M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition When taking creatine-based supplements

03-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #23
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

My buddy in high school would get a weird sensation in his stomach when eating. He would also take creatine. That shit can't be good for you man just a protein shake will do the trick.

PS. Is doing abs 2-3 times a week actually good for you? I've always heard you're supposed to treat them like any other muscle. How about obliques?

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 02:15 AM   #24
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
My buddy in high school would get a weird sensation in his stomach when eating. He would also take creatine. That shit can't be good for you man just a protein shake will do the trick.

PS. Is doing abs 2-3 times a week actually good for you? I've always heard you're supposed to treat them like any other muscle. How about obliques?
Well I definitely take protein shakes (twice a day actually), but that's for completely different reasons. Creatine is safe. You just have to be hydrated and alert (by that I mean taking it on a poor night's sleep will just make you nauseous).

Btw having a single protein shake a day is completely random and won't make a difference if your total daily protein intake isn't that high. I just get my shakes in after workouts and as an in-between meal during the day.

You can work out abs more frequently than other muscles in the body because they're smaller. Doesn't mean you should work them out everyday (which you can), but getting in at least three times a week is what I do. Not positive on obliques. I just train them every other day.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 02:52 AM   #25
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyfukinBMW View Post
Oh and if theres no burn then there's no gain!! =
Delayed onset muscle soreness is not a sign of hypertrophy

[QUOTE=Nikkahtropolis;9119390 Heh, thanks for the info. That makes sense. Idk, it only happens when I'm doing my forearm curls, but I've kind of grown to like the burning sensation. It's different. It's like a hyper pump lol.[/QUOTE]

NO supplements should definitely give you a pump and tightness in your muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Fact: Arnold Schwarzenneger trained abs, calves, and forearms every day. It makes sense because you use those muscles every day much more than the others so they're used to the abuse.
No one is near the level of arnold and following his routine would be useless to anyone who is not extremely advances in their training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSlick View Post
After 8 years of working out consistently I found these extra supplements are quite pointless.

The creatine just makes you look bloated and the NO just gives you a pump look (eventually) after dozens of pills a day.
Supplements are just that... supplements, they just get you to a point you would have gotten maybe just a tad quicker, not worth the money unless your young and really trying to get "bigger" then all the other guys around you. They do help to a certain extent though. Things like beta alanine can be pretty useful in your supplements in terms of stamina. BCAA's are good when "cutting" so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post

"Abs are made in the kitchen not the gym" is a pretty common saying amongst medical professionals, but I see no harm in doing them 3 times a week. Creatine is known to cause gastro problems in certain people. I would avoid obliques unless you are already pretty lean because You will bulk up the muscle therefore creating the illusion of larger "love handles" Unless you are already sitting at a lower body fat %.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
Well I definitely take protein shakes (twice a day actually), but that's for completely different reasons. Creatine is safe. You just have to be hydrated and alert (by that I mean taking it on a poor night's sleep will just make you nauseous).

Btw having a single protein shake a day is completely random and won't make a difference if your total daily protein intake isn't that high. I just get my shakes in after workouts and as an in-between meal during the day.

You can work out abs more frequently than other muscles in the body because they're smaller. Doesn't mean you should work them out everyday (which you can), but getting in at least three times a week is what I do. Not positive on obliques. I just train them every other day.
The # of protein shakes doesn't matter as long as your total daily protein intake is on point. Try to get as much as possible from dietary sources and then throw in some shakes. Look at your caloric intake while pounding the protein as well, if your trying to get big, you need the calories just as much as you need the protein.

As for how often to work muscle groups, look into slow twitch and fast twitch and you will get your answers.

Creatine isn't proven to be safe or dangerous, but personally I think if you stay well hydrated it's not too bad. I would avoid creatine monohydrate due to the bloating and try to look into other types of creatine.

- Dr. G
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #26
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Be VERY careful when taking supplements. The FDA does NOT regulate what goes in nor verify what is in supplements. BSN had a class action law suit for NO Xplode because of false advertisement; it only contained, sugar, salt, and caffeine. IE: 1MR is getting banned because of an independent test found pharmaceutical amphetamines in them.

Credentials: My cousin owns multiple supplement shops. He is also an RD, nutritionist, and PT.
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
Appreciate 0