M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos love the range rover sport

06-13-2006, 12:15 AM   #23
BMW320i
Colonel
Oman
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 320i

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
RRS is a very nice car, but since u guys went on the road which says which is better in off-roads, i feel i should say this:

if want a street car, go for cayenne. (still b able to do some off-roading)

if u wana go off-roading, y take the RRS, take the RR or LR3

19" velocity CSL replicas staggured // Continental sport contact 2: rear: 255/35/19, Front: 235/35/19 // Blacklines // rear OEM spoiler // y-connector // 30% v-kool tint all around // Black Roof/Mirrors // H&R Sport springs // H&R TRAK+ 15mm spacers //
BMW never makes ordinary cars . . .
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 12:34 PM   #24
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

thats looks great. Just lose the ugly taillight covers
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 12:23 PM   #25
bmwbenz0101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

I love the look of the Range Rover Sport and thats pretty much it. I have a Range Rover 2005, with the BMW engine, but with the new nav and everything, and I just love it. It isn't the greatest peforming car in the world, but thats not why we got it. It has the greatest back seat in the world. Its huge. The interior is stunning, aswell as the exterior, and its just a rock solid car. The Range Rover Sport on the other hand is very cheap and plasticy. I feel like its the range rover for those who couldn't afford the real one. Why would you want a sports suv based on the LR3, it makes no sense. I've test driven both the LR3 and the Range Rover Sport. The range rover sport may be a little bit more nimble because of its smaller size, and also its seating position, but they ain't that different. Similar interiors, similar engines, similar quality. I would get the LR3 over the Range Rover Sport. 3 rows, same car, a whole lot less $$. Thats my opinion. The Range Rover Sport is a fad. Here in south florida they sold a bunch, and now people are starting to realize that the RR is a much better car and that the LR3 is the same car for a lot less money. Land Rover should have based the RRS on its own platform.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 12:46 PM   #26
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Any of you see the 5th gear where they compared the Range Rover, Benz and BMW large SUV's? It was almost frightening watching Tiff drive the RR around the track. There was so much body roll it looked dangerous. The inside front tire was lifting and it wasn't a stiffness issue. The outside suspension was compressing and there was so much body lean that the inside suspension couldn't extend far enough to keep the tire on the ground. It looked about a hair away from ending up on it's roof. Both the other cars handled much better with the BMW having the best on road handling. Accident avoidance in the RR would be a scary proposition.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0