M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion What are the differences between M8 and M8 Competition?

01-22-2021, 10:43 PM   #45
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
I vote for #1.
:
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 10:45 PM   #46
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
More here:
https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1680954
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 11:13 PM   #47
Mgrae456
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m850

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
This thread is officially but I for one am not complaining.
Number 1
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 10:41 AM   #48
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Convertible

@limeypride Vic55 gents I have two deals on the table one is a 165k m8 comp cab and another is 153k cab my must have was Bowers and neck warmer only .

There are only 11 comp convertibles with Bowers left in the country . Both payments are almost same delta with the 165k car is $1200 more .

I wanted a white m8 with Bowers no black interior which I'm getting on the 153k but on the comp it's black interior .

Is it worth it to get the comp convertible shit is almost 165k and compared to 153 car only 35 more bucks in monthly payment I shopped every single m8 convertible with Bowers on the lot in the country literally LOL the deal is bonkers . My question is the comp worth it ? The drive difference can u feel it and even with louder exhaust ? ( I had dravit gray for 4 months non comp ) . Need your help to pull the trigger by this evening.
      01-23-2021, 11:25 AM   #49
Mgrae456
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m850

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Lunatic View Post
@limeypride Vic55 gents I have two deals on the table one is a 165k m8 comp cab and another is 153k cab my must have was Bowers and neck warmer only .

There are only 11 comp convertibles with Bowers left in the country . Both payments are almost same delta with the 165k car is $1200 more .

I wanted a white m8 with Bowers no black interior which I'm getting on the 153k but on the comp it's black interior .

Is it worth it to get the comp convertible shit is almost 165k and compared to 153 car only 35 more bucks in monthly payment I shopped every single m8 convertible with Bowers on the lot in the country literally LOL the deal is bonkers . My question is the comp worth it ? The drive difference can u feel it and even with louder exhaust ? ( I had dravit gray for 4 months non comp ) . Need your help to pull the trigger by this evening.
How can you go wrong for $35. Go for it.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2021, 11:43 AM   #50
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The non-Comps are softer overall. For $35, I'm with the others here—go for it.

Are you leasing?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 11:59 AM   #51
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The non-Comps are softer overall. For $35, I'm with the others here—go for it.

Are you leasing?
Yea man and 80% I'm in cleremont at my parents farm/ lake house to shack up there for two months ..... we will def catch up the .

Yes I'm leasing from a m850 to m8 convertible to a m8 comp convertible since June last year.

Driving difference is it a noticeable difference ? I really wanted the white on red with black wheels it's my color of choice but non comp and I agree for a MSRP of almost 11 grand more 35 more in payment is nothing .

I wanted opinions but looks like
It's a no brainer comp convertible and comp convertible is rare only 15-16 left in the country well in the past 18 months I have seen one m8 coupe and 2 m850s.
      01-23-2021, 12:04 PM   #52
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgrae456 View Post
Quote:

How can you go wrong for $35. Go for it.
Torn between a color of choice which I had to negotiate hard for a week from a dealer 2000 miles away and traditionally these dealers at autonation do not discount cArs much.

Color of choice non comp 153k vs comp convertible with black interior ( I hate block interior ) but again comp convertible has got me twisted and 165k I can unload it easily whenever .
      01-23-2021, 12:12 PM   #53
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:

Sorry I am late to this.

So 35 bucks more is clearly a factor here; obviously the higher residual on greater msrp coupled with a low rent charge factor creates the benefit of getting the more expensive car for a marginal cost increase.

My question will be this: are you going to try to get out of the car early? If so whats the discounts on both cars and whats the gross cap cost of each. I ask because you will be 100% buried in both but how bad do you want to be buried if you are getting out early? In any lease the goal is the lowest gross cap cast (pre reduction) and money factor at buy rate. If you are in it for the term then its a no brainer get the comp with all the bells. But if not- Ill need more details.

I also need build dates on the door jam because one car might have much more in FS monies and if you are trading in early, most used car managers know the incentives even if they are not BMW used car managers.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2021, 12:16 PM   #54
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:

Sorry I am late to this.

So 35 bucks more is clearly a factor here; obviously the higher residual on greater msrp coupled with a low rent charge factor creates the benefit of getting the more expensive car for a marginal cost increase.

My question will be this: are you going to try to get out of the car early? If so whats the discounts on both cars and whats the gross cap cost of each. I ask because you will be 100% buried in both but how bad do you want to be buried if you are getting out early? In any lease the goal is the lowest gross cap cast (pre reduction) and money factor at buy rate. If you are in it for the term then its a no brainer get the comp with all the bells. But if not- Ill need more details.

I also need build dates on the door jam because one car might have much more in FS monies and if you are trading in early, most used car managers know the incentives even if they are not BMW used car managers.
It's a Bmw it's a lease I have never kept a car more than 10 months for example from June last year from a m850 coupe to a m8 convertible and now this. I will be able to unload both leases . Both with base mf and only taxes and fees due at signing I'm in dirty Jersey 6.625 tax upfront on the entire lease term .

All I wanna know is there a noticeable difference driving a comp cab m8 vs a non comp ?

You and a few others here are kings of exotic cars hence I asked u big wigs . I don't care paying 35 more a month .
      01-23-2021, 12:37 PM   #55
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
Appreciate your dedication and thoroughness, as always.
Appreciate 1
BMWGirlFL6265.00
      01-23-2021, 12:38 PM   #56
Jenner
///M
Rep
Drives: M8C/Taycan Turbo/Roadster 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
All I wanna know is there a noticeable difference driving a comp cab m8 vs a non comp ?
Hardly.

17 hp is not noticeable.

Comp will ride ever so slightly firmer and slightly louder exhaust, but we are talking SLIGHTLY. Get the one that makes you happier be it color or price or get the one that is easier to get out of in 10-12 months.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2021, 12:43 PM   #57
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
Quote:
Hardly.

17 hp is not noticeable.

Comp will ride ever so slightly firmer and slightly louder exhaust, but we are talking SLIGHTLY. Get the one that makes you happier be it color or price or get the one that is easier to get out of in 10-12 months.
So confusing to pick one . All my local Bmw dealer friends say get the comp it's a no brainer not many cab comp built then 11k more in MSRP a bit faster louder exhaust then the other white on red with black wheels my color choice. DECISIONS!!!!
      01-23-2021, 12:52 PM   #58
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
It's a Bmw it's a lease I have never kept a car more than 10 months for example from June last year from a m850 coupe to a m8 convertible and now this. I will be able to unload both leases . Both with base mf and only taxes and fees due at signing I'm in dirty Jersey 6.625 tax upfront on the entire lease term .

You and a few others here are kings of exotic cars hence I asked u big wigs . I don't care paying 35 more a month .
I speak from a bit more experience than others here BUT its still not apples to apples. I come from a non comp F90 M5 and now am in a comp M8 GC. My extensive ownership experience with the F90 pre lower and post and with and without RaceChip against my M8 CE pre and post lower with and without RC tells me there is very very very small difference in performance. But where I can tell the difference is in the tuning of the dampers, suspension components and steering. Obviously wheelbase plays a role but I know my roads and over 40 different sports and GT cars later the comp makes me smile a bit more. That familiar BMW thud with no multiple bounce backs is the difference as well as reduced yaw and steering feel/connection. But for 13k and under the lease program its worth it if you keep it to term.

Obviously there are other items in the CE but most can be manipulated. The interior can not with out large costs. And of course no one ever mentions labor and time. For me thats the greatest piece and my time value of money is hyper important. limeypride

So Ill go back to the pricing piece as you dont keep the cars long enough. Ill ask again whats the gross cap costs on both? You dont know what you are not missing so Id work the non comp deal and get that delta as low as possible so we dont have to talk about depreciation woes in yet another thread LOL. I bought my GC CE with 1700 miles for 103k and that was my smoking connection deal but even the store said they would have sold it for around 120k (154 msrp) so all M8's are gonna get bone crushed. If you can get the CE close to the non CE in cap- lease it and then get out early as the CE will still get a better ACV than a non CE.

Last edited by Vic55; 01-23-2021 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 2
limeypride4423.50
xmanpro3055.00
      01-23-2021, 01:29 PM   #59
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I speak from a bit more experience than others here BUT its still not apples to apples. I come from a non comp F90 M5 and now am in a comp M8 GC. My extensive ownership experience with the F90 pre lower and post and with and without RaceChip against my M8 CE pre and post lower with and without RC tells me there is very very very small difference in performance. But where I can tell the difference is in the tuning of the dampers, suspension components and steering. Obviously wheelbase plays a role but I know my roads and over 40 different sports and GT cars later the comp makes me smile a bit more. That familiar BMW thud with no multiple bounce backs is the difference as well as reduced yaw and steering feel/connection. But for 13k and under the lease program its worth it if you keep it to term.

Obviously there are other items in the CE but most can be manipulated. The interior can not with out large costs. And of course no one ever mentions labor and time. For me thats the greatest piece and my time value of money is hyper important. limeypride

So Ill go back to the pricing piece as you dont keep the cars long enough. Ill ask again whats the gross cap costs on both? You dont know what you are not missing so Id work the non comp deal and get that delta as low as possible so we dont have to talk about depreciation woes in yet another thread LOL. I bought my GC CE with 1700 miles for 103k and that was my smoking connection deal but even the store said they would have sold it for around 120k (154 msrp) so all M8's are gonna get bone crushed. If you can get the CE close to the non CE in cap- lease it and then get out early as the CE will still get a better ACV than a non CE.
Thanks for a great write up bro ! I am gonna sit on it this weekend . The non comp car is a AUTONATION store and as u know they don't play around but I still managed to let a 153k car go at 124k . I think comp is a no brainer it's blue.
      01-23-2021, 01:34 PM   #60
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for a great write up bro ! I am gonna sit on it this weekend . The non comp car is a AUTONATION store and as u know they don't play around but I still managed to let a 153k car go at 124k . I think comp is a no brainer it's blue.
Autonation forces their dealers to write down a certain percentage of each car after it reaches a time threshold. So the net net on that car was probably around 126k (triple net plus flagship) but with write downs occurring they probably can dump it further as its costing them money to hold it. If you can get the CE for the same percentage off (not dollars) then play the CE game!!
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2021, 01:40 PM   #61
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Autonation forces their dealers to write down a certain percentage of each car after it reaches a time threshold. So the net net on that car was probably around 126k (triple net plus flagship) but with write downs occurring they probably can dump it further as its costing them money to hold it. If you can get the CE for the same percentage off (not dollars) then play the CE game!!
Auto nation store it's 18.2 off non comp

Comp car is 20.6% which is crazy I called 16 dealers emails while working and that car is bonkers in terms of pricing. All other comp cab cars were easily 250-300 more. With the programs to tank in March on 2020s don't understand why other dealers didn't play ball.
      01-23-2021, 03:58 PM   #62
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Agreed.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2021, 06:06 PM   #63
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

OP how were you able to "unload" your M850? I'd have to imagine there was some significant upsidedowness, unless you got 30%+off msrp? I'd like to know as I'd trade my ~950mile one year old M850 if it made financial sense

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 04:56 PM   #64
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
OP how were you able to "unload" your M850? I'd have to imagine there was some significant upsidedowness, unless you got 30%+off msrp? I'd like to know as I'd trade my ~950mile one year old M850 if it made financial sense
I was leasing m850 a 124k 2019 new model. I won't say how much I was paying at the time no one will believe me . It was a lease I unloaded it and went pretty quick . I had m8 m850 at the same
Time for a month due to COVID delays the m850 took forever to transfer. Even the m8 payments last September was crazy . Now the going is tough .
      06-01-2021, 04:36 PM   #65
BLACK KILLER
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW'16 M6GC

Garage List
Quote:
:
"Bayrische Mist Wagen" - Mercedes :-)
Appreciate 0