M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Is it worth the money?

06-27-2022, 12:22 PM   #23
Allen Aquino
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWM8 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttuite View Post
I am very glad I came on here and asked this question. I would have never thought it would be worth it. After reading I called the dealer and added it. Better safe than sorry. Thanks so much for your input.

Now, if I can just forget about my order until it gets closer and not be like Snareman. I can see myself easily getting on my garage and checking to see if that little dot moves 6 times a day!

Thanks again and especially to Snareman for the PM.
Your welcome Bruv
Appreciate 1
Mosset0.00
      06-27-2022, 06:43 PM   #24
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttuite View Post
I am very glad I came on here and asked this question. I would have never thought it would be worth it. After reading I called the dealer and added it. Better safe than sorry. Thanks so much for your input.
You won't be sorry
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 04:29 PM   #25
Accentu8
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY24 Porsche Taycan

Garage List
Can’t do without it or imagine ever doing without it! Such amazing sound and the look is off the chain gorgeous!
Attached Images

MY24 Audi SQ5 Prestige | Mythos black metallic | Magma red Nappa

Retired: MY23 BMW 840i Coupe | MY21 Audi SQ5 | MY19 Audi A6
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2024, 07:25 PM   #26
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accentu8 View Post
Can’t do without it or imagine ever doing without it! Such amazing sound and the look is off the chain gorgeous!
As I've stated dozens of times especially if leasing the aesthetics of the B&W is worth the small cost rolled into a lease payment. If you're an audiophile there is no other choice. As mentioned in the thread sources matter but my audio shootout between HK and B&W via high resolution FLAC on a thumb drive called out the easy clear winner without even calibration.

4 years later and an absolutely calibrated B&W setup it's one of the pure enjoyment factors in driving the car. 2nd only to that glorious twin-turbo charged fire breathing V8. 👍
Appreciate 2
M8Bimmer1272.50
Accentu8703.50
      01-07-2024, 08:14 PM   #27
MagnificoRoad
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 840iGC

bloozemanAZ , are your tested settings calibrated for the gran coupe cabin? iirc in my recent perusals it was for the coupe? but my memory may not serve 🤦‍♀️
      01-07-2024, 08:52 PM   #28
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificoRoad View Post
bloozemanAZ , are your tested settings calibrated for the gran coupe cabin? iirc in my recent perusals it was for the coupe? but my memory may not serve 🤦‍♀️
You would potentially need tweaks for a GC given the cabin differential but if you're not a complete audiophile seeking the best calibration it should not matter. In fact the key to the B&W sound wise is the front seats with the GC having nearly the same specs plus all the same B&W hardware (subs under the seats, driver/passenger door midrange and tweeters plus the center console midrange/tweeter).
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 08:59 PM   #29
MagnificoRoad
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 840iGC

Ah, good to know bloozemanAZ . I’m big into music but not even close to a bona fide audiophile like yourself. (My brother on the other hand is a professional drummer so if he heard both he *could* make a case out of it!)
      01-07-2024, 09:44 PM   #30
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificoRoad View Post
Ah, good to know bloozemanAZ . I’m big into music but not even close to a bona fide audiophile like yourself. (My brother on the other hand is a professional drummer so if he heard both he *could* make a case out of it!)
Kudos to your brother as music will forever be my passion and who ever does it professionally gets my utmost respect. I left the music business for my corporate IT career back in 92 as I'm lucky enough to have two passions and the clear winner on paying the bills.

Prior to leaving that world I learned from the best sound engineers in the various studios we recorded in. Our band went nowhere as the American public are a fickle audience but that said my fellow brethren who "made it" I was in the studio with them at every turn.

My best friends in life are still in that world and I've blown away my wife who is from South America and didn't know anyone of them. She's met many now but this year's Power Trip festival blew her mind as we had full VIP, backstage passes, etc. and even had to leave on Saturday night as that was the last private jet out of dodge. The irony is Kirk told her "I'm sorry you'll miss our show tomorrow night". Her answer "who are you". 😜
Appreciate 0