M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion M850i Maintenance tracker excel

03-08-2024, 09:34 AM   #1
ChiefM
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2016 CLA 4MATIC Sport

Garage List
2024 M850i  [0.00]
M850i Maintenance tracker excel

Attached is the M850i maintenance PDF I will be using to track and document all routine maintenance I will be doing to my M850i. It is based on BMW 8 series maintenance intervals recommend and used by USA dealers with lots of extra preventative maintenance.
The extras are based on 20 years of maintenance and mechanic experience. Interestingly, for the M850i, the transmission service at 50k is not recommended by BMW, nor is the transfer or front and rear diff service, all of these are “lifetime” fill. The manufacture of the transmission ZF recommends fluid exchange and filter replacement at 50K. There is no such thing as a lifetime fluid.
I hope this helps one of your guys or gals out.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2024 M850i maintenance tracker.pdf (70.7 KB, 118 views)
Appreciate 2
BMWFC28.50
      03-08-2024, 03:00 PM   #2
__AD__
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M850ix GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefM View Post
Attached is the M850i maintenance PDF I will be using to track and document all routine maintenance I will be doing to my M850i. It is based on BMW 8 series maintenance intervals recommend and used by USA dealers with lots of extra preventative maintenance.
The extras are based on 20 years of maintenance and mechanic experience. Interestingly, for the M850i, the transmission service at 50k is not recommended by BMW, nor is the transfer or front and rear diff service, all of these are “lifetime” fill. The manufacture of the transmission ZF recommends fluid exchange and filter replacement at 50K. There is no such thing as a lifetime fluid.
I hope this helps one of your guys or gals out.
Lifetime usually means the lifetime of the warranty 😏
Appreciate 0