M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Color and Discount Advice

07-12-2020, 05:17 PM   #1
austinsl
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i, M8 Competition

Color and Discount Advice

I saw the posts about no 2021 M8 convertible production so I’m going to go ahead and get a loaded 2020 convertible, either all black, sonic speed blue/black, or metigo with midland beige.

Does anyone regret getting the beige interior?

Also, what should I expect as far as a reasonable dealer discount? We live in the North Texas area and I’ll check with the dealer our family has always purchased from.

Last edited by austinsl; 07-12-2020 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 10:32 PM   #2
7summits
Private
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsl View Post
I saw the posts about no 2021 M8 convertible production so I’m going to go ahead and get a loaded 2020 convertible, either all black, sonic speed blue/black, or metigo with midland beige.

Also, what should I expect as far as a reasonable dealer discount? We live in the North Texas area and I’ll check with the dealer our family has always purchased from.
Go over to leasehacker. NYCLIFE has this available...

2020 M8 Convertible demo,
157k msrp
$699 broker fee.

$899+tax+msd
Must have loyalty/corp
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #3
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

Quote:

I have the ivory white interior, two grandkids (7 and 12) who sit back there (sometimes with snacks), and a guy who cleans/details the car every two weeks or so.

No problems thus far. Just be a little careful, give it some decent attention from time to time, and you'll be fine, imo.
- Retired: Three Lexuses.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 03:23 AM   #4
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
I saw the posts about no 2021 M8 convertible production so I'm going to go ahead and get a loaded 2020 convertible, either all black, sonic speed blue/black, or metigo with midland beige.

Also, what should I expect as far as a reasonable dealer discount? We live in the North Texas area and I'll check with the dealer our family has always purchased from.
I went Sonic speed blue. I wanted tanzanite blue, but when I saw the Sonic speed Blue with carbon fiber, black wheels, and B&W sound, I took the Sonic Blue with white interior.
Ivory isn't my first choice for interior either, but at 20% off MSRP, I was willing to negotiate on the first m850i.

I'd imagine you should be able to get around 20% off MSRP today on a leftover 2019 or 2020 sitting on the ground for 6 months. if it's new (less than 3 months), maybe 10-15% off.

The m8 have been slow and haven't been selling like the m850i or standard 840 cars. I'd imagine that they want to move them out, especially if BMW stopped making them because there was too many already.
Appreciate 0