M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos The Getto Guy who couldnt afford a BMW

06-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #23
JO3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
LOL. You know, i read this thread yesterday, but didn't respond. Yeah, the car is ghetto, but the name of this thread sounds so damn elitist. Not saying you are UALLENVYME, but now, when certain people snicker and sneer at BMW owners, now I understand why. Thanks for helping explain that to me UALLENVYME.
What did you expect from a guy named U ALL ENVY ME
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2006, 11:52 PM   #24
deltron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325xi Monaco Blue

I think the whole point of those cars is build something that no one else has. So its the originality that I think is the attraction.
      06-13-2006, 12:55 AM   #25
e90rocks
Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Why the car should make us laugh, and why it shouldn't

Several people are trying to decide whether or not to respect this guy (the yellow monstrosity owner) based upon whether or not he can afford a BMW. The whole premise is wrong. You shouldn't base your respect for someone based upon his income (or parents' income, as this forum reflects). That's what makes people hate BMW owners with an elitist attitude.

That being said, when I look at the car I say "NO CLASS". I'd say the same thing if I saw a photo of a BMW 7 series covered with bumper stickers, though. I think that may be what UALLENVYME was saying when he said 'getto' [sic].
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #26
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdheaven
i used to make fun of these cars. and people that drove them. then this one day i was at the shop that worked on my old car. and there was one in there, and i was talking to the owner of the shop making fun of the 10,000 dollar wheels, 10,000 dollar paint job on a cheap ass car. and the owner of the shop was like, "well, we already supercharged his brand new escalade, and we blah blahed his brand new whatever other car so the dude is spending money on this style car" its like, just cause its an old car, dont mean that the person doesnt have any money. thats the style. do i like it, not really. have i learned to respect cars like that. yes. for sure.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0