M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Harmful metals found in Protein supplements

06-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #23
jimmyeatsworld
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

Wow there is so much BS, and misinformation here. It's like it spilled over from the m3 performance section to the OT / fitness section.

Ok ok I'll be nice. Not BS.... "Subjective" I'll say.

Anyone who takes one serving a day should be excluded from this discussion. Anyone who eats six meals a day and tries to take 1-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight should this only apply to.

Anyone who thinks just bc the label says so on the back of the protein tub you just bought for 40 bux needs to wake up.

Supplements are unregulated which means possibilities are endless.

What's my point? Well the three servings definitely only apply to the power users. And don't believe all the hype of supplements and their promises just because they say so. Ie) grams of protein per serving.

Pz.

My RPI GT Race Dyno vs. Stock: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239228
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #24
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyeatsworld View Post
Wow there is so much BS, and misinformation here. It's like it spilled over from the m3 performance section to the OT / fitness section.

Ok ok I'll be nice. Not BS.... "Subjective" I'll say.

Anyone who takes one serving a day should be excluded from this discussion. Anyone who eats six meals a day and tries to take 1-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight should this only apply to.

Anyone who thinks just bc the label says so on the back of the protein tub you just bought for 40 bux needs to wake up.

Supplements are unregulated which means possibilities are endless.

What's my point? Well the three servings definitely only apply to the power users. And don't believe all the hype of supplements and their promises just because they say so. Ie) grams of protein per serving.

Pz.
Wut

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #25
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
Seeing that consumer reports chart, what protein supplements would you guys recommend? Thank god I don't drink that muscle milk crap. Has me hesitant now when you see deals in a health store for protein powder that's half off. Maybe it has a lot of lead lol.

Any somewhat safe recommendations?
I like dymatize.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #26
ducati955
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: lifted tacoma on 38's & ducati

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
ive been using ON forever.... no reason to be unfit, switch up the protein.. kidney failure from protein? lmao.....

NEW RIDE white GTR!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #27
doc1911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sold my 335i and looking

CR is usually pretty accurate. However, I have a friend who is a strength coach and is curranly and had worked for NFL and NHL teams. The guys knows his stuff. I use AES and asked him about the study. He said there where several componants of the study that were flawed. To be honest I don't remember all the technical stuff he went in to but I did get that as long as you go witha good, reputable company you are good to go.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 07:43 AM   #28
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
There is too much hype involved in the supplement biz for people. A M&F magazine (or any male fitness mag) will show every single supp they can no matter what is said about them.

Nothing can substitute pure foods, healthy foods, at the right time and in the right amount. Those looking for the quick and easy ways (i.e. supplement shakes and garbage) will get garbage in return. I lol'd at the person who said they gained 20 lbs of "muscle mass" just by using Muscle Milk. More like 15 of muscle MAYBE and the rest fat. Unless you are a professional with endless time to workout and trainers supporting you, NO ONE gets 100% muscle gains with no fat gain at the same time, and I mean NO ONE. Even professionals bulk up then cut to get rid of the fat they built up (and guess what, they do lose SOME muscle when they cut, it's inevitable). The human body and metabolism does have it's limits...