M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Carwow -Tesla Model 3 v BMW M850i v Mercedes-AMG E63 S

06-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #67
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani59 View Post
What persuades this guy to do a rolling race in comfort out of gear? How is that ever a real world "race scenario".? Just take that pointless 20 second race out of the video or learn how to do it right.
Sure. Give him a shout and offer your help to teach someone who's been doing it for a while.

Just so you understand, the majority of us in the UK don't always drive in sports. Our roads aren't geared for that.
Doing it for a while yet the guy is dumb enough to make a RACING video in comfort mode. Keep backing up this clown of a channel. You think I care how much popularity his account has? I know accounts with 30k subs who have more interesting and real races. Quality over quantity. Like I said the order would be E63s/8/Model 3 but some people are actually interested of how big the difference would be in SPORT mode. S O R R Y. :
You do have very high opinion of yourself, don't you?

Judging others actions based on your values is definitely a great way to live life.
High opinion of myself? I ain't shit! Lol. All I'm asking is if you're a racing channel, doing a race in comfort mode is sad. If you have this car & you're in comfort on the freeway go get in a 840d or something :
I think that's where you are wrong. Carwow isn't a racing channel at all.
Most of their videos are of drag races.
Does that make them a racing channel??? Do you know what their business is?
Appreciate 2
Vervain396.50
      06-24-2019, 09:38 AM   #68
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What persuades this guy to do a rolling race in comfort out of gear? How is that ever a real world "race scenario".? Just take that pointless 20 second race out of the video or learn how to do it right.
Sure. Give him a shout and offer your help to teach someone who's been doing it for a while.

Just so you understand, the majority of us in the UK don't always drive in sports. Our roads aren't geared for that.
Doing it for a while yet the guy is dumb enough to make a RACING video in comfort mode. Keep backing up this clown of a channel. You think I care how much popularity his account has? I know accounts with 30k subs who have more interesting and real races. Quality over quantity. Like I said the order would be E63s/8/Model 3 but some people are actually interested of how big the difference would be in SPORT mode. S O R R Y. :

Judging others actions based on your values is definitely a great way to live life.
High opinion of myself? I ain't shit! Lol. All I'm asking is if you're a racing channel, doing a race in comfort mode is sad. If you have this car & you're in comfort on the freeway go get in a 840d or something :
Oh man you're impossible aren't you. You can't seriously be this thick, right?
Appreciate 2
ADS-UK498.50
Vervain396.50
      06-25-2019, 08:22 AM   #69
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i, '18 X6M, '16 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"Does that make them a racing channel" really? I guess those 100+ drag races are really just reviews. I'm blind.
Appreciate 2
      06-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #70
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i, '18 X6M, '16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh man you're impossible aren't you. You can't seriously be this thick, right?
Where is he wrong? 3/4 of their videos in recent months have been DRAG/ROLLING RACES
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2019, 08:24 AM   #71
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"Does that make them a racing channel" really? I guess those 100+ drag races are really just reviews. I'm blind.
Yet to answer my question on whether you know what their business is.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 03:38 PM   #72
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too__Hu///Mble View Post
Is it me or it's fascinating that a base 8 Series is tenths within an electric car and top of line AMG sedan.
Impressive and superbly balanced in terms of drag and track performance ability.

The ///M8 will be shattering. A new standard to coupes. (Excluding super and hyper cars)
Well, the 850 is a fast car for not being an M car but the difference between the AMG is a lifetime on the track.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 03:44 PM   #73
Too__Hu///Mble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Quote:
Is it me or it's fascinating that a base 8 Series is tenths within an electric car and top of line AMG sedan.
Impressive and superbly balanced in terms of drag and track performance ability.

The ///M8 will be shattering. A new standard to coupes. (Excluding super and hyper cars)
Well, the 850 is a fast car for not being an M car but the difference between the AMG is a lifetime on the track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Quote:

You making my point. The mere fact that the M850 is naturally at that performance point initially shows the potential is all I'm saying.

So much to look forward to. Aero kits, big wings, rims, stripes. The customizing amenities is so tantalizing yet intriguing.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 04:40 PM   #74
DPelletier
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [7.00]
I'm not in the market for a full size performance coupe but I had to chime in and say congrats to you 8 series owners; this car looks amazing....much better than the C63.

...and this coming from someone who has owned four new Mercedes' in the last 8 years

Cheers,
Dave
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 02:26 PM   #75
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yet to answer my question on whether you know what their business is.
Only now seeing your response.

My answer is simple. You said it's not a racing channel, I said most of the videos are of drag races.

Again YOU said it's not a racing channel.

Doesn't matter what their business is. "Drag races" or Versus in the 1/4 mile is racing and that's what most of their videos do.

I don't know how I could get clearer than that.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 07:41 AM   #76
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2

There's one sitting waiting to go home in Mamaroneck if anyone wants one. No markup.
Nice color. See " Kason " he's and awesome
No pressure chill sales cat
BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s LBB X5M
3.2carrera

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 0