M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos AMG Performance Driving Event 2011!!

05-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #23
soupy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

I was there that same day, probably just missed you by an hour or two. Those foggy conditions made it quite interesting, but the road surface was still quite good and not as damp as I thought it'd be. SL63 definitely surprised me in how well it handles despite how damn heavy it is (4300lbs!). Totally was worth the long drive up for it and now I kinda wanna pay up for the real AMG academy.

Alpine White, Coral Red Leather, Sport Package, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #24
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Looked like fun
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #25
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupy View Post
I was there that same day, probably just missed you by an hour or two. Those foggy conditions made it quite interesting, but the road surface was still quite good and not as damp as I thought it'd be. SL63 definitely surprised me in how well it handles despite how damn heavy it is (4300lbs!). Totally was worth the long drive up for it and now I kinda wanna pay up for the real AMG academy.
imho, the AMG driving academy is worth the money. They treat you really well. Plus you learn good stuff, too. Basic, Advanced, Pro. Laguna, Lime Rock, or Atlanta.
Appreciate 0