M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Penfed $4000 cash allowance TRUE ?

02-08-2021, 05:26 PM   #1
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Convertible

Penfed $4000 cash allowance TRUE ?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Could someone kindly please confirm if this is true ? $4000 cash allowance ? Can this be stacked up for lease or is this for finance only ?

Many thanks in advance,
Lunatic
      02-08-2021, 06:01 PM   #2
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Lunatic View Post
Could someone kindly please confirm if this is true ? $4000 cash allowance ? Can this be stacked up for lease or is this for finance only ?

Many thanks in advance,
Lunatic
any more details? I have a hard time seeing them over their own money when their rates are already super low (up to 100k)
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 10:32 PM   #3
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:

Many thanks in advance,
Lunatic
any more details? I have a hard time seeing them over their own money when their rates are already super low (up to 100k)
I called and found out . 4K is true but gotta finance through pen fed and not a lease .

Btw I scored a crazy deal on a m8 write up to follow soon .
      02-08-2021, 10:39 PM   #4
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:

Many thanks in advance,
Lunatic
I used Pen Fed for my purchase. The BMW dealership confirmed it was just cash and applied a "USAA" credit on my cash purchase for the same amount.
So it was like a discount or trade in credit. In fact on the final sheet; they basically added it to my trade in and took it off the bottom line.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 10:40 PM   #5
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Many thanks in advance,
Lunatic
Correct; they max out at $100k per car and $250k total vehicles per household.
Appreciate 2
FBMWWINS603.50
      02-08-2021, 11:12 PM   #6
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Many thanks in advance,
Lunatic
Thanks bud ! So it's for a purchase only .
      02-08-2021, 11:20 PM   #7
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Many thanks in advance,
Lunatic
Penfed has balloons too. Not lease but in a tax credit state can be good bc acts like a lease but you can keep tax credit.

I never personally used them but my friend does balloons from them all the time or did until IL tax credit laws changed
      02-09-2021, 07:50 AM   #8
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Many thanks in advance,
Lunatic
That's what it was when I used my military and PenFed discounts two years ago in 2019 with Bmw.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 11:07 AM   #9
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Many thanks in advance,
Lunatic
Penfed has balloons too. Not lease but in a tax credit state can be good bc acts like a lease but you can keep tax credit.

I never personally used them but my friend does balloons from them all the time or did until IL tax credit laws changed
Can u experts explain me tax credit ? I switch cars like crazy I am in Jersey I do atleast 2 new leases with Bmw a year and this is a state where we pay taxes upfront on the entire lease .

Every time I swap my car and return the tags to the dmv /MVC can I ask for a refund on the months I didn't use the car since tax is paid upfront on the entire lease term ?
      02-09-2021, 12:06 PM   #10
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Many thanks in advance,
Lunatic

Can u experts explain me tax credit ? I switch cars like crazy I am in Jersey I do atleast 2 new leases with Bmw a year and this is a state where we pay taxes upfront on the entire lease .

Every time I swap my car and return the tags to the dmv /MVC can I ask for a refund on the months I didn't use the car since tax is paid upfront on the entire lease term ?
it varies by state law. very specific to each location and in some cases even city by city or town. but mainly governed by state law.

For example, in Virginia there is no advantage to lease because you pay the FULL tax for any and all cars. you only get a "credit" of you trade in a vehicle at the same time when buying to offset.
for example, in Virginia; if you buy a $100k car; taxes is $5500. if you buy a $120k car with a $20k trade in, you pay the same $5500. if you buy a $125k car, you pay $7000 taxes. non refundable, not returnable. one time tax.
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #11
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
it varies by state law. very specific to each location and in some cases even city by city or town. but mainly governed by state law.

For example, in Virginia there is no advantage to lease because you pay the FULL tax for any and all cars. you only get a "credit" of you trade in a vehicle at the same time when buying to offset.
for example, in Virginia; if you buy a $100k car; taxes is $5500. if you buy a $120k car with a $20k trade in, you pay the same $5500. if you buy a $125k car, you pay $7000 taxes. non refundable, not returnable. one time tax.
In CA we get no tax credit--- all we do here is pay taxes on everything and anything.

I know my post means nothing but sometimes Im just pissed off LOLOLOL
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 4
xmanpro2942.50
limeypride4418.50
snowbimmer5001.00
      02-09-2021, 01:20 PM   #12
BKgreyinTX
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i

Garage List
Quote:

Not an expert, but in TX dealers sometimes receive tax credits that they can pass on to customers. I believe it maxes out at $75k. When I leased my car, I only paid taxes on the amount above $75k + a fee to use the credit. Saved roughly $3500+ in taxes, since TX taxes full sales price.
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2021, 03:50 PM   #13
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

In CA we get no tax credit--- all we do here is pay taxes on everything and anything.

As this one and the Texas post prove. It varies GREATLY depending upon which state. California, Texas and Virginia are all very different And every state will be different.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 03:56 PM   #14
xmanpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 M8C 24 X6MC 21 M3C

Quote:
Quote:

Samsies
      02-09-2021, 04:49 PM   #15
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

As this one and the Texas post prove. It varies GREATLY depending upon which state. California, Texas and Virginia are all very different And every state will be different.
Attorney at Law lol any inputs in Jersey sir ?
jm600rr119.00
      02-09-2021, 07:37 PM   #16
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Attorney at Law lol any inputs in Jersey sir ?
Haha, let me start with a big caveat: I'm not licensed in New Jersey, I don't know their laws, I could be wrong; I have to refer you to a NJ lawyer.

However, that said, a casual look online appears that NJ is very similar to Virginia law with regards to car sales tax. Except the rate is around 7% (6.67?).

The only way it appears to get around the sales tax is with a trade in vehicles; and/or if you are a disabled Veteran. If you're disabled, you can offset any payments from the military VA towards NJ sales tax up to the amount of disability payments.
Besides that, it looks like only trade in cars get credit.

Disclaimer: I'm not a NJ attorney and you should consult a local NJ counsel before taking any tax advice.
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2021, 07:43 PM   #17
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Many thanks in advance,
Lunatic

A quick read seems to exclude leases for less than 6 months. If you're switch cars every 6 months, you might qualify for the 6 month sales tax calculation which reduces tax to your payments. And you pay the 6 month tax in each of the 6 payments divided up by 6 or less.

Again: consult with a local tax attorney.
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2021, 07:49 PM   #18
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Didn't ask, but add tax for the "purchase extras" like extended warranties, services, doc fees, prep fees, or other dealerships "extras" because those appear to be full tax in NJ.

Again consult a local tax professionals.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 08:38 PM   #19
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

There's no tax credits given away by dealers

You buy a car for 100k pay tax on it. A year later trade it in for 80k and buy another 100k car you only pay tax on 20k.

You're not paying tax over and over in states that you get tax credit on.

Used to be almost every state you got tax credit for your trade toward the new purchase

Laws change as states overspend more and more and want more and more money LOL
      02-09-2021, 08:48 PM   #20
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Didn't ask, but add tax for the "purchase extras" like extended warranties, services, doc fees, prep fees, or other dealerships "extras" because those appear to be full tax in NJ.

I will look into it . I don't trade the lease cars I swap them on swapalease.

I will definitely consult a tax attorney on this .

Here's my scenario as stated above . Lease a car with very few bucks out of pocket ( although whatever your monthly lease payment is for 36 months we are taxed on that 6.625 upfront )

So any car you lease in jersey taxes are paid for entire lease term. So every 4-6 months into a car its sold on swapalease a new buyer gets into it . I take my tags off and surrender at the local motor vehicle center .

Question is when I return the plates do I ask for a refund of taxes paid for the remainder of 30
Months ? Since I swapped it in 6 months ?

Who do I ask for the tax credit/ refund ? End of the year when I do my taxes ? Apologies not sure even if this is possible ?
      02-09-2021, 09:06 PM   #21
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I will look into it . I don't trade the lease cars I swap them on swapalease.

I will definitely consult a tax attorney on this .

Here's my scenario as stated above . Lease a car with very few bucks out of pocket ( although whatever your monthly lease payment is for 36 months we are taxed on that 6.625 upfront )

So any car you lease in jersey taxes are paid for entire lease term. So every 4-6 months into a car its sold on swapalease a new buyer gets into it . I take my tags off and surrender at the local motor vehicle center .

Question is when I return the plates do I ask for a refund of taxes paid for the remainder of 30
Months ? Since I swapped it in 6 months ?

Who do I ask for the tax credit/ refund ? End of the year when I do my taxes ? Apologies not sure even if this is possible ?
You definitely need to speak to a local NJ tax attorneys.

However, based on what you say above; I don't think you get any credits. But I don't know, you're going to need to ask an expert.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2021, 09:45 PM   #22
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

So is this the page for BMW and then click on the M8?
https://penfed.truecar.com/oem/landi...W&utm_content=

Its $4000 off with 0.9% for 36 months, 1.99% for 60 months?

I feel like I saw a different page the first time I looked at it with different types of numbers, but now I can't find that page.

So I can get 4k off via penfed or according to this BMW dealer's site $3k of a 2021 or $1500 off a 2022?
https://www.bmwofgreenwich.com/bmw-i...yalty-program/

So what's the reason or advantage to use BMW financing over penfed?

And, according to the BMW website, is there no loyalty on the 8's?
https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offers.html
Offer available to qualified customers with excellent credit history who finance through BMW Financial Services NA, LLC. Offer limited to customers who have owned a BMW model in the last 12 months. In order to qualify for a BMW Loyalty Credit, loyal current or former BMW owners or lessees must show proof of ownership or BMW Financial Services NA, LLC account number and qualify for credit approval. Available credits: up to $1,750 off a new 2022 BMW X3, up to $2,500 off a new 2022 BMW 3 Series Sedan, up to $2,500 off a new 2022 BMW 5 Series. Must take delivery by January 3, 2022. Availability of finance and loyalty credits are subject to dealer participation. Visit your authorized BMW Center for important details.
Appreciate 0