M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos SUV Suggestions?

11-15-2016, 07:42 AM   #23
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
The new XC90 is a super solid vehicle albeit an absolute snooze to drive compared to the Bimmer. Maybe wait a few months until the second model year is released? They will resolve some of the issues.
A turbocharged supercharged 4cyl from Sweden - what could go wrong!

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #24
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
A turbocharged supercharged 4cyl from Sweden - what could go wrong!
Lol. Heard a similar joke today about that Jaguar electric SUV concept: an electric vehicle from Britain, what could go wrong?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 11:56 AM   #25
sid369
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RAV4

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncheung View Post
Maybe too big for what you're looking for. 2 years ago I got a CPO Mercedes GL450, it never ceases to surprise me how much it can carry. There is not a lot of cars can hold 3 car seats on the 2nd row. Very comfortable ride. When it comes off from warranty I'm going to get one of those tunes that gives it 500HP should be more fun to drive when by then...!
Tell me more, I would be interested, however I have heard that it is really big and difficult to park, back up etc.

What has been your experience and did you buy additional warranty? which year CPO?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 01:34 PM   #26
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
Tell me more, I would be interested, however I have heard that it is really big and difficult to park, back up etc.

What has been your experience and did you buy additional warranty? which year CPO?
You've heard they're big? You can tell that just by looking at them.

C'mon dude, you have to do at least a little bit of research on your own... the GL450 has only been turbocharged since 2013 and he said he's had it for two years. Do the math. Also, as I mentioned in a previous post, CPO is the additional warranty.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 01:58 PM   #27
byroncheung
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, 997.2 c2s, x166 GL450

Quote:

Yes it's big (that's why it can hold lot of shts!), I was lucky enough to find one with the 360 camera (you know the one that gives you bird eye view), front & back parking sensors. With those you can maneuver in the parking spaces pretty precisely. I can imagine one would have to be a lot more careful without them. (GL550 tends to be equipped with the 360 camera, was hard to find 450 that had it)

Common issues on these include brake rotor wrap and wheel vibrations from tires. I got them too on mine when I got it as CPO. It took me a couple of trips to dealer changing rotors and tires to sort them out.

I also have had couple of issues with the tailgate - the lock malfunctioned twice and needed fixing / replacement. Another minor electronic glitch I have is sometimes (pretty rare) the backup camera won't switch on when backing up, usually next starting of the car it will be fine. Have read some people have similar problem also. It happens rarely and I don’t have a way to reproduce it so I never bother to get the dealer to fix it. Maybe I should.

Mine is still under the CPO warranty, I didn’t get any extra warranty. It is a 2013, I have had it for about one and a half year now. We have 3 kids it serves the family duties well daily and for ski trips etc. Ride is comfortable and there is enough power so it's not too frustrating when I hop into it from my m3. It looks good too my wife loves it. However I do feel a little uneasy about these electronic glitches I have had and potential problems that can occur after CPO warranty ends. When that happens I will need to think about if I go get a 3rd party warranty or what not…
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 02:41 PM   #28
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

The answer is always Murano.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 08:29 AM   #29
sid369
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RAV4

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncheung View Post
Yes it's big (that's why it can hold lot of shts!), I was lucky enough to find one with the 360 camera (you know the one that gives you bird eye view), front & back parking sensors. With those you can maneuver in the parking spaces pretty precisely. I can imagine one would have to be a lot more careful without them. (GL550 tends to be equipped with the 360 camera, was hard to find 450 that had it)

Common issues on these include brake rotor wrap and wheel vibrations from tires. I got them too on mine when I got it as CPO. It took me a couple of trips to dealer changing rotors and tires to sort them out.

I also have had couple of issues with the tailgate - the lock malfunctioned twice and needed fixing / replacement. Another minor electronic glitch I have is sometimes (pretty rare) the backup camera won't switch on when backing up, usually next starting of the car it will be fine. Have read some people have similar problem also. It happens rarely and I don’t have a way to reproduce it so I never bother to get the dealer to fix it. Maybe I should.

Mine is still under the CPO warranty, I didn’t get any extra warranty. It is a 2013, I have had it for about one and a half year now. We have 3 kids it serves the family duties well daily and for ski trips etc. Ride is comfortable and there is enough power so it's not too frustrating when I hop into it from my m3. It looks good too my wife loves it. However I do feel a little uneasy about these electronic glitches I have had and potential problems that can occur after CPO warranty ends. When that happens I will need to think about if I go get a 3rd party warranty or what not…
Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the car. I know that its a big car, but was wondering does it drive small for its size, like how some other cars which are big but still manages to drive small and you don't feel the size while driving.

I found one 2014 GL450 with 18,000 miles for $47,000 CPO and wondering if that is a good price or not. I am also looking for CPO X5.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 09:07 AM   #30
byroncheung
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, 997.2 c2s, x166 GL450

Quote:
Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the car. I know that its a big car, but was wondering does it drive small for its size, like how some other cars which are big but still manages to drive small and you don't feel the size while driving.

I found one 2014 GL450 with 18,000 miles for $47,000 CPO and wondering if that is a good price or not. I am also looking for CPO X5.
sounds reasonable, kbb prices that between 44k-49k.

X5 will certainly drives smaller (it used to have a ML, size similar to X5), feels more nimble. The GL's engine is somewhat powerful so it doesn't feel too big to drive but you can certainly feel the difference compared to X5 or ML. You need to test drive to find out for yourself if you're ok with it. For me it really boils down to if you need the 3rd row seat and extra cargo space.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 09:08 AM   #31
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:

You need to shop on cargurus.com. That will tell you if the car is at, above, or below market.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 09:24 AM   #32
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
The answer is always Murano.
If you like replacing transmissions.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 09:25 AM   #33
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Do like the days before the internet....

GO test drive every vehicle on your list at which point you will be able to answer most of your own questions.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #34
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
I have an X5. Bought it brand new. I personally love it. I got the S Drive instead of the X Drive (rear wheel vs all wheel). I live in SoCal. Don't need the all wheel drive. Best of luck on your search.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 05:09 AM   #35
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
If you like replacing transmissions.
I have yet to replace one on my gen 2 and 3 Murano. Plenty of fuel pumps for the gen 2 but no tranny issues. Pathfinders on the other hand...
Appreciate 0