M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Celebration Exotic Car Show Pics!

04-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #23
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

Wow, you're more dedicated than me. We have about 200 pics and I am not about to spend the time to upload that many, and then videos on top of that?
      04-21-2008, 07:43 PM   #24
colonel1961
Rammer Jammer
Rep
Drives:

Grateful for the pics - still think it's a 330GTS - but what do I know...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #25
colonel1961
Rammer Jammer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSlowMoseS View Post
Ok, 128 pics are uploaded, 9 vids uploading now. That took a while. Check them out at

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Car%20Show/
Thank you, kindly.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 11:00 PM   #26
DaSlowMoseS
Rep
Drives:

Your welcome for the pics. I have to go through them again & pic out my favs to add to my screensaver.

You probably know more about Ferrari's than I do, I'm only 29 and just starting to get to know them.

I do have 3 good reasons to believe it is a 275GTS though; My father-in-law said it was (he's had his GTB for about 25 years & has bought & sold many different Ferrari's), I believe I heard the announcer say it was a 275 when they were getting their 3rd place award (you may even hear it in the video, it was the car behind us), & I remember seeing the 275 emblem on the trunk lid when I was looking over it. I'm just not positive on the year, although I'm sure it is 1-3 yrs newer than the '65, I'm thinking '66 for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 12:16 AM   #27
Ragenikon
Private
Rep
Drives:

..beautiful pictures...LOVE the sea of red ferrari! Beautiful car, beautiful day...could a day get much better? haha
Black Boston Leather
Cold Weather Pkg
Sports Pkg
Premium Stereo
PCD June 3rd!

"The steering, the feel, the way you can adjust your line through the bend with the throttle. There is no other car made today in this sector of the market that gets even close. If you love driving, this is up there in a class of One."
- Jeremy Clarkson -

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #28
colonel1961
Rammer Jammer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSlowMoseS View Post
Your welcome for the pics. I have to go through them again & pic out my favs to add to my screensaver.

You probably know more about Ferrari's than I do, I'm only 29 and just starting to get to know them.

I do have 3 good reasons to believe it is a 275GTS though; My father-in-law said it was (he's had his GTB for about 25 years & has bought & sold many different Ferrari's), I believe I heard the announcer say it was a 275 when they were getting their 3rd place award (you may even hear it in the video, it was the car behind us), & I remember seeing the 275 emblem on the trunk lid when I was looking over it. I'm just not positive on the year, although I'm sure it is 1-3 yrs newer than the '65, I'm thinking '66 for some reason.
Wow - great info. I had just assembled all my data and was conluding that it was absolutely a 330GTS based on the Ferrari website, web searches and several books that I have in my collection (including a picture of that exact style car - in black - badged as a 330 (GTS). The 275GTC is very similar, if not a direct descendant of the 330GTS, but there is not record of a 275GTS that I can find, or that looks anything like the silver car shown in the photos. Perhaps the vehicle in question is a 'one-off', which would not be unusual at all for Ferrari...

Again, thanks for the great pictures and information. I will now stop beating this dead horse! And keep learning about and loving Ferraris!

:wink:

p.s. let me congratulate you for marrying someone with a father who has a 275GTB - you're obviously smarter than me...
Appreciate 0