M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Driving a car ruined here daily.Don't ever move to Canada !

06-13-2022, 11:21 PM   #1
M8Bimmer
Not a good Canadian sheep!
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition

Driving a car ruined here daily.Don't ever move to Canada !

Another blow to decent motoring in my city. Have any of you guys noticed how the world is becoming so much less friendly to drive a car anywhere? The goody two shoes assholes we have here in Canada are out of control. The covid thing has given these jerks the power to say everything and anything is "hurting the children" garbage. They say " we gotta change this and that to make the world the perfect place" as we know it should be according to them. Fucking morons! No one here questions these assholes up here in pussy land. Canadians are a gutless bunch of followers. And not that bright at times either because it full of follower types. I can barley watch the local news anymore due to the endless stories of the quelling of freedoms. Just small bites constantly at freedom. And it goes completely unchallenged. Canadians are NOT like you American's who actually don't just let a few make all the decisions. I like how you stand up for yourselves.
Up here they just do as their told. We never used to be like that. But the soccer Mom crowd has been pushing endlessly for more and more control.
For instance......Below
My city is about to lower it's speed limits to 30kmph from 40....that's 18 miles per hour. How fucking ridiculous is that? Our bicycle paths are higher. You can drive a bicycle faster easily. Residential city streets will be at 30kmph. What a fucking joke! Kitchener Waterloo has endless money for bike lanes and planters on the road....seriously....planters on the road. We got em! But they can't seem to find any funds to actually fix the roads. The road I use daily has never been fixed in 28 years of me livin here. Holes and patches and off camber sections.
Then there is our highway speed limit. They are 90 and 100 kmph mostly. which is of course is only 55 to 62 mph. Pretty fucking sad imo.
So back to my city and many others. These politicians are so unchallenged anymore it outta control. We are just sheep sadly.
But they do have money for:
Flowers to enhance your motoring experience. They are out of their fucking minds.
This country has gotten so fucking pathetic on making everything so nice and perfect. Saving the children all the way.
You American guys are so lucky that most of your population isn't made up of sheep and cowards the way Canada is. All you need to do here is say boo to Canadian's as a politician and they drop to their knees' obeying the newest laws to quell any kind of freedom. The last 2 years had been a boon of laws for those who think that the gov will fix all that's wrong.
Canada is a country full of pussies and followers.
I could say so much more but better shut up now.
Sorry for the rant.
But my intent was to mostly point out how driving is becoming a activity of control.

Last edited by M8Bimmer; 06-14-2022 at 12:23 AM..
Appreciate 2
Tenac4504.50
      06-13-2022, 11:33 PM   #2
M8Bimmer
Rep

These do gooder type soccer cunts are so self entitled it's disgusting!
They won't be happy until the car you drive has no use for you. It will take you like a package to where you request. The end of driving is insight.
And these controlling types couldn't be more giddy. These are people who never did get the joy of owing a nice car. They buy vans and sheep to the beat.
The cops here are fucking nuts outta control too.
The news channels here feature them warning folks how they " are out there " watching for bad driving and blah blah blah. They come on TV acting like your Dad telling you to watch it kid! They seem to think it's their job to scare folks into obeying them or else. How about they shut the fuck up until called on for service. I'm so sick of the cops acting like the lord and masters of all they see here in Canada. Threatening and scolding before anything ever happens.
They will now take your car like the thieves they are for 40kmh over the limit. That's only 24mph over the limit and they take your car???? Fucking pigs.
To me cops are still pigs!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 12:26 AM   #3
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M8Bimmer View Post
These do gooder type soccer cunts are so self entitled it's disgusting!
They won't be happy until the car you drive has no use for you. It will take you like a package to where you request. The end of driving is insight.
And these controlling types couldn't be more giddy. These are people who never did get the joy of owing a nice car. They buy vans and sheep to the beat.
The cops here are fucking nuts outta control too.
The news channels here feature them warning folks how they " are out there " watching for bad driving and blah blah blah. They come on TV acting like your Dad telling you to watch it kid! They seem to think it's their job to scare folks into obeying them or else. How about they shut the fuck up until called on for service. I'm so sick of the cops acting like the lord and masters of all they see here in Canada. Threatening and scolding before anything ever happens.
They will now take your car like the thieves they are for 40kmh over the limit. That's only 24mph over the limit and they take your car???? Fucking pigs.
To me cops are still pigs!
Wow! I couldn't have said it better myself… Canada is NOT he country it once was and has been in a steady spiral over the last 7 years or so. That's just the tip of the iceberg from a car enthusiasts perspective, but it's everywhere in every facet of life there. Having lived in a number of provinces east to west, the level of retardation is the highest in Ontario it seems. No one minds their own business anymore and seem to want to decide what their neighbours should be allowed to do and not do. This is part of the reason I moved to our home in Europe, at least there is still common sense. I still return for work and every time I can't wait to catch my commuting flight out of there sadly.

…just know you are not alone😂
      06-14-2022, 01:13 AM   #4
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Wow! The total irony being that I've set foot (and drove rentals in mnay) on every continent except the Antarctica in my business and personal travel but have yet to visit Canada. Further irony is on some of the business travel for when we met locals on the street (aka restaurants, bars, etc.) depending on the locale we claimed we were Canadian vs US citizens as the latter was polarizing depending on the current world politics in play at the time.

Note to self, i.e., don't plan a road trip to CA in the M850i anytime soon. One of my best friends in the world is a Professor at the University of Calgary but is now on a 5 year deal with Kent University in the UK as they have not only a student but teacher exchange in place. Hopefully, by the time he comes back it's safe to drive in Canada again. 👍
Appreciate 1
Tenac4504.50
      06-14-2022, 02:08 AM   #5
M8Bimmer
Rep

I never ever thought in my life i would like to move from Canada. But it's starting to get to be a better idea maybe. Trouble is with the instability in this world where do you go? I was thinking of the northern European countries like Sweden , Norway or Finland. But with the russians on the doorstep there....um....nope.
Australia?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 02:21 AM   #6
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Wow! The total irony being that I've set foot (and drove rentals in mnay) on every continent except the Antarctica in my business and personal travel but have yet to visit Canada. Further irony is on some of the business travel for when we met locals on the street (aka restaurants, bars, etc.) depending on the locale we claimed we were Canadian vs US citizens as the latter was polarizing depending on the current world politics in play at the time.

Note to self, i.e., don't plan a road trip to CA in the M850i anytime soon. One of my best friends in the world is a Professor at the University of Calgary but is now on a 5 year deal with Kent University in the UK as they have not only a student but teacher exchange in place. Hopefully, by the time he comes back it's safe to drive in Canada again. ��
We'd love to have you. most anywhere else in canada is very friendly and welcoming. Southern Ontario is NOT the same as it once was for many reasons. Basically it's a parking lot down in southern Ontario. Fuck all to see unless you like building after building. They've taken the nice outta this area for sure. We are OVER CROWED beyond reason. And we can thank our boy Prime Minister. You can't even buy a house here anymore unless you have an income of 250k at least a year.
But back to driving the real subject here. It's very little fun around here. cops that think they're your Dad and master. Folks calling the cops to report anything they think needs stopped. I recently added some stealth plates...go fuck yourself citezen doo gooder.
Here's something that's become out of control too.
You should see the people walk around here on the STREETS. Walking dogs, kids, elderly, families, walkers, wheel chairs etc. Seriously
with perfectly good sidewalks rght beside them. I simply DON'T get it!
Why do they risk their safety this way. My wife see's the same thing and we both just can't believe it. It's some kind of weird phenomenon. When I was a kid I was told, now don't play in the streets. Even the police used to say that.
Now cities in Ontario setup these streets that have outdoor patios jutting out into them. With traffic still going by!!!! Are they fucking nuts??????????
This is what I mean, the streets here are becoming playgrounds for these morons. People seem to want to turn roadways into some kind of community parks or something. When we have TONS of those now.
By the way there no finer eating than eating in the middle of the road. God knows it's where i want to eat my food....in traffic. With all the niceties that go along with traffic......lol
Argh !!!!!

Last edited by M8Bimmer; 06-14-2022 at 02:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 02:27 AM   #7
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMofoFrog View Post
Wow! I couldn't have said it better myself… Canada is NOT he country it once was and has been in a steady spiral over the last 7 years or so. That's just the tip of the iceberg from a car enthusiasts perspective, but it's everywhere in every facet of life there. Having lived in a number of provinces east to west, the level of retardation is the highest in Ontario it seems. No one minds their own business anymore and seem to want to decide what their neighbours should be allowed to do and not do. This is part of the reason I moved to our home in Europe, at least there is still common sense. I still return for work and every time I can't wait to catch my commuting flight out of there sadly.

…just know you are not alone��
Thank you, thank you, thank you Brother for seeing it too. At least it's not just me up here in the land of perfect....hahaha.
I'm sure you'd agree that these fucks are passing laws daily making this an even more unsavory place to live. If you enjoy freedom that is.
Yup imo Ontario has become a shit place to reside.Toronto is just plain scary now a days. If your not car jacked you may be shot. Multiple murders per night just about. Toronto was once actually called" the good". See ya to that nick name.
Im afraid to take a nice car into that city anymore.
But trudope our prime monkey is gonna fix it by taking the legal guns away. That way there is more ammo for the illegal ones that do 99% of the murdering. He such a smart guy. Of course he's keeping the gov's guns.
Note : He wants to make sure he can defend things......just not you.
The cops advise on car jackings is to simply give them what they ask for....like a pussy. Just hand it over like. Of course the cops would never do that...but you better. The laws for defending yourself in Canada would make you American guys SHUTTER. Here your just supposed to bend over and be a victim. You can own a gun here but you better only ever look at it at home. The cops feel different and use their all the time for their safety. Even if some dudes in your house at 3am you better just pat him on the head and say...."take it all" "even my life if you want to"
Cuz if you hurt him....your in trouble.
This is the kind of pussy country this is.

Last edited by M8Bimmer; 06-14-2022 at 02:34 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2022, 03:40 AM   #8
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:
Another blow to decent motoring in my city. Have any of you guys noticed how the world is becoming so much less friendly to drive a car anywhere? The goody two shoes assholes we have here in Canada are out of control. The covid thing has given these jerks the power to say everything and anything is "hurting the children" garbage. They say " we gotta change this and that to make the world the perfect place" as we know it should be according to them. Fucking morons! No one here questions these assholes up here in pussy land. Canadians are a gutless bunch of followers. And not that bright at times either because it full of follower types. I can barley watch the local news anymore due to the endless stories of the quelling of freedoms. Just small bites constantly at freedom. And it goes completely unchallenged. Canadians are NOT like you American's who actually don't just let a few make all the decisions. I like how you stand up for yourselves.
Up here they just do as their told. We never used to be like that. But the soccer Mom crowd has been pushing endlessly for more and more control.
For instance......Below
My city is about to lower it's speed limits to 30kmph from 40....that's 18 miles per hour. How fucking ridiculous is that? Our bicycle paths are higher. You can drive a bicycle faster easily. Residential city streets will be at 30kmph. What a fucking joke! Kitchener Waterloo has endless money for bike lanes and planters on the road....seriously....planters on the road. We got em! But they can't seem to find any funds to actually fix the roads. The road I use daily has never been fixed in 28 years of me livin here. Holes and patches and off camber sections.
Then there is our highway speed limit. They are 90 and 100 kmph mostly. which is of course is only 55 to 62 mph. Pretty fucking sad imo.
So back to my city and many others. These politicians are so unchallenged anymore it outta control. We are just sheep sadly.
But they do have money for:
Flowers to enhance your motoring experience. They are out of their fucking minds.
This country has gotten so fucking pathetic on making everything so nice and perfect. Saving the children all the way.
You American guys are so lucky that most of your population isn't made up of sheep and cowards the way Canada is. All you need to do here is say boo to Canadian's as a politician and they drop to their knees' obeying the newest laws to quell any kind of freedom. The last 2 years had been a boon of laws for those who think that the gov will fix all that's wrong.
Canada is a country full of pussies and followers.
I could say so much more but better shut up now.
Sorry for the rant.
But my intent was to mostly point out how driving is becoming a activity of control.
Get a grip. Yeah, it's great here in America.....people murder and rob and steal daily (oh....and we don't particularly care about people shooting up elementary schools, either). BTW, our gas is $6 a gallon.

I mean, have you actually ever been here? In all seriousness, you need to probably go somewhere in Europe because the US is way worse than Canada. Whatever, you deal with it....
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 04:11 AM   #9
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Get a grip. Yeah, it's great here in America.....people murder and rob and steal daily (oh....and we don't particularly care about people shooting up elementary schools, either). BTW, our gas is $6 a gallon.

I mean, have you actually ever been here? In all seriousness, you need to probably go somewhere in Europe because the US is way worse than Canada. Whatever, you deal with it....
I never said it was better in the US. You missed my point.
I also never mentioned the price of gas. I agree. America's got problem. Never said it didn't.
Appreciate 1
Tenac4504.50
      06-14-2022, 06:23 AM   #10
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Get a grip. Yeah, it's great here in America.....people murder and rob and steal daily (oh....and we don't particularly care about people shooting up elementary schools, either). BTW, our gas is $6 a gallon. I mean, have you actually ever been here? In all seriousness, you need to probably go somewhere in Europe because the US is way worse than Canada. Whatever, you deal with it....
Quote:
I never said it was better in the US. You missed my point. I also never mentioned the price of gas. I agree. America's got problem. Never said it didn't.
Do you know the price of gas in Canada, mjr? And I gotta say, I don't know many Canadians who think the US is the answer. For anything. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 09:27 AM   #11
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
I never said it was better in the US. You missed my point.
I also never mentioned the price of gas. I agree. America's got problem. Never said it didn't.
I am literally surrounded by Canadian families that have moved here, well and a hand full of snow birds. lol Our neighborly conversations are almost like you have expressed in your post. Obviously no country is perfect but I like my one neighbors answer. "I like freedoms and choice so here I am in the US". He used to own his own business but local government pressure forced him to close he know runs it here in AZ.

Funny seems like government is never the solution or answer it seems to always be the oppressor. My political rant is over.

I feel for you hang in there do what you can to make things better, it's all anyone ever can do.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 2
M8Bimmer1246.50
      06-14-2022, 12:19 PM   #12
elitex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C Coupe, 21 X5MC

Garage List
I was in Canada (Toronto areas) for past week and a half and I agree. Speed limits make no sense there. 30 kmph (with cameras to boot) in areas where 35 mph is still extremely slow.
21 X5M MBB, 20 Evora GT, 20 C63S Coupe,19 X5 50i, 18 Giulia QV, 18 M5, 17 Evora 400, 18 LX570, 17 GT350,18 M4 Comp,17 R8 V10 ,17 M3 Comp,17 GT350,16 Escalade Plat ESV, 16 570S,16 911 GTS,15 M5, 15 LX570, 13 M5,13 Viper,14 Cayman S,13 M3,13 S4,10 RX8,12 A4,10 G37, 04 Mini Cooper S, 08 Scion TC, 06 Altima V6, 05 Altima, 01 Altima, 00 Altima, 94 Explorer, 92 Toyota Pickup, 98 Altima
Appreciate 1
M8Bimmer1246.50
      06-14-2022, 04:20 PM   #13
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitex View Post
I was in Canada (Toronto areas) for past week and a half and I agree. Speed limits make no sense there. 30 kmph (with cameras to boot) in areas where 35 mph is still extremely slow.
Yup 30 kilo per hour is just plain stupid. What's next 15kmph.
How about teach people to be a bit more careful around cars. I avoid Toronto now like a person with bad breath. Kinda the same thing now.....lol
your lucky you made it out alive....hahaha
Getting pretty violent there daily.
Appreciate 1
elitex1229.50
      06-14-2022, 04:24 PM   #14
Asthenis
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw G16, Maserati Ghibli SQ4

Well, I live in Canada, you should consider installing waze and all my problem are now solved, Potholes and radars are spotted on the map :P

Last edited by Asthenis; 06-14-2022 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 05:17 PM   #15
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asthenis View Post
Well, I live in Canada, you should consider installing waze and all my problem are now solved, Potholes and radars are spotted on the map :P
Sorry for my ignorance. Waze is what? Link?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 08:35 PM   #16
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Sorry for my ignorance. Waze is what? Link?
Thanks
Its a map app similar to Google Maps (It's actually owned by Google), except it has crowd sourced info so people can mark where hazards are (cops, accidents, construction, etc) so everyone else knows.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 10:44 PM   #17
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Let’s talk Trudeau and gun control. Like wtf. I’ll take 30 Kph over his BS gun control stuff anyday. Talk about a Canadian pussie.

OP, we gotta get you on the track. I get what you’re saying though, 40 kph where I am.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 11:07 PM   #18
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Thrillride View Post
Let’s talk Trudeau and gun control. Like wtf. I’ll take 30 Kph over his BS gun control stuff anyday. Talk about a Canadian pussie.

OP, we gotta get you on the track. I get what you’re saying though, 40 kph where I am.
I agree, his gun reform is a stupid plan and will do nothing to stop illegal guns coming over the border. He just says what misinformed folks wanna hear. like most politicians. Yes he is a pussy.
Hey anybody know what's happened at True North BMW? The club. No updates this year on their site. No response either when i emailed them? Anybody know anything? I don't do facebook so can't check there.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 06:12 AM   #19
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

I assume all these awful people drive 8 Series BMW’s? If not I am wondering why this thread is here?
Appreciate 3
Tmac13.00
      06-15-2022, 12:37 PM   #20
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaford View Post
I assume all these awful people drive 8 Series BMW's? If not I am wondering why this thread is here?
Yes, I think all are 8 owners… when I had my car in Alberta, and then in Ontario, my wife kept saying my car isn't a good fit for Canada as the driving season is far too short, the roads are full of potholes so even if you could go faster, your dentist would be the only one smiling. I'm happy and fortunate I was able to bring my car to Europe as I've thoroughly enjoyed the amazing drives I've taken with it. As for Canada, at least there is reasonable weather in June through September if one is looking to visit.
It's truly sad to see where Canada has gone, and is going politically which sadly affects our passion for our cars. While I'm shocked that US gas prices too have gone full retard, at least the US income tax rates are a little more civilized. In Canada I see more than 50% of my wages go to income tax, with more going to other user taxes (sales tax and surtaxes), our spending power has diminished to about 30% of your gross salary. For craps sales, Trudeau even charges HST/PST/ GST on his new carbon taxes… he's taxing the taxes FFS!!
      06-15-2022, 12:48 PM   #21
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpro45 View Post
What was the reason his business was forced to close by the government? Better he should have sold it.
I don't understand why it was forced to close instead Canadian government supports small business.
It must be due to pandemic.
Various commonplace states have given orders shutting or seriously restricting organizations because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Coming up next is a rundown of the circumstance on a territory by-region premise as of March 30, 2020. Until now, five regions, Ontario, Québec, Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan, have instituted wide requests shutting unimportant or non-need organizations. Considering what is happening, it ought to be remembered that current government orders might be altered or cancelled and new orders gave whenever. Likewise, various administrative and commonplace unofficial laws have been established because of the COVID-19 pandemic, connecting with issues like monetary help for organizations, deferral of assessment installments, and worker security and leave, which are all tended to in Fasken COVID-19 Bulletins. The data gave in this Bulletin isn't lawful guidance and is planned exclusively to give general data.
Not sure I didn't pry it seemed to be a very touchy subject, the family still has love for Canada. All I know is regulations forced him to choose to be bought out to bigger chain competitors or close.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0