M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Anyone else considering a G37 Coupe as their next car?

08-18-2008, 12:40 AM   #111
simp0man
Not looking 2 SPEED, just looking GOOD
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by methodtim View Post
I guess I forgot to include that I was being sarcastic.
I know. I was playing along.
      08-18-2008, 12:49 AM   #112
Rusty's508whp
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335I Coupe/ 94 Supra TT

335i for me, that torque is great!
      08-18-2008, 01:06 AM   #113
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2iSTUDIOS View Post
The trunk is way too small.
+1 Ditto ...It does not bode well for my business. I move "stuff" for my buddies in and around Little Italy for a living
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 01:12 AM   #114
simp0man
Cambodia
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
+1 Ditto ...It does not bode well for my business. I move "stuff" for my buddies in and around Little Italy for a living
You use your bimmer for work?
      08-18-2008, 01:19 AM   #115
lib
Major
Rep
Drives: <This space for rent>

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2iSTUDIOS View Post
The trunk is way too small.
+1

It sounds ridiculous but I did a side-by-side comparison with a friend's G35 and the trunk in my 1er was quite a bit bigger.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 02:37 AM   #116
E90RWC
What you know about the twins?
Rep
Drives: bmw

Not gonna lie, the G provides some good bang for the buck.

But there is something special about BMWs that you can't ignore.

Maybe it's the whole buying experience, the free service, all kinds of things keep me with BMW.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 03:23 AM   #117
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
The OP is not trying to convert us. He's asking for opinions of the cars from people who have owned both a G37 and 335.
Given the timeframe of which these vehicles were introduced, someone who's owned both a G37 and a 335 isn't too bright when it comes to finances.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 03:52 AM   #118
Fuh Teng
Wishing I could buy a 335i
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: I don't have one

Right now the G37 is tied with a Charger SRT8 for 2nd, right behind the E90 335. It is cheaper and I can't bring myself to trust German cars not to eat money for maintenance. That being said, it is still second for a reason!

And John 070, you're absolutely right. Or they have really short term leases just for fun.

Fuh

Last edited by Fuh Teng; 08-18-2008 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: Agree with John 070
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 03:55 AM   #119
shift330
Blue Force Tracker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
Given the timeframe of which these vehicles were introduced, someone who's owned both a G37 and a 335 isn't too bright when it comes to finances.
I don't have a 335 but I did have a 330i and a G37S at the same time. What's wrong with that? BMW FTMFW if you like handling. The G37 is nice and quick but sloppy handling. Ditched the G37 for an IS350 and I'm much happier now.

Stay safe 855th MP Company! Hosmer/Espinoza you're my boys!!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 04:32 AM   #120
PoorMan
Hello my name is...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by simp0man View Post
I bought the car cause I like the way the coupe looks and BMW has already a good reputation. That is an identity crisis? So you are saying people should buy cars not for looks and credibilty?
That would be Credibility

But anyway.. Credibility??? What kind of credibility would that be? With a Bmw 3 series that is?? .

If your thinking, which after seeing some of your previous posts Financial credibility.

There is bmw for any budget, next to VW their the most affordable euro cars around. Why do you think there are thousands driving around all over the place? I see at least 40 of all types everyday, their as common as hondas ..

IMO If your looking for some street\baller\player creed . I would say at least M6 (if talking bmw). Ie: Nothing spells success more than a 6 digit price tag car. anything less and your talking food stamps...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the OP both are great cars. But ultimately its your money so....Ignore the boys. Test drive what ever your intrested in and get what ya like, its only a car for pete's sake.

good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 04:36 AM   #121
gshb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift330 View Post
I don't have a 335 but I did have a 330i and a G37S at the same time. What's wrong with that? BMW FTMFW if you like handling. The G37 is nice and quick but sloppy handling. Ditched the G37 for an IS350 and I'm much happier now.
G37S to IS350? isnt that a step backwards in terms of handling? well, actually, i know it is a step backwards. i had both. before coilovers i felt like my IS was going to flip on the track. not so with with the G37S and 330ci.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 05:29 AM   #122
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Thanks for the responses everyone

My sis was looking to go from a 530xi to a g37x coupe or convertible . Her lease ends in about 6 months. She was also debating a 335i convertible or 335xi coupe.

I just wanted to know if she was making the right decision. I don't want her to get a car that she won't like.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 05:29 AM   #123
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Thanks for the responses everyone

My sis was looking to go from a 530xi to a g37x coupe or convertible . Her lease ends in about 6 months. She was also debating a 335i convertible or 335xi coupe.

I just wanted to know if she was making the right decision. I don't want her to get a car that she won't like.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #124
exo-ak-dk
Black Magic Wheels - BMW
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
Not to mention Infiniti makes some SOLID cars.

The quality and fit and finish is in a different league than that of BMW's.
disagree!!!

yea its solid if you compare it to a lada
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #125
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-ak-dk View Post
disagree!!!

yea its solid if you compare it to a lada
disagree right back!

Infiniti is currently rated 1st or 2nd on most, if not all, quality studies. Older models were not up to the 2008 models for sure but comparing any luxury car, BMW, Audi, Infiniti, Lexus, etc to a Lada shows you really don't get it. I'm not saying fit and finish is better than BMW, I am saying it is at least as good on CURRENT models. If you don't agree, go take the time to actually sit in one for a bit.

What I find amusing about this thread is that BMW owners get SOOOO defensive if anyone suggests another car might be comparable. I am a BMW owner, love my car to death but am willing to admit there are other viable, decent and comparable options. I'm not offended by Audi coming out with a great S5. I'm not threatened by the fact that Infiniti makes a car that is 95% of the performance of a 335 but for less money. Why is any of this a bad thing?? It just makes BMW make better and better cars to stay on top and compete! For those with their BMW "blinders" on, open your eyes a little. An Infiniti is not an Altima or a Lada. If you need to put down other cars to justify the one you love, to me, that is just insecurity and needing to justify your purchase decision. All some of us are saying is that there are other legitimate performance options out there. No one is saying the G37 is a superior car just that it is a real option, especially when price is considered!!! As a matter of fact, I think almost everyone concedes that the 335i is the superior car when price is not considered. Relax folks.

I may end up in a 335i next spring when I change cars. I may end up in a G37s, who knows? But I do know I will consider all options before deciding and will stay open minded enough to realize that there are other good options. Unlike some, I pick the car I own based on its performance, price, looks and features and not based on whether it is designed in Germany, Japan or the US.

Last edited by gthal; 08-18-2008 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #126
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
335i>G37>>>>>>>>328
+1. i'd take a 335 over a g37, but take a g37 over a 328 anyday...
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #127
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

I'm too hooked on torque.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 10:45 AM   #128
HarjotM
Test Pilot :)
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
disagree right back!

Infiniti is currently rated 1st or 2nd on most, if not all, quality studies. Older models were not up to the 2008 models for sure but comparing any luxury car, BMW, Audi, Infiniti, Lexus, etc to a Lada shows you really don't get it. I'm not saying fit and finish is better than BMW, I am saying it is at least as good on CURRENT models. If you don't agree, go take the time to actually sit in one for a bit.

What I find amusing about this thread is that BMW owners get SOOOO defensive if anyone suggests another car might be comparable. I am a BMW owner, love my car to death but am willing to admit there are other viable, decent and comparable options. I'm not offended by Audi coming out with a great S5. I'm not threatened by the fact that Infiniti makes a car that is 95% of the performance of a 335 but for less money. Why is any of this a bad thing?? It just makes BMW make better and better cars to stay on top and compete! For those with their BMW "blinders" on, open your eyes a little. An Infiniti is not an Altima or a Lada. If you need to put down other cars to justify the one you love, to me, that is just insecurity and needing to justify your purchase decision. All some of us are saying is that there are other legitimate performance options out there. No one is saying the G37 is a superior car just that it is a real option, especially when price is considered!!! As a matter of fact, I think almost everyone concedes that the 335i is the superior car when price is not considered. Relax folks.

I may end up in a 335i next spring when I change cars. I may end up in a G37s, who knows? But I do know I will consider all options before deciding and will stay open minded enough to realize that there are other good options. Unlike some, I pick the car I own based on its performance, price, looks and features and not based on whether it is designed in Germany, Japan or the US.
sir I fail to see why you feel the need to justify your decision or temptation to go with G37.
G37 is a great car and a better value than 335i , why bother what others think? its your money, your car and YOU be the one driving it, the hell with everyone else. This is a bmw forum, do you really expect majority to say g37>335? in value its definitely better no doubt!
IF you are looking for people who use to own a bmw 3er (other than 335) and were thinking about 335 or G37 then my guess is ONLY the ones that chose 335 are still here, the ones that chose G37 have left this forum and joined infinity forums.

go with the G....better bang for buck, you know you want to
On the way: Saphire Black 335i / Coral Red leather Interior / Aluminum Trim / 6 Speed paddle shifters / Active Steer / Logic 7 Sound system / Sports Package/Premium Package / Navigation / Comfort Access / Bluetooth & BMW Assist / Factory Alarm / 3M protection full facial hood protection

With Me: '05 325i Silver Grey with black leather, 5spd Tiptronic , sports package and premium package

'98 Civic EX sedan Dark Green, 4spd auto

Departed: '02 Boxster 'S' Silver with Red leather int, 6spd
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #129
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

no way
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #130
simp0man
Cambodia
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMan View Post
That would be Credibility

But anyway.. Credibility??? What kind of credibility would that be? With a Bmw 3 series that is?? .

If your thinking, which after seeing some of your previous posts Financial credibility.

There is bmw for any budget, next to VW their the most affordable euro cars around. Why do you think there are thousands driving around all over the place? I see at least 40 of all types everyday, their as common as hondas ..

IMO If your looking for some street\baller\player creed . I would say at least M6 (if talking bmw). Ie: Nothing spells success more than a 6 digit price tag car. anything less and your talking food stamps...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the OP both are great cars. But ultimately its your money so....Ignore the boys. Test drive what ever your intrested in and get what ya like, its only a car for pete's sake.

good luck.
No sir, what I meant in BMW known for luxury and performance. If you think Luxury and Performance, you get BMW, Porsche, Audi(maybe) you know the line. It is these Japanese that changes their name to gain that status that I don't go for. It is fine that they give the Euros the run for our money but you can't duplicate everything about Euros. I stick with the original not the imitations. You know the generics. If I was a millionaire then I'd shoot for some Lambos or Ferraris. For now I love that class. Euros gives me that feel of Luxury and Performance and I picked a Bimmer. The Japanese have already gotten to the performance and eventually and even maybe these Japanese cars finally mimic the feel of the bimmer than I would go for it since it is cheaper and more reliable.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #131
HarjotM
Test Pilot :)
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
No sir, what I meant in BMW known for luxury and performance. If you think Luxury and Performance, you get BMW, Porsche, Audi(maybe) you know the line. It is these Japanese that changes their name to gain that status that I don't go for. It is fine that they give the Euros the run for our money but you can't duplicate everything about Euros. I stick with the original not the imitations. You know the generics. If I was a millionaire then I'd shoot for some Lambos or Ferraris. For now I love that class. Euros gives me that feel of Luxury and Performance and I picked a Bimmer.
how come no mercedes in that luxury and performance lineup of yours?
On the way: Saphire Black 335i / Coral Red leather Interior / Aluminum Trim / 6 Speed paddle shifters / Active Steer / Logic 7 Sound system / Sports Package/Premium Package / Navigation / Comfort Access / Bluetooth & BMW Assist / Factory Alarm / 3M protection full facial hood protection

With Me: '05 325i Silver Grey with black leather, 5spd Tiptronic , sports package and premium package

'98 Civic EX sedan Dark Green, 4spd auto

Departed: '02 Boxster 'S' Silver with Red leather int, 6spd
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #132
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:
No sir, what I meant in BMW known for luxury and performance. If you think Luxury and Performance, you get BMW, Porsche, Audi(maybe) you know the line. It is these Japanese that changes their name to gain that status that I don't go for. It is fine that they give the Euros the run for our money but you can't duplicate everything about Euros. I stick with the original not the imitations. You know the generics. If I was a millionaire then I'd shoot for some Lambos or Ferraris. For now I love that class. Euros gives me that feel of Luxury and Performance and I picked a Bimmer.
I think you just proved his point. The point being that BMW has crafted a brand image that you (rightly or wrongly, I'm not going to judge) have bought into. What's so hard to grasp about that?