M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Carwow - BMW M8 GC v Audi RS6 v AMG E63 S v Porsche Panamera - DRAG RACE

09-22-2020, 07:28 AM   #67
Belugs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i, 2012 528i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee0007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belugs View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Hey all I'm saying is facts. I'm not taking about u directly , u might be that guy. My point is simple and I guess ur opinion is much different. People with cars like those, very very rarely do 0-60 of a light or try to race u, on the street. So my point is it's irrelevant for 98% of those people that can actually afford those cars and that do launch them. You might be living in Lal's land fool to think that's happening , but it's cute how ur convincing urslef. Lol wtf do u drive ?
No--you're saying "opinions"--a common archetype on these forums but, nonetheless wrong and, still, very different things.

I am cute--my mum and my wife both say so.

// let's not forget the pointless "lol", so lol

As for what I drive... jeez, it's a fucking car forum, look it up ya pleb.
Lol cuz I'm laughing at u. Yes I could only imagine u and ur new m8 doing 0-60 off a light with the rs6 speed demon right beside u. Yea sure there bud bud. And I'm sure u do that daily and ur an awesome driver. M8 is not a drivers car. Gt4 is. M8 is for older dudes to brag to their buddies how much money they have or how much hp they have h set the hood. Or bad ass mf like u that race them daily "lol"
I'm in my mid 30's and have an M8 on order. Most of the above 60's surgeons at my wife's job drive Porsche GT's. Get the point?
Still doesn't matter. I still have yet to see drag races of any of those two cars in real life or pushing over 80mph on the highway against each other. Still haven't seen it. Very rare occasion was my point. But I guess where u live it's a daily occurrence cuz u so strongly disagree with me.
Where I live in Texas u don't see drag races all the time but every now and then u see a few American muscle car, BMW M, GT, AMG drivers etc. doing rolling races or stop light races. Not all the time but you definitely see them. I have done a few myself.
See u missed my point which I thought I was pretty clear about , u mentioned cars that I didn't. I specifically was speaking about the cars shown in that video. How many times did u Personally seen any of those cars and exact models, new, drag race against each other ???
And even if u have, I said it's a very rare occurrence in real life. U can argue all u want my friend , and hey maybe in Texas is what these guys that own those cars do. But in my experience and option here in Toronto , I don't see it . That's all I said
I don't think I ever got your point Sir. But let's just pretend I did!
Appreciate 1
limeypride4418.50
      09-22-2020, 07:39 AM   #68
dee0007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey all I'm saying is facts. I'm not taking about u directly , u might be that guy. My point is simple and I guess ur opinion is much different. People with cars like those, very very rarely do 0-60 of a light or try to race u, on the street. So my point is it's irrelevant for 98% of those people that can actually afford those cars and that do launch them. You might be living in Lal's land fool to think that's happening , but it's cute how ur convincing urslef. Lol wtf do u drive ?
No--you're saying "opinions"--a common archetype on these forums but, nonetheless wrong and, still, very different things.

Lol cuz I'm laughing at u. Yes I could only imagine u and ur new m8 doing 0-60 off a light with the rs6 speed demon right beside u. Yea sure there bud bud. And I'm sure u do that daily and ur an awesome driver. M8 is not a drivers car. Gt4 is. M8 is for older dudes to brag to their buddies how much money they have or how much hp they have h set the hood. Or bad ass mf like u that race them daily "lol"
I'm in my mid 30's and have an M8 on order. Most of the above 60's surgeons at my wife's job drive Porsche GT's. Get the point?
Still doesn't matter. I still have yet to see drag races of any of those two cars in real life or pushing over 80mph on the highway against each other. Still haven't seen it. Very rare occasion was my point. But I guess where u live it's a daily occurrence cuz u so strongly disagree with me.
Where I live in Texas u don't see drag races all the time but every now and then u see a few American muscle car, BMW M, GT, AMG drivers etc. doing rolling races or stop light races. Not all the time but you definitely see them. I have done a few myself.
See u missed my point which I thought I was pretty clear about , u mentioned cars that I didn't. I specifically was speaking about the cars shown in that video. How many times did u Personally seen any of those cars and exact models, new, drag race against each other ???
And even if u have, I said it's a very rare occurrence in real life. U can argue all u want my friend , and hey maybe in Texas is what these guys that own those cars do. But in my experience and option here in Toronto , I don't see it . That's all I said
Sorry got u confused with limeypride my bad
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 07:57 AM   #69
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Appreciate 1
Al Pinγ1838.50
      09-22-2020, 08:04 AM   #70
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #71
Al Pinγ
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Can confirm. Took a road trip to Toronto last fall and people drive like total pussies. Too much maple syrup in their blood I suppose.
      09-22-2020, 09:42 AM   #72
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
Can confirm. Took a road trip to Toronto last fall and people drive like total pussies. Too much maple syrup in their blood I suppose.
Appreciate 1
Al Pinγ1838.50
      09-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #73
TX3M
Car guy
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
Her Escalade...
Wow, talk about a big change!
Appreciate 1
noushy1650.00
      09-22-2020, 10:38 AM   #74
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

I know for fact bc I see his posts that limeypride does a ton of draggy testing on his own and safely. I am more of the bloozemanAZ type, I like the exit ramps and hwy driving when no one is around stretching the cars legs out. I will say I never race from a dig at a stoplight it's just too dangerous.

When I lived in Cali there was a big faction of drivers with all diff makes who went to "Mexico" in the wee hours of the night and did side by side racing 60-130 and the like

I see both points, however I do find these drag races interesting.

Outside of the name calling and suggestions of driver profiles we are all here for discussing so appreciate different view points. I don't even currently own a BMW, have owned many but really enjoy bimmerpost and the ppl on it.

I wish 6speedonline was still a thing so I could get the vast knowledge on this board for a Porsche again
limeypride4418.50
      09-22-2020, 11:03 AM   #75
ctelimad
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m8

I have an M8 convertible that i daily drive and i do stop light races at least few times a week with M5s and other M8s or amgs at nighttime
I do launch control at least once every other day just to enjoy it and get better 0 to 60 times
I do not track my car because vertibles are not made for that
Appreciate 2
limeypride4418.50
Al Pinγ1838.50
      09-22-2020, 11:41 AM   #76
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctelimad View Post
I have an M8 convertible that i daily drive and i do stop light races at least few times a week with M5s and other M8s or amgs at nighttime
I do launch control at least once every other day just to enjoy it and get better 0 to 60 times
I do not track my car because vertibles are not made for that
A damned shame you're not in Florida.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 12:05 PM   #77
ctelimad
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m8

Quote:
Hehe i wish i was there. Would have been smoking fun
Appreciate 1
limeypride4418.50
      09-22-2020, 12:53 PM   #78
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
I couldn't care less how relevant some people think a drag race video like this is. For me it's good fun to watch and it does show some performance strengths and weaknesses of the cars.
There are also plenty of vids of the M8 doing rather well on a road course/track. The Germans do a lot of relevant testing on their tracks and the M8 does beat strong competitors.

Have to look again but isn't the M8 the fastest or one of the fastest production BMW's on any race track?
Appreciate 2
limeypride4418.50
Al Pinγ1838.50
      09-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #79
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

The M850/M8 are an excellent blend (just right in my opinion) of sport/ speed/comfort, and never pretend to be anything more or less...

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 3
FBMWWINS603.50
limeypride4418.50
Al Pinγ1838.50
      09-22-2020, 04:14 PM   #80
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
And what do u drive ?
A 2020 M850i that has a higher MSRP than the Audi R6 in the comparison (just built one to specs to confirm) and has similar quarter mile performance but quicker at 0-60. So yes it is expensive and yes although I do not have a lot of launches under my belt the bottom line is I literally DILYSI on a daily basis.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4418.50
      09-22-2020, 10:02 PM   #81
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Did you come over for the winter season?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 05:02 AM   #82
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Did you come over for the winter season?
I moved permanently actually. So back here in the sunshine state for good.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7833.00
r33_RGSport12803.00
      09-23-2020, 09:41 PM   #83
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep

Ben, now that even limeypride moved to the Sunshine State, why don’t you join us here in FL? r33_RGSport
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      09-23-2020, 09:47 PM   #84
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Ben, now that even limeypride moved to the Sunshine State, why don’t you join us here in FL? r33_RGSport
Haha.

I can't. I have to stay in the sunny state so I can keep you guys up to date to new stuff.
Everything happens here first.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7833.00
      09-23-2020, 09:49 PM   #85
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Haha.

I can't. I have to stay in the sunny state so I can keep you guys up to date to new stuff.
well, you will have to move eventually or only Teslas for you...
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...vehicles-2035/
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      09-23-2020, 10:04 PM   #86
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Haha.

well, you will have to move eventually or only Teslas for you...
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...vehicles-2035/
Well, they can't take what I have.
Besides, the new car design is getting more and more out of control.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7833.00