M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion First Dragy run with Stock M850i 0-60 mph

08-08-2019, 09:56 PM   #45
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: 15 X5, 14 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcs1956 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
This one no longer does anything - owner drove it through a flooded street last night. Saw at the dealership this morning covered in mud.
There should be an IQ test required for potential BMW owners.
If there was.....nobody would buy an 8 series though.
Appreciate 1
scrammer420.50
      08-08-2019, 09:59 PM   #46
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerzone View Post
New Corvette C8 does 0-60 in 3 seconds for $60K - how bout dat?
2 posts and this is what you post? Can you spell troll?
A troll or bringing up a valid point? Sure a Vette doesn't possess much luxury but it will be damn fast and balanced starting at $60,000 roughly. Mid engine too! I am interested in it but will stay with BMW. I think you were trying to say, "why is this reputation 2 fool trying to speak up?".
      08-08-2019, 10:08 PM   #47
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerzone View Post
New Corvette C8 does 0-60 in 3 seconds for $60K - how bout dat?
2 posts and this is what you post?

Can you spell troll?
Nailed it ‼️
      08-09-2019, 07:15 AM   #48
SoCalCarGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440ix cpe + 2018 x4 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCarGuy View Post
anybody else notice the dragy results are 'invalid'...

lets see some new numbers to back it up!
I'm sure that doesn't affect the time. Maybe it's the placement of the dragy and location of the run? Dragy was low on my seat leveled with a notebook (hence the low satellite). The slope is perfect but there's trees surrounding one side of me and nothing on the other side. I took the car out 2 days ago in the same spot which were also invalid passes but the times ranged from 3.51 best - 3.69 worst (which also seem like normal numbers) So I'm 99% sure that time wasn't a fluke. I tried to get more passes in yesterday but my dragy was dead and I didn't even know until after I left
They aren't good results.

I have a dragy and when it's low sat, your results are off. I had a similar run where my best results were invalid due to low sat.

I put the little sticky magnet on the far right of the dash. And only put the dragy our when using. Otherwise, you can't see the magnet due to placing on the slope of the dash.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 08:28 AM   #49
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
People with dragy, where do you guys place yours and how do you get it to stick if you put it somewhere near the dash? Pictures would also be appreciated if can
Dragy has magnetic plate that will stick behind iDrive screen. It's hidden there and matches color
      08-09-2019, 09:44 AM   #50
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge000 View Post
Quote:
This one no longer does anything - owner drove it through a flooded street last night. Saw at the dealership this morning covered in mud.
Is that BMW of the Mainline? I’ve seen one on the road out here in the burbs a few times over the last week. Wonder if I won’t be seeing it now....ouch.
Yep - they said they had 5 or 6 cars come in flooded same day.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 10:07 AM   #51
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i, '18 X6M, '16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Quote:
People with dragy, where do you guys place yours and how do you get it to stick if you put it somewhere near the dash? Pictures would also be appreciated if can
Dragy has magnetic plate that will stick behind iDrive screen. It's hidden there and matches color
Will try it today on my way to downtown thank you boss
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 10:09 AM   #52
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge000 View Post
Quote:
Is that BMW of the Mainline? I've seen one on the road out here in the burbs a few times over the last week. Wonder if I won't be seeing it now....ouch.
Yep - they said they had 5 or 6 cars come in flooded same day.
My goodness.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #53
JRobUSC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Gray 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
is that not bad for the screen? I remember magnets doing some pretty crazy things to computer monitors.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #54
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
Quote:
is that not bad for the screen? I remember magnets doing some pretty crazy things to computer monitors.
Not the magnet strip
      08-09-2019, 02:08 PM   #55
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure that doesn't affect the time. Maybe it's the placement of the dragy and location of the run? Dragy was low on my seat leveled with a notebook (hence the low satellite). The slope is perfect but there's trees surrounding one side of me and nothing on the other side. I took the car out 2 days ago in the same spot which were also invalid passes but the times ranged from 3.51 best - 3.69 worst (which also seem like normal numbers) So I'm 99% sure that time wasn't a fluke. I tried to get more passes in yesterday but my dragy was dead and I didn't even know until after I left

I have a dragy and when it's low sat, your results are off. I had a similar run where my best results were invalid due to low sat.

I put the little sticky magnet on the far right of the dash. And only put the dragy our when using. Otherwise, you can't see the magnet due to placing on the slope of the dash.
#ForTheBoys that DA tho..... literally 10 mins after the car was turned on and warmed up first valid run, new dragy spot. Thanks for all the help. 60-130 & 100-200 times coming later tonight hopefully
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
clee1982796.00
soooma1373.00
      08-09-2019, 09:50 PM   #56
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

60-130 log! I knew 10.9 seemed kind of off for a car that only has 70 less HP than a f90 M5 that does it in around 8.3-8.5. Nonetheless full AWD slowed down the times but I'm sure I can crack 9.8x pretty soon. 100-200 was 8.62 and the fastest 100-200 so far for a m850i was 8.48 by autotopNL which would probably equate to a 9.9x 60-130 time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      08-09-2019, 09:56 PM   #57
mhbrownie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750LI, BMW 2016 750i

As far as DMR tune...

I was looking at DME for the tune on a 2016 750... any thought on how much the tune helps on "regular" 92 octane gas? I don't have easy access to 100 octane.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 10:39 PM   #58
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbrownie View Post
I was looking at DME for the tune on a 2016 750... any thought on how much the tune helps on "regular" 92 octane gas? I don't have easy access to 100 octane.
Shoot! I wouldn't do any tune but that's just me. My 2016 750i blew up last year only about 20k miles in completely stock and driven like a normal human being!!!
Appreciate 1
soooma1373.00
      08-10-2019, 04:53 AM   #59
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nice OP!!!
I assume it's stock?
Thank you! And yes fully stock, going out on the freeway today to do some rolling runs... car seemed underwhelming on DragTimes YouTube hit 60-130 in 10.9 which is like Stock M4 territory... not sure how the f90 is so much faster with a 70 hp increase from 10.9—>8.2, must be that RWD :
Mine 60-130 stock 8.9 can't find the log
With RC 8.54 log below
With tune 6.9 can't find the log

Some guys are running 6.16 see 2nd log below
Wow! What a difference from a tune vs race chip... what is a race chip Exaclty? I tend to leave all cars stock to save the stress of dealing with warranty
The RC changes your boost only adds about 70HP ( could've been faster, didn't warm up the tires )

The tune adds 150hp I also had 100 octane
Did change both down pipes and intake

Car was making 850HP spinning all 4 wheels when I punched it at 60mph on stock tires.
My goodness. Stock it already pulls like a freight train
I can tell you something"it's wicked fast"
So M5 is faster than M8?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 04:54 AM   #60
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbrownie View Post
Shoot! I wouldn't do any tune but that's just me. My 2016 750i blew up last year only about 20k miles in completely stock and driven like a normal human being!!!
What?
Never heard that one before
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 04:55 AM   #61
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

#ForTheBoys that DA tho..... literally 10 mins after the car was turned on and warmed up first valid run, new dragy spot. Thanks for all the help. 60-130 & 100-200 times coming later tonight hopefully
Guys
M5 F90 has better times!!
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      08-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #62
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovegreatcars View Post
I was interested in this model (M8 convertible) until I found out they will discontinue series in '24. What kind of updates/improvements etc. can you expect if they'll quit making the car in 4 years? BMW is just going to go thru the motions until it's killed off.
I saw the "vert" in the wild yesterday, top down of coarse, ridiculously long automobile. I was somewhat interested in purchasing this vehicle, till that fatal moment
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 01:32 PM   #63
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Guys
Appreciate 1
soooma1373.00
      08-11-2019, 05:02 AM   #64
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Guys
LOL
I just thought because did the price tag and the hype of "Fastest M ever" that it will mop the floors with F90
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 01:12 PM   #65
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Guys
LOL
I just thought because did the price tag and the hype of "Fastest M ever" that it will mop the floors with F90
This is the M850i not M8
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 01:13 PM   #66
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBMWe92 View Post
Hello, i own a 2007 BMW 325D E92 with 406k kilometres (or 252k miles for my imperial friends). I bought it on march of 2018 with 382km (237miles) and currently i am having it for one and half years. Car still return 6.5-8l/100km in city and in highway even low as 4.5-4.1l/100km and in worst senario about 5l/100km(37mpg UK/31mpg US in city and 62mpg UK/52mpg US) with A/C on most times. On highway i always use cruise control at 100kph (62mph). Some weeks ago i take my friends to the Airport which was about 50kms (31miles) from where i live, we were 4 adults in car with the boot full of bags and with the a/c on and i manage to get 4.4l/100km (64mpg UK/53mpg US). My tires are nexen su4 (  front:225/40/18/ rear:255/35/18 ) i searched it and was the tires with the less rolling resistance of B. My EGR is deleted and i am not sure about my swirl flaps and also about my DPF ,even if my DPF its still on car it must be finished after all that millage because i smell the diesel from my exhaust every time i park my car but i dont see and white or blue smokes, sometimes is see black smoke but very rarely and this happens when i am driving too much without Highway or without flooring it. I change oil very regularly (i used to change every 3k kms or 1.8miles but now i am changing it every 5k kms(3k miles). I was using BMW's recommended oil like castrol edge 5w-30 full synthetic but it was consuming oil i changed to 5w-40 castrol edge turbo diesel and now is consuming about 1.5-1.7litres on 5k-6k kms. Also i know the previous owner and he used to drive the car too much every month on highway ,he was changing oil once or twice a month with the recommended oil. He told me that the car was remaped and the car was very fast at my first days of ownership with too much torque but after some days i felt that the car it was slower , i recorded the acceleration of my car and compare it with other factory stock 325D's and they were exactly the same on accelerating and gear changes and everything. On my driving i am very careful on the first 15-20 of driving my car i drive so slowly that the turbo cant even spoil i keep the rpm's as low as possible and in general i avoid fast launching and hard braking and fast cornerings. Every 3-4 weeks i check my tires pressures and i always put as much pressure as the factory recommends. Every time i start the car i wait about 20-40sec before leaving and when i park my car always leaving it about 1-2 minutes to cool down and i put sunshades to avoid sun getting to my dashboard. In the time that i am owning the car i changed my gearbox oil and filter from the BMW, i also changed brake fluid steering wheel fluid and my coolant fluid. I also changed suspensions front and rear all bushings underneath the car break disks and pads (i also avoid using cheap parts for saving money, i prefer paying more to last more). The interior of my car its like new, i dont smoke and neither i let anyone to smoke in my car and every year i deeply detail my car interior and the seats lether still in perfect condition and before i use any product i read carefully the instructions and also i do small researches on internet and i have always a microfiber towel on my armrest and if i spill anything accedently i clean it immediately. On the exterior the car is repainted with very processional job and its almost impossible to understand if the car was painted and i wash it almost every week.
Now as a high millage car has some problems, one problem it was that the oil cooler brake and it mixed water with oil put i park car and i didnt drive it until it was fixed. One other problem is my automatic gearbox when i push it to the limits it goes to limb mode, more noticeable is when its going from 4th gear to 5th when i am flooring it ,on regular driving my gearbox is working fine without any issues. My friends advice me to fix it or changed but since i drive moderately i am pretty okay with that. One other issue is that in winter when i start my car in cold too much smokes come from my exhaust and its shaking for about 30sec but when it starts to warm up it works perfectly. I take it to a car mechanic that specialises on BMW and he said that is my injector and they need to get cleaned and rebuild. He checked injector lines and they are in good shape and also he changed intake gaskets but still makes the same problem
A big sorry for my big story and if anyone know how to solve my smoking in winter problem and can help is very welcome. Also any advice for keeping my car and my m57 engine in good condition please comment
I'm not really a certified expert in that work so I couldn't give you an answer. Have you taken it to multiple shops, maybe one could find the issue the other couldn't.
Appreciate 0