M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Manhart M8C?

04-27-2020, 04:18 PM   #1
TRY AGN
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8, 2020 X7 M50i

Manhart M8C?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Well this looks interesting...

https://maxtuncars.com/top-cars/the-...nhart-mh8-800/
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
Headline wrong. limeypride beat this by one hundedth of a second in 2.59.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 08:45 PM   #3
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
Headline wrong. limeypride beat this by one hundedth of a second in 2.59.
Why thanks!

Sadly, 100kph is 62mph so they have me beat. However, my tune cost $900 and comprises a piggyback and... well, nothing else over stock.

That said, the fastest M8 I see on Dragy's leaderboard (which is a realistic, and now trusted & "shared" measure of performance metrics just like a dragstrip) nailed it in 2.55s but, even then, there's some math(s <-- if you're a Brit or Aussie) to do I guess to compare. Lots of variables in 0-60s, too.

These guys are quoting factory performance numbers against their own dyno numbers--to me, that's a near-guaranteed sign of marketing hype. Dyno it before and after on the same dyno under the same conditions to ensure a level playing field... doing so, though, results in less favorable figures. "Noelle" anyone?

Take a look at Evolve or Burger--and many others--who cite only before and after figures from the same dyno and, typically, same day.

... looks pretty damned good, though!

Last edited by limeypride; 04-27-2020 at 08:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 12:49 PM   #4
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Yeah, first front bumper treatment for the M8 I have seen. That's just a lip and a CF plate on the center intake? I like it!
Beats that rubber thing we have.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 01:33 PM   #5
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Actually the carbon parts have been out for several months and made by a Russian company. You can find them on IG. Carbon Fiber Art. Got some cool stuff and interesting spoiler

They do the new forged carbon which is pretty cool but felt it would look weird with the carbon roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Yeah, first front bumper treatment for the M8 I have seen. That's just a lip and a CF plate on the center intake? I like it!
Beats that rubber thing we have.
Appreciate 1
Wolfman64811.50
      04-28-2020, 02:08 PM   #6
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
Actually the carbon parts have been out for several months and made by a Russian company. You can find them on IG. Carbon Fiber Art. Got some cool stuff and interesting spoiler

They do the new forged carbon which is pretty cool but felt it would look weird with the carbon roof
You're right. Looks like the same product. Have pics yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 02:33 PM   #7
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Didn’t pull the trigger and order any parts. Was thinking only the rear spoiler but need more angles. Not 100 on it yet

I don’t have the oem carbon package and kind of ok without it. Just want a different spoiler. The non carbon is a joke. Not sure why it’s there

Quote:
You're right. Looks like the same product. Have pics yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 03:40 PM   #8
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Didn’t pull the trigger and order any parts. Was thinking only the rear spoiler but need more angles. Not 100 on it yet

I don’t have the oem carbon package and kind of ok without it. Just want a different spoiler. The non carbon is a joke. Not sure why it’s there
Agreed. M8 and 8 series spoilers are so wimpy. The CF M8 spoiler is the only one halfway worthwhile. The Russian one appears to be the same.

This one looks much better:
https://ind-distribution.com/collect...-trunk-spoiler

It doesn't list M8 compatibility but I think the trunks are the same between the G15 & F92. Would need to be confirmed...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 04:21 PM   #9
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Quote:
Didn't pull the trigger and order any parts. Was thinking only the rear spoiler but need more angles. Not 100 on it yet

I don't have the oem carbon package and kind of ok without it. Just want a different spoiler. The non carbon is a joke. Not sure why it's there
Agreed. M8 and 8 series spoilers are so wimpy. The CF M8 spoiler is the only one halfway worthwhile. The Russian one appears to be the same.

This one looks much better:
https://ind-distribution.com/collect...-trunk-spoiler

It doesn't list M8 compatibility but I think the trunks are the same between the G15 & F92. Would need to be confirmed...
I have to say I agree, the non-CF spoiler is a bit meh. The CF one, though, I think is great—subtle, but enough... enhanced by the kink in the middle.
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2020, 05:52 PM   #10
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
I have to say I agree, the non-CF spoiler is a bit meh. The CF one, though, I think is great—subtle, but enough... enhanced by the kink in the middle.
It's all about looks anyway

It's not like we really need the spoiler for downforce (or lack thereof due to its puny size).

But you're right, if ours would have the CF spoiler size/shape I would never bother looking at anything else.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4418.50