M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion 2022 m850 Convertible on order…

08-05-2021, 10:12 PM   #1
Thrangster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘22 m850 Convertible

2022 m850 Convertible on order…

Took quite a while to get a build slot, but it’s due to start production first week of September… my dealer feels it will be earlier.

Car is relatively loaded except no exterior carbon fiber

Apparently there is a chip issue related to wireless charging, so got a 250 credit for that missing feature.

Dravit Grey on Fiona Red full leather, 19” wheels ( I prefer comfort over looks in that regard)

I later found the color combo on the Abu Dhabi BMW dealer site which seems to post tons of photos of so many cars…

Likely to get standard tires and replace the runflats. Not sure about any other mods at the moment. Open to any suggestions. But I’m not looking for any more performance than the car already has, so more visual.

Will post more as it progress, and photos when I finally take delivery.
Appreciate 4
Ozzie8641.00
'Cane8514.50
Wing Co239.00
      08-05-2021, 11:13 PM   #2
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrangster View Post
Took quite a while to get a build slot, but it's due to start production first week of September… my dealer feels it will be earlier.

Apparently there is a chip issue related to wireless charging, so got a 250 credit for that missing feature.

Dravit Grey on Fiona Red full leather, 19" wheels ( I prefer comfort over looks in that regard)

I later found the color combo on the Abu Dhabi BMW dealer site which seems to post tons of photos of so many cars…

[IMG]https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...ou-think_6.jpg[/IMG]

Likely to get standard tires and replace the runflats. Not sure about any other mods at the moment. Open to any suggestions. But I'm not looking for any more performance than the car already has, so more visual.

nice, congratulations! I have the 2019 m850i convertible. I almost went up to a 2022, but decided to stick with the 2019 and modify the heck out of it.
I'd hate to add it all up, but I think I'm around $58k in total mods w/labor.
Mostly carbon fiber, but also ppf and such. probably $20k in just parts.
I have another post with pictures and a list of mods, but here's some pictures.

I like your colors, and I know bloozemanAZ will too.
Attached Images

Last edited by Resjudicata; 08-05-2021 at 11:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2021, 11:22 PM   #3
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Pics
Attached Images

Last edited by Resjudicata; 08-06-2021 at 05:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
Ozzie8641.00
      08-06-2021, 08:08 AM   #4
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

If I was doing it again, I'd probably just do the interior mods. Pedals, foot rest, gas and brake. The paddle shifters and wheel trim and top piece.
For exterior, maybe just the side skirts or front lip. Rear spoiler if you want; the diffuser is an overkill but I like it. The side vents are last extra I'd add.

If I was on a budget, maybe just the paddle shifters. Although the pedals for me would be a close 2nd. Wheel trim third, top piece fourth. Side canards fifth, side skirts six, front lip seven, rear spoiler 8, diffuser 9; vents as a 10th.

For me the painted reflector and floating hub caps were a no brainer for $100 and $80. Definitely first two "mods". Paddle shifters were $900; but you can find others for less.
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2021, 09:10 AM   #5
gkgeiger
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i, '23 Z4 M40i order

2022 M850I vert. in Dravit with Cognac interior for me. I like the car a lot but really miss my 911 Cab. Enjoy yours, hope it arrives soon.
      08-06-2021, 03:30 PM   #6
Thrangster
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
2022 M850I vert. in Dravit with Cognac interior for me. I like the car a lot but really miss my 911 Cab. Enjoy yours, hope it arrives soon.
Do you have any photos posted?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 05:56 PM   #7
gkgeiger
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Do you have any photos posted?
Post 556 on the random photo thread. Not a pro shot.
      08-07-2021, 11:59 AM   #8
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Congrats and enjoy!

I am absolutely loving mine (2022 model - guess I was lucky and did get the wireless charging; I picked mine up in May).
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      08-07-2021, 01:14 PM   #9
Thrangster
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
Congrats and enjoy!

I am absolutely loving mine (2022 model - guess I was lucky and did get the wireless charging; I picked mine up in May).
Looks fantastic… is that Barcelona Blue over Cognac? Throught the long and hard about that color as well…
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #10
gkgeiger
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Took quite a while to get a build slot, but it’s due to start production first week of September… my dealer feels it will be earlier.

Dravit Grey on Fiona Red full leather, 19” wheels ( I prefer comfort over looks in that regard)

Likely to get standard tires and replace the runflats. Not sure about any other mods at the moment. Open to any suggestions. But I’m not looking for any more performance than the car already has, so more visual.

What is the option code for your 19” wheels? I don’t see any listed on the bmwusa site for a M850. Do you have a picture of the wheels on a car? Thanks
      08-07-2021, 02:02 PM   #11
Thrangster
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
What is the option code for your 19” wheels? I don’t see any listed on the bmwusa site for a M850. Do you have a picture of the wheels on a car? Thanks
Don’t know what the code is, but the option has always been there for me the US site, and confirmed in the production information in mygarage

“19" M Wheels 727M w/ AS RFT”
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 06:36 PM   #12
SushiFan
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 840i, BMW X3

Looks great. I am considering upgrading from the 2020 840i to a 2022 one (M8 or M850)
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 09:32 PM   #13
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:

You're going to love the color combo as it was on my first 2020 M850i build that got scrapped from me taking possession due to BMW's FUBAR on the Driving Assistance base package.

Here's some shots of that build after it landed at my dealer. Not the greatest lighting as they rightly so put that beauty on their showroom floor.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-08-2021, 10:53 PM   #14
RNemesisN63
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit M850

Garage List
2019 540i  [0.00]
2013 535i  [0.00]
Quote:

Congrats! Surprised to hear it took a while for a build slot. Also have production in Sept on a MY22 M850 hopefully with delivery in Nov/Dec depending on what COVID does with delivery times.

For mods, I'm trying to keep it simple probably some RW Carbon front lip and rear spoiler and swap out the orange reflectors for IND paint match ones. Also going to do the obligatory ceramic coating and window tint (SoCal). On the fence about switching to "21s.

Dravit/Tartufo build btw. Love the red but new my eyes couldn't take it as a daily
      08-09-2021, 10:34 AM   #15
Thrangster
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedBimmer View Post
Congrats! Surprised to hear it took a while for a build slot. Also have production in Sept on a MY22 M850 hopefully with delivery in Nov/Dec depending on what COVID does with delivery times.

For mods, I'm trying to keep it simple probably some RW Carbon front lip and rear spoiler and swap out the orange reflectors for IND paint match ones. Also going to do the obligatory ceramic coating and window tint (SoCal). On the fence about switching to "21s.

Dravit/Tartufo build btw. Love the red but new my eyes couldn't take it as a daily
Not sure why you might be surprised about build slot availability, it seems production is still quite restricted (checked with three or four north NJ area dealers), and inventory at most dealers remains low for almost all models. I did my deal with one of the larger dealers in the northeast, if not the country, and they were waiting on BMW for a release of build slots (a three week delay), with a backlog of sold cars before me awaiting slots. Maybe it's getting better now, but that was my experience.

I called BMW Genius today, and though she had a terrible phone connection, surmised from her that I am scheduled to enter production Sept 5-11 (expectedly, the my garage site and automated system still do not reflect any specifics). Hoping it moves sooner than that.

In terms of the Fiona Red, it was on the tester I drove one afternoon, and its one of the worst rendered colors on the BMW site (even Dravit Gray come across darker on the build site)

In person, in real outdoor light, Fiona Red (with the black accents), looks incredible.

I'm currently in a Tartufo X7, and have been sitting in cognac and saddle brown before that. If I had any more brown on my ass this time around, I would have been sent to a gastroenterologist for a checkup... (not that I don't think that Davit/Tartufo is an outstanding combo!)

Last edited by Thrangster; 08-09-2021 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 01:09 PM   #16
RNemesisN63
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit M850

Garage List
2019 540i  [0.00]
2013 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Not sure why you might be surprised about build slot availability, it seems production is still quite restricted (checked with three or four north NJ area dealers), and inventory at most dealers remains low for almost all models. I did my deal with one of the larger dealers in the northeast, if not the country, and they were waiting on BMW for a release of build slots (a three week delay), with a backlog of sold cars before me awaiting slots. Maybe it's getting better now, but that was my experience.

I called BMW Genius today, and though she had a terrible phone connection, surmised from her that I am scheduled to enter production Sept 5-11 (expectedly, the my garage site and automated system still do not reflect any specifics). Hoping it moves sooner than that.

In terms of the Fiona Red, it was on the tester I drove one afternoon, and its one of the worst rendered colors on the BMW site (even Dravit Gray come across darker on the build site)

In person, in real outdoor light, Fiona Red (with the black accents), looks incredible.

I'm currently in a Tartufo X7, and have been sitting in cognac and saddle brown before that. If I had any more brown on my ass this time around, I would have been sent to a gastroenterologist for a checkup... (not that I don't think that Davit/Tartufo is an outstanding combo!)

Touché, I do sometimes forget other parts of the world/dealerships may have a more difficult time procuring build slots even given restricted production. Nice idea reaching out to BMWNA, might follow suit on that. Not in a terrible rush but it is nice following production. Last build was even able to find what carrier it was on and transport to dealership.

Test drove with Fionda Red as well, super clean and not surprised a lot of the 8ers on the ground either have black or fiona interior. Always wanted Tartufo even despite having Cognac now and Beige previously on my E60.

If not already a member of BMWCCA might be worth getting for that $1500 rebate to pay for some mods.
      08-09-2021, 01:42 PM   #17
Wing Co
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i & 911 GTS

20" wheels are fine on UK roads which are crap, very good ride and looked superb when I had my 8 Series. Mine was Dravit Grey - lovely colour and Fiona Red interior, which is also very nice and always liked by all who went in it.
Appreciate 2
      08-09-2021, 01:43 PM   #18
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That's a good place to start! I got $36,980 mods plus $13k in factory options on mine. If you have questions, let me know.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 01:44 PM   #19
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Touché, I do sometimes forget other parts of the world/dealerships may have a more difficult time procuring build slots even given restricted production. Nice idea reaching out to BMWNA, might follow suit on that. Not in a terrible rush but it is nice following production. Last build was even able to find what carrier it was on and transport to dealership.

Test drove with Fionda Red as well, super clean and not surprised a lot of the 8ers on the ground either have black or fiona interior. Always wanted Tartufo even despite having Cognac now and Beige previously on my E60.

If not already a member of BMWCCA might be worth getting for that $1500 rebate to pay for some mods.
The rebate only applies if you're a member a year before you buy. You can't buy and then get the rebate later date. Doesn't work anymore.

Ask me how I know? I missed out on my $2500 rebate by 3 days late.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 02:20 PM   #20
Thrangster
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
The rebate only applies if you're a member a year before you buy. You can't buy and then get the rebate later date. Doesn't work anymore.

Yes I'm an active member - which car was a $2500 rebate? The M8?

Last edited by Thrangster; 08-09-2021 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2021, 04:44 PM   #21
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Looks fantastic… is that Barcelona Blue over Cognac? Throught the long and hard about that color as well…
Sorry for the late reply - Yes it is.

The Barcelona Blue changes color depending on the lighting and I really like that about it - I tried to show this with the two specific pictures I uploaded. And the Cognac interior is stunning.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 08:49 PM   #22
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post

Yes I'm an active member - which car was a $2500 rebate? The M8?
I believe so, but I don't know because I missed it. I'm still angry and bitter about it.
Appreciate 0