M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Test Drive

10-17-2021, 03:39 PM   #1
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Test Drive

Test drove an 850i coupe yesterday. 2020 with only 4200 miles. My God! That thing is an actual effin rocket! I LOVED it! And I will get one. But not that one. It was decked out with almost all of the options I like: Driver’s Pro, carbon fiber trim package, Bowers and Wilkins, full leather, etc. But for some reason it did not have the carbon fiber interior trim or most shocking, the alcantara headliner. Who in the f orders a car this loaded and then goes cheap on the $650.00 headliner?

That was one of the reasons I didn’t get it. The other was the price. I would never pay $97K for a 2.5 year old used car that was probably about $112K new. Bullshit. To me, that car is worth $75K at the outside. I went online and built my own, loaded it up just as I wanted for $110K.

I’m due for a new (or new to me) car next August. If sanity hasn’t returned to the used car market by then I will just get a new one.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 07:29 PM   #2
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frupal View Post
Test drove an 850i coupe yesterday. 2020 with only 4200 miles. My God! That thing is an actual effin rocket! I LOVED it! And I will get one. But not that one. It was decked out with almost all of the options I like: Driver’s Pro, carbon fiber trim package, Bowers and Wilkins, full leather, etc. But for some reason it did not have the carbon fiber interior trim or most shocking, the alcantara headliner. Who in the f orders a car this loaded and then goes cheap on the $650.00 headliner?

That was one of the reasons I didn’t get it. The other was the price. I would never pay $97K for a 2.5 year old used car that was probably about $112K new. Bullshit. To me, that car is worth $75K at the outside. I went online and built my own, loaded it up just as I wanted for $110K.

I’m due for a new (or new to me) car next August. If sanity hasn’t returned to the used car market by then I will just get a new one.
Frupal I migrated from the 640d GC to the m850i - you're on exactly the right path brother. A wonderful vehicular transition and progression. Mine has full Alcantara, with B+W, carbon fiber roof etc - recommend all of the options.

Not sure of your thoughts on color, at time of order I only had 4 colors to choose from. Check out limeypride 's new tanzanite blue for inspiration.
Appreciate 1
Frupal791.50
      10-18-2021, 04:01 AM   #3
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
Frupal I migrated from the 640d GC to the m850i - you're on exactly the right path brother. A wonderful vehicular transition and progression. Mine has full Alcantara, with B+W, carbon fiber roof etc - recommend all of the options.

Not sure of your thoughts on color, at time of order I only had 4 colors to choose from. Check out limeypride 's new tanzanite blue for inspiration.
Still thinking on the color. As of now I’m thinking sapphire black with fiona red.
Appreciate 1
Ozzie8641.00