M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos First EVO X "Review"

09-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #23
twinpsi
女性 ..
South Korea
Rep
Drives: MB E90 335i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajakh View Post
Its kinda amazing that Mitsu got similar power and tq from a 2.0 liter four with ONE turbo as the 335i. The weights are not to far off either and neither is the 1/4 mile.
mitsubishi has been doing this for 8+ years .. its no suprise.

there's no difference if its two or one turbo.

bmw put bi-turboes to eliminate lag and for comfortable DD. mitsubishi's 4G63 is the best 2.0L in the world. its basically bulletproof, and can hold so much boost .. its insane. and MIVEC helps eliminate turbo lag as well, my friend's evo IX has 23psi on stock turbo, and has around 365+whp with 340-56tq.
      09-25-2007, 09:48 PM   #24
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

13.8 1/4 mile...who's driving this thing?

The car would look good in black, probably because that thing matte black part in the front would blend in and not stick out a like a sore thumb...im gonna go test drive one

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2007, 10:41 PM   #25
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

5.0 to 60 and a 13.8 quarter? Anyone looking at an Evo should start looking at getting a used IX, those times are horrible. Plus a loss of focus will kill the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #26
theslik1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpsi View Post

bmw put bi-turboes to eliminate lag and for comfortable DD. mitsubishi's 4G63 is the best 2.0L in the world. its basically bulletproof, and can hold so much boost .. its insane. and MIVEC helps eliminate turbo lag as well, my friend's evo IX has 23psi on stock turbo, and has around 365+whp with 340-56tq.
You're right about the 4G63, unfortunately Mitsu is using the new open-deck aluminum block 4B11T for the Evo X. We'll have to see how if it can hold up to higher boost.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 05:22 PM   #27
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
As an Ex Evo owner I always said the Evo IX was the last of the Hardcore track guy evos. The new evo will still be amazing and personally once the aftermarket gets a hold of it it will out perform the 335i.

I personally thought the new model looked ulgy till I came across this Ralliart Version video ... a lot of you will say "rice" based on the decals but I personally think the video show that jsut changing the rims and dropping it shows how much better it looks:

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news-593-...+the+Wild.html
________
LIST OF FORD TAURUS MODELS HISTORY
________
HERBALAIRE HEATING ELEMENT
________
Lovely Wendie99
________
LIVE SEX
________
Live sex

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #28
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpsi View Post

+1 .... its also the highest horsepower per liter production motor in the world :rocks: (at least according to Top Gear)
________
Jailbroken
________
Lovely Wendie
________
Honda Cbr Series History
________
Hestia cam

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-14-2011 at 10:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 05:36 PM   #29
twinpsi
女性 ..
South Korea
Rep
Drives: MB E90 335i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
As an Ex Evo owner I always said the Evo IX was the last of the Hardcore track guy evos. The new evo will still be amazing and personally once the aftermarket gets a hold of it it will out perform the 335i.

I personally thought the new model looked ulgy till I came across this Ralliart Version video ... a lot of you will say "rice" based on the decals but I personally think the video show that jsut changing the rims and dropping it shows how much better it looks:

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news-593-...+the+Wild.html
eh .. the new evo is a waste, the front is alright IMO, but the rear looks like shit. you right in saying the evo ix will be the last for the track guys. the new evo x looks like shit compared to the previous generations. and so i read there putting a new engine instead of godly 4G63. i dont know whats going to happen at all, so im just gonna chill and see whats next. haha.
      09-27-2007, 07:16 PM   #30
Caster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 SG 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
I doub't that the IX will be the last Evo for track guys, reviewers of the Evo X have said they were able to lap the EvoX 2 seconds faster then the IX, so I'm not giving up on the X at all.

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 07:18 PM   #31
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caster View Post
I doub't that the IX will be the last Evo for track guys, reviewers of the Evo X have said they were able to lap the EvoX 2 seconds faster then the IX, so I'm not giving up on the X at all.

Stock to Stock ...

New motor is open deck alum. .... ..... its going to be a while till the aftermarket can make the power they are making on the VIIIs and IXs with that motor.
________
Charlie sheen
________
Male Advice Dicussion
________
TakeMeNow
________
WEB SHOWS
________
PRILOSEC LAWYERS

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 10:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #32
Caster
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Stock to Stock ...

New motor is open deck alum. .... ..... its going to be a while till the aftermarket can make the power they are making on the VIIIs and IXs with that motor.
Very true, but we are comparing apples to apples aren't we? Stock vs Stock..

I'm really curious to see how the 4B11 is going to handle more boost and new parts, as well as how well the DSG is going to hold up. I still have another year and a half on my E90, so I have time until I decide between IX and X lol.Gotta love the 4G63 though, lets hope Mitsu knows what they're doing by replacing it with the 4B11, I'm sure you already know about all the hate on EvoM lol..

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 07:39 PM   #33
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caster View Post
Very true, but we are comparing apples to apples aren't we? Stock vs Stock..

I'm really curious to see how the 4B11 is going to handle more boost and new parts, as well as how well the DSG is going to hold up. I still have another year and a half on my E90, so I have time until I decide between IX and X lol.Gotta love the 4G63 though, lets hope Mitsu knows what they're doing by replacing it with the 4B11, I'm sure you already know about all the hate on EvoM lol..
Yea EvoM is hardcore hating on the new car ... I think if your an Evo fan you should have a X that will be a amazing street car and a IX as your hardcore track car

no matter what the X will still be a great deal for the money ... right now there isnt a car out that can touch or come close the IX for performance per dollar and I think that will carry over.
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER
________
Tv-Gossip.Com
________
Xxx Free Streaming
________
Sick From Depakote
________
Vaporite Solo Vaporizer

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 10:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #34
Cadillac Johnson
Free taco with stolen base
Rep
Drives: 335i? GTR? RS5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslik1 View Post
You're right about the 4G63, unfortunately Mitsu is using the new open-deck aluminum block 4B11T for the Evo X. We'll have to see how if it can hold up to higher boost.
Quote:
Stock to Stock ...

It's actually a semi-closed deck.

Plus I'm not too worried about a sleeved aluminum block failing at levels where an iron block wouldn't.

That being said, I'm still unsure about the X. I dont like that so far all the reviews say that it's lost it's character. I also hate the rear end, those tail lights look awful..
      09-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #35
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac Johnson View Post

That being said, I'm still unsure about the X. I dont like that so far all the reviews say that it's lost it's character. I also hate the rear end, those tail lights look awful..
Dont judge the looks too much till you see what comes out at Tokyo Auto Salon in Jan

I think the car will look great with some aftermarket parts on it
________
EARS NOSE & THROAT ADVICE
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa
________
VAPORIZER REVIEWS
________
Kyoko live
________
Vaporizer save money

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 10:49 PM   #36
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
+1 .... its also the highest horsepower per liter production motor in the world :rocks: (at least according to Top Gear)
Nah it's up there but it's not the highest. Evo is what, 300hp from 2 liters for 150 HP/liter. A Koenisegg CCX had 806 HP from 4.7 liters for 171.5 HP/liter. I didn't bother checking any other cars but I'd bet there are others that beat it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 10:52 PM   #37
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Nah it's up there but it's not the highest. Evo is what, 300hp from 2 liters for 150 HP/liter. A Koenisegg CCX had 806 HP from 4.7 liters for 171.5 HP/liter. I didn't bother checking any other cars but I'd bet there are others that beat it as well.
Koenisegg I dont think is really what they consider a production car ... I know there are a couple that are higher ... but the Evo is a true productions car .. its sold in 1,000s of units. I think thats more of what Top Gear ment when they said it.
________
Subaru Ff-1 Star Specifications
________
Child wellbutrin
________
LovelyWendie99
________
Club Royal Condominium Pattaya
________
Ocean View Condominium Prathumnak

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 11:36 PM   #38
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

they deffinately made the new lancer/evo X way whimpier looking, doesnt look mean anymore, and the rear tail lights are retarded with the way they're overly slanted in as if they're supposed to look aggressive or something

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 12:43 AM   #39
Caster
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I don't know how you guys can say its not aggressive or mean looking, it looks meaner then the IX, it sort of resembles the R34 as well with the bull-dog face. They said that its going to be announced at the Sydney, Australia Auto Show (I think it was Sydney, have to check EvoM again). I just can't wait till people get their hands on the X, I'm hoping its like the 335i thing, where reviewers all said 5.3 0-60s and then people were getting like 4.8's. It just seems like Mitsu is really confident about the X, but others don't see why lol...

Appreciate 0