M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Audi commercials are REALLY making me laugh...

Closed Thread

02-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #23
bdman
Rep
Drives: 08' E93 M3

Park in the lot at Lugers BK

It's free, just tip the old guy at the lot a few dollars. I go twice a month for lunch and they now accept debit cards.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #24
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

i dont get the hype about audi interiors.
maybe in the lower ones, but i mean sclass vs a8 interior. ill take the sclass anyday, and did, twice.
      02-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #25
Leozap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3

Audi's interiors looks so um... how do you say it... anyone got an idea to describe that? All I know is that it's not good. But they are nice cars, not as nice as BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #26
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselino View Post
An audi S4 lower quality then a liberty? What are you smoking? Im sorry I love BMW's and all but Audi has the best interiors bar none in the industry, quality, materials fit and finish and design.
+1
the consensus is that Audi wins for best interiors
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #27
///Mikey F80
Aspiring Hoonigan...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M3 [MW|CB]

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
+1
Says who? I find it funny how you posted this when 2 posts above you said they think they're not as good as BMWs.

If you think Audis are so awesome why don't you sell your BMW and drive an Audi instead.

Opinions are opinions. There is no "consensus" just a group of people who think one thing and another who think otherwise.

"It's a yobbo, yobbo, yobbo... But we like that in an M3 don't we?"
-Chris Harris
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #28
///Mikey F80
Aspiring Hoonigan...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M3 [MW|CB]

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
+1
+1000 on the signature though.

"It's a yobbo, yobbo, yobbo... But we like that in an M3 don't we?"
-Chris Harris
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #29
Robo Squirrel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

i HATE my audi...its a piece of junk and it drives like a buick
      02-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #30
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

I may be opening up a sh!t storm, but if I were looking for a DD in that price range; B8 S4 > 335is. Sorry, I had a B5 S4 prior to the M3
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 12:24 AM   #31
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mikey e90 View Post

Last time I checked there were more BMW enthusiasts out there than Audi fans.
I think you have your numbers skewed a tad.

Quote:
I sat in an S4 last Saturday and it really felt lower quality than my sister's jeep liberty.
This is PURE fanboi. NO Chrysler models even BEGINS to compare to anything Audi makes, let alone an S-model.

Quote:
Well, I was told that glittery LED running lights were all that matter during the holidays.

Mike
And that's worse than halos how exactly?

These types of posts are quite amusing. So what if they are comparing it to an old platform? It's what's available to test against. If BMW was concerned, and apparently they're not, they'd update their models more frequently.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 12:29 AM   #32
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Says who? I find it funny how you posted this when 2 posts above you said they think they're not as good as BMWs.

If you think Audis are so awesome why don't you sell your BMW and drive an Audi instead.

Opinions are opinions. There is no "consensus" just a group of people who think one thing and another who think otherwise.
I'd say the consensus is pretty much every comparison that's ever been written. VWAG has consistently ranked at the top in interior design, fit, and finish for quite some time now.

Way to get all defensive with the "If you think Audis are so awesome why don't you sell your BMW and drive an Audi instead." argument. You sound like a petulant child who's going to take his ball and go home.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #33
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

I just ordered a new BMW, but the Audi's do have nicer interiors. Whether or not you like the design, the materials are of higher quality and there is greater attention to detail in the Audi interiors. This has been documented by many car magazines. I remember reading one analysis that broke down the manufacturer cost of the interior materials, and Audi came out ahead. They attributed this to Audi's scale of economy being part of the VW group as the reason it can produce better interiors than BMW and Merc and stay cost competitive.

I must say, though, that the new 7 and 5 series leave little to be desired in terms of interior quality, and I'm sure the next 3 will step it up a notch.

Audi is very unwise to be belittling BMW in their new commercials. The next 3 series is going to obliterate any Audi offering in so many ways as a result.

I think the new 335is is evidence that BMW as a company has an ego and does not like to be in second place (to the S4). Most car companies would have waited until the next generation to one up the competition, but BMW came out with the stop gap 335is in hopes it will beat the S4 in the magazine comparos until the F30 platform arrives.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 03:16 AM   #34
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The only think that we need to know about Audi is that they sell less vehicles as a brand than the 3-Series alone.
I take it you are talking about sales in the US?

If so then I whole-heartedly agree with you, Audi isn't that strong sales wise to what BMW are doing, but then again BMW are only buying business through selling their products at a greatly reduced price. In fact if they didn't do this then as a company BMW sales worldwide would be far smaller than Audi which is only a branch of parent company VW. So while it's correct to say what you did there are commerical reason for this fact.

As for the differences between both brands and which is better, I don't believe either brand is better than the other and it's always down to personal opinion.

Last edited by footie; 02-18-2010 at 03:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 04:04 AM   #35
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Thread moved. Just so everybody knows, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 04:24 AM   #36
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M, 12' R8 V10,

I have a S5 and a X6 50i. I used to have a M3 but went to the S5. The reason is mainly the interior. No doubts the BMW's have quality interior but they are to a degree sterile. I disliked the double hump design. It made the nav. seem an afterthought. Now, I noticed the X6 interior looks much better.
I am very pleased with it. The Z4 offers the next gen interior as well, also much improved.

Having said that the M3 has by FAR a better engine. It's a sheer blast to drive. I still think about going back to one. The S5 offers a more refined look inside and out. I can't wait to see what BMW does with the next 6.

On the plus side, them competing is good for us. Better products, more innovation, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 08:13 AM   #37
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by contempt View Post
It's free, just tip the old guy at the lot a few dollars. I go twice a month for lunch and they now accept debit cards.
DEBIT CARDS!!! Awesome!! I usually suffer from Lugar's anxienty. That's when you have a pocket full of cash (because for all that dont know, they dont take plastic) and regardless of how much you bring, you wonder if the wine just put you over your limit!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #38
Muffnbluff
Redline Addict
Rep
Drives: '14 BMW 335 xdrive

It's a commercial, who cares? My fiance tried giving me a hard time when she saw the commercial, but it doesn't bother me. I love my car, I don't feel a need to make others love it too.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #39
Dieselino
Captain
Rep
Drives: 03 LSB M3 06 M coupe 08 M3 SG

Quote:
Audi has the best interiors? That's an opinion. Just like mine. But I'm not going to say your smoking something because I respect other peoples opinions.
Their designs being the best yes is an opinion because design is always subjective. But their fit and finish and execution being the best, is NOT an opinion its a fact. If you were in the industry I would not have to argue this with you and Im not going to continue.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #40
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

i think their PR tactic is cheesy. Very risky move cause it may backfire.

I guess their PR dep was thinking "if Huyndai could call bmw out, why wouldn't we do it too". LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #41
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

We have two threads on the same topic. Hence I close this one and encourage everyone to continue here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352776

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread