M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Chassie Malfunction Warning on Brakeboost Launch...?

02-09-2024, 05:34 PM   #1
meadowsdb
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 M8 Comp Grand Coupe

Chassie Malfunction Warning on Brakeboost Launch...?

What's up, all!

So, on my 2020 M8 Comp I am running a set of CAI and a Stage 1 tune. The car runs fantastically. Today I attempted a brake-boost launch (NOT LC) in full M2 aggressive mode from a stop light. As soon as I tried to Brakeboost a bit at the light, I got a Chassie malfunction warning message on the infotainment screen, and the car cut power....but when I chilled out and drove normally, everything went back to normal. The message vanished and the cars drive normally now.

Has anyone else experienced this? I was told that Brake Boosting from a dig can sometimes cause an issue with the Chassie Stability system (possibly when the car tries to power through the brakes).

Thank's in advance!!!
'15 Audi S4 (500 HP)
'15 Charger Hellcat (1050 HP)
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 05:54 PM   #2
Justao
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 F91

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowsdb View Post
What's up, all!

So, on my 2020 M8 Comp I am running a set of CAI and a Stage 1 tune. The car runs fantastically. Today I attempted a brake-boost launch (NOT LC) in full M2 aggressive mode from a stop light. As soon as I tried to Brakeboost a bit at the light, I got a Chassie malfunction warning message on the infotainment screen, and the car cut power....but when I chilled out and drove normally, everything went back to normal. The message vanished and the cars drive normally now.

Has anyone else experienced this? I was told that Brake Boosting from a dig can sometimes cause an issue with the Chassie Stability system (possibly when the car tries to power through the brakes).

Thank's in advance!!!
Happened to me twice… other times I launched successfully… did you try to launch your car again after this warning?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 12:04 PM   #3
meadowsdb
Private
Rep

Yes, I tried it the next day with actual LC....it did the same thing....as soon as I depressed the brake and gas, I got an initial "Launch Control Active" indicator and then IMMEDIATELY a "chassis malfunction" warning. I let off the brake and the car SORTA launched....then after about 2 sec the computer figured everything was fine and applied full power and off we went like nothing happened.

I immediately stopped and attempted a WOT hit from a dig, with NO LC or Brake Boosting, and the car took off just fine....no warning lights.
'15 Audi S4 (500 HP)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 12:31 PM   #4
meadowsdb
Private
Rep

UPDATE---

The issue only seems to manifest when I am running E-30 fuel.....when I am running 91 Octane + Boostane all is well. Launches and Brakeboosting works fine....

Has anhone else had this issue?
'15 Audi S4 (500 HP)
Appreciate 0