M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Out with the old, in with the blue... stone

09-05-2021, 01:17 AM   #45
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbimmer View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Dude.....gonna need way more pics of the exterior. Very nice interior, however.
Of course, will do.

I just can't bring myself to post them with it sitting like an F250 SuperDuty. I swear, I could take it off-road as it sits today.
Hahahahaha. Good point. Front view, then.
I think these really show the difference between my prior Frozen Dark Silver paint and an Xpel Stealth wrapped Bluestone Metallic—in-person, they're very different colors… and why oh why does my entire f#cking shoe fit in the wheel gap…
Quote:
I think these really show the difference between my prior Frozen Dark Silver paint and an Xpel Stealth wrapped Bluestone Metallic—in-person, they're very different colors… and why oh why does my entire f#cking shoe fit in the wheel gap…
Looks fantastic and as we've discussed there is no way I'm ever doing a frozen paint now that the secrets out a full matte PPF delivers the goods.

Off topic: do you have a pic of your B&W audio settings. I know I got mine on the last car from you and then posted my own later for others but I can't find either and I'm not convinced I've got the new car dialed in as well as the old?
I've got one somewhere on Google photos but actually have been wanting to write down the actual EQ and trim settings just in case an upgrade or dealer shenanigans wipe them out in some way. Will try to do so this weekend along with a couple of pics and share. You may have to adjust for the GC but it will give a great foundation.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 09:32 AM   #46
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Of course, will do.

I just can't bring myself to post them with it sitting like an F250 SuperDuty. I swear, I could take it off-road as it sits today.
Quote:
Looks fantastic and as we've discussed there is no way I'm ever doing a frozen paint now that the secrets out a full matte PPF delivers the goods.

Off topic: do you have a pic of your B&W audio settings. I know I got mine on the last car from you and then posted my own later for others but I can't find either and I'm not convinced I've got the new car dialed in as well as the old?
I've got one somewhere on Google photos but actually have been wanting to write down the actual EQ and trim settings just in case an upgrade or dealer shenanigans wipe them out in some way. Will try to do so this weekend along with a couple of pics and share. You may have to adjust for the GC but it will give a great foundation.

I actually found your post and have mirrored it—sounds purrrrrrfect!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 04:33 PM   #47
__AD__
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M850ix GC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Of course, will do.

Quote:

Would you mind linking it please?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 01:48 PM   #48
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

so what was the motivation to get into a 2022. Was your 2020 lease up already?

we got some pretty amazing deals on our 2020’s. i have been wanting to get into a m5 but it’s a want not a need and didn’t want to participate in the frenzy of limited supply and ridiculous prices

Quote:
The road to "blue" -->

I recently received a solicitation email explaining that the dealership wanted my used BMWs. I was interested since we're getting my wife a new X5 (M50i in Dravit Gray with Ivory White Blue interior). I emailed them the VIN--no dice... the lease was too upside down. Oddly enough, it turns out my M8C GC wasn't and I was offered the lease buyout value. I looked around for a replacement M8 (since there's still nothing else out there other than an M8 that really meets my needs and wants) but found only one to my liking coincidentally in Sarasota (not that far from me)... but not the same dealership. I figured why not see if they're also interested--they were. However, I was then told that the car I was interested in was a customer order and, hence, already sold. Given there was nothing for me to move into and that the idea of building an M8 to my spec included a 3+-month (optimistic) build window, I said no. I then heard back a day or two later that the buyer had backed out. Within 24 hours, my 2020 M8 was gone and I had a 2022 M8C GC in Bluestone Metallic with full silverstone interior, B&W, etc., etc... i.e. it met my build requirements. 2020 on the left, 2022 on the right:

Attachment 2684618

I took the grille with me along with the LED door projectors and floating BMW center caps... beyond that, she's all new.

Mods are already underway (I'm driving a Kia for a week or two I guess):
- XPEL Stealth: entire vehicle satin/matte wrap
- ceramic coating inside and out
- window tints
- H&R spacers: 18 front, 11 rear (following Vic's lead on this one: Vic55)
- KW height adjustable springs
- Eventuri intake
- steel gray aluminum shift paddles
- Racechip Black (figured I'd give it a proper test by using it instead of a JB4)
- coding by Rich (richcodedmycar@gmail.com) includes:

Enabled No Dazzle High Beam Assistance
iDrive console display retains brightness regardless of ambient light conditions—always max brightness
Deactivated double-horn (engine running) when locking
Removed the window roll-up interruption when the door is opened
Enabled rolling the windows up with the FOB and Comfort Access (even when the engine is running)
Enabled mirrors folding even when the engine is running
Fixed passenger mirror tilt angle (default 5A, coded 30 or thereabouts)
Close trunk from the FOB
Immediate trunk close when lifting the rocker switch (vs. having to hold it in lifted position)
Disabled Legal Disclaimers
Added Car > Settings > Exterior Lighting > 5 Blinks option to the menu for tapping the turn indicator stalk
Increased max charging USB port current from default 1000mA to 2100mA
Display the whole message (vs default 3 lines only) when car is in motion
Removed speed locks and distance restrictions placed when car is in motion:
- playing media content (video in motion)
- pairing a BT device
- consulting the built-in owner’s manual
- consulting messages under Office
- user guide
- iDrive touch controller
Ambient lighting color replacements:
Bronze > Red top layer/ Blue overhead and bottom
White/ Bronze > Blue top layer/ Red overhead and bottom

I'll post updated pics once I get the car back.

A huge "thank you" to Ben r33_RGSport for supplying most of the mods.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 03:01 PM   #49
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
so what was the motivation to get into a 2022. Was your 2020 lease up already?

we got some pretty amazing deals on our 2020’s. i have been wanting to get into a m5 but it’s a want not a need and didn’t want to participate in the frenzy of limited supply and ridiculous prices

Quote:
The road to "blue" -->

I recently received a solicitation email explaining that the dealership wanted my used BMWs. I was interested since we're getting my wife a new X5 (M50i in Dravit Gray with Ivory White Blue interior). I emailed them the VIN--no dice... the lease was too upside down. Oddly enough, it turns out my M8C GC wasn't and I was offered the lease buyout value. I looked around for a replacement M8 (since there's still nothing else out there other than an M8 that really meets my needs and wants) but found only one to my liking coincidentally in Sarasota (not that far from me)... but not the same dealership. I figured why not see if they're also interested--they were. However, I was then told that the car I was interested in was a customer order and, hence, already sold. Given there was nothing for me to move into and that the idea of building an M8 to my spec included a 3+-month (optimistic) build window, I said no. I then heard back a day or two later that the buyer had backed out. Within 24 hours, my 2020 M8 was gone and I had a 2022 M8C GC in Bluestone Metallic with full silverstone interior, B&W, etc., etc... i.e. it met my build requirements. 2020 on the left, 2022 on the right:

Attachment 2684618

I took the grille with me along with the LED door projectors and floating BMW center caps... beyond that, she's all new.

Mods are already underway (I'm driving a Kia for a week or two I guess):
- XPEL Stealth: entire vehicle satin/matte wrap
- ceramic coating inside and out
- window tints
- H&R spacers: 18 front, 11 rear (following Vic's lead on this one: Vic55)
- KW height adjustable springs
- Eventuri intake
- steel gray aluminum shift paddles
- Racechip Black (figured I'd give it a proper test by using it instead of a JB4)
- coding by Rich (richcodedmycar@gmail.com) includes:

Enabled No Dazzle High Beam Assistance
iDrive console display retains brightness regardless of ambient light conditions—always max brightness
Deactivated double-horn (engine running) when locking
Removed the window roll-up interruption when the door is opened
Enabled rolling the windows up with the FOB and Comfort Access (even when the engine is running)
Enabled mirrors folding even when the engine is running
Fixed passenger mirror tilt angle (default 5A, coded 30 or thereabouts)
Close trunk from the FOB
Immediate trunk close when lifting the rocker switch (vs. having to hold it in lifted position)
Disabled Legal Disclaimers
Added Car > Settings > Exterior Lighting > 5 Blinks option to the menu for tapping the turn indicator stalk
Increased max charging USB port current from default 1000mA to 2100mA
Display the whole message (vs default 3 lines only) when car is in motion
Removed speed locks and distance restrictions placed when car is in motion:
- playing media content (video in motion)
- pairing a BT device
- consulting the built-in owner’s manual
- consulting messages under Office
- user guide
- iDrive touch controller
Ambient lighting color replacements:
Bronze > Red top layer/ Blue overhead and bottom
White/ Bronze > Blue top layer/ Red overhead and bottom

I'll post updated pics once I get the car back.

A huge "thank you" to Ben r33_RGSport for supplying most of the mods.
Mileage mostly. I wasn't looking to swap one for another but we responded to the offer for my wife's car and a way out of mine and into another turned up—I took it.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12967.50
      09-07-2021, 03:20 PM   #50
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

If I'm ever in FL in the future (likely for a conference or along with the wife to visit one of her best friends) I'd love to meet up and in the process I'm sure I can tweak the EQ and trim a bit to fit the GC a bit better and further enhance the glorious B&W sound.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00
      09-07-2021, 03:22 PM   #51
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by __AD__ View Post
Seconded. I think it’s time for an audio tune up.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 03:26 PM   #52
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

If I'm ever in FL in the future (likely for a conference or along with the wife to visit one of her best friends) I'd love to meet up and in the process I'm sure I can tweak the EQ and trim a bit to fit the GC a bit better and further enhance the glorious B&W sound.
That'd be awesome—just PM or email me and we'll figure it out!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 03:27 PM   #53
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Quote:
Seconded. I think it’s time for an audio tune up.
@bloozemanAZ do you have the thread? I haven't turned it back up but can post my copy+tweaks but this isn't my thunder so to speak.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 03:32 PM   #54
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm too lazy to look it up but sounds like Limeypride has it at his fingertips. Given his report back I didn't spend the time to document the actual EQ and trim settings as the long weekend was better spent with some quality time with the wife.

I still need to do so at some point as the picture is pretty decent but it doesn't truly show the specific EQ settings, e.g., actual incremental steps for each frequency above the flat baseline nor the clicks on the trim above their baseline either. Either way though it should give you a solid guide especially if you're in an 8-series coupe (or convertible).
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 03:37 PM   #55
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
@bloozemanAZ do you have the thread? I haven't turned it back up but can post my copy+tweaks but this isn't my thunder so to speak.
I'm sure I can dig it up via my profile and anything I've posed via a search. However, I can guarantee that I've done further refinements since the last posting and hence not wanting to lose that via a FUBAR'd iDrive upgrade or service shenanigans. That said I'll commit to the documentation, i.e., gradient steps, etc. and updated pics this week.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00
      09-07-2021, 10:38 PM   #56
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sure I can dig it up via my profile and anything I've posed via a search. However, I can guarantee that I've done further refinements since the last posting and hence not wanting to lose that via a FUBAR'd iDrive upgrade or service shenanigans. That said I'll commit to the documentation, i.e., gradient steps, etc. and updated pics this week.
You said, "shenanigans"—duuuuuuude! Nice. I've yet to work that into a sentence.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 07:56 PM   #57
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Of course, will do.

Quote:

Here are my current settings (influenced almost entirely by Blooze's setup and tweaked a little here and there):
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
__AD__249.50
MrRX34481.00
      09-12-2021, 04:29 PM   #58
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The M8 will be lowered, tuned, etc. tomorrow so my wife took her last chance to take the M8 to Publix—I think her, "holy shit he's watching me" smile speaks volumes (more fear than fun).
Attached Images

Last edited by limeypride; 09-15-2021 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12967.50
      09-15-2021, 04:57 PM   #59
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Almost all mods are complete: tints, springs, spacers, Racechip Black and shift paddles all installed. Minor defects in the wrap repaired leaving only the Eventuri intake which'll be installed after the break-in service next week.
Attached Images

Appreciate 11
BMWGirlFL6275.50
Wolfman64811.50
snowbimmer5192.50
xmanpro3098.50
'Cane8510.00
r33_RGSport12967.50
Vic5519359.00
Ozzie8641.00
POBA272.00
LSM1118.00
      09-15-2021, 06:10 PM   #60
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
That is just bitchin, man.

Well done.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00
      09-15-2021, 06:22 PM   #61
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is just bitchin, man.

Well done.
Thx!

Can't wait for the Eventuri—I really miss the whoosh.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12967.50
      09-15-2021, 06:48 PM   #62
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
That drop was really needed

Matte works so well for the contours of the M8 and matte wrap is the way to go. Looks awesome!
Appreciate 2
limeypride4425.00
r33_RGSport12967.50
      09-15-2021, 08:49 PM   #63
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Seeing your floor board is torcher to my eyes lol. Having the Ivory with Navy Blue getting the 8 series rubber matters was a must!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 09:53 PM   #64
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
Seeing your floor board is torcher to my eyes lol. Having the Ivory with Navy Blue getting the 8 series rubber matters was a must!
Ohhhhhh, I see. The carpeted floor mats—yeah, they're great when they're clean… and then not so much.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 11:06 PM   #65
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Almost all mods are complete: tints, springs, spacers, Racechip Black and shift paddles all installed. Minor defects in the wrap repaired leaving only the Eventuri intake which'll be installed after the break-in service next week.
Congrats in your F93 M8 2.0.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00
      09-15-2021, 11:37 PM   #66
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:
Congrats in your F93 M8 2.0.
V2 indeed. And both M8s thanks to you in greater or lesser part…

Seriously, folks—I've been through 15+ Ms or M-like (AMG, RS, etc.) cars over the past decade or so and folks with the integrity, know-how and true pre- and post-sale customer service like Ben r33_RGSport are few and far between. Trust him; I do as do many others here.
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12967.50
xmanpro3098.50