M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion If You had The Option To Re-Spec...

05-07-2020, 11:24 PM   #111
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
It is unbelievable its not an option in the US! I love the look of SPG glass and it is incredibly effective - so no rear sun shade needed.
It's so weird, it was standard on my MB S coupes, maybe i just haven't noticed on the M850 as I dont drive it much

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 06:42 AM   #112
It's Good
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i

limey-thanks for the info.I'm a little spoiled coming out of an s-class.It had standard laminated not acoustic.What I notice is more traffic noise like when passing a truck on the interstate.Mercedes and Audi offer it on the CLS and S7.Just curious that BMW doesn't.IMO,at that price point,they should.No reason you couldn'd enjoy the sport and the extra quiet of an s-class when cruising.Not really a big deal.I love the car.Sorry to nit pick!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 12:39 PM   #113
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Good View Post
limey-thanks for the info.I'm a little spoiled coming out of an s-class.It had standard laminated not acoustic.What I notice is more traffic noise like when passing a truck on the interstate.Mercedes and Audi offer it on the CLS and S7.Just curious that BMW doesn't.IMO,at that price point,they should.No reason you couldn'd enjoy the sport and the extra quiet of an s-class when cruising.Not really a big deal.I love the car.Sorry to nit pick!
Your S class glass is also double paned.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible

Last edited by RJC-1; 05-08-2020 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2020, 03:38 PM   #114
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Good View Post
Your S class glass is also double paned.
The s class sound proof glass is really amazing.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 08:22 AM   #115
gustovier
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 840ix

I am coming from a 750ix(the short body) I truly loved that car had it for 11 years. I do wish the 8 series gran coupe were more 7 series like adjustable. I do also feel every single bump in the road vs the 7.

I also noticed that in Europe or at least Ireland you can some how get a black kidney grille on the 840 gran coupe. When I ordered mine even with M sport package you don’t get black kidney grille. Wish I could have got that If it was possible.

Also I might have got that sweet frozen bluestone metallic paint. The extra $5k and additional 2 months of build time just didn’t seem worth it. Plus my outgoing 7 was sort of a similar color (spaceship grey) and I wanted the car to really look different. So I went with the carbon black and cognac interior. I’m trying to see if I can find a satin wrap that’s similar to the frozen bluestone but no such luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 09:34 AM   #116
dhoggm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 850i C, Gated R8 5.2, E63

Still delighted/amazed by the car. Wouldn't change a thing (except that RaceChip GTS is on order and some coding is on the way).

Last edited by dhoggm3; 05-12-2020 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 0