M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Rep. Elijah E Cummings dead at 68

10-18-2019, 02:45 PM   #23
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Guys. Not cool. Don't stoop to this level.
Maybe not but its clear to me at least. He was at best not looking for a good solution to the Country's problems. And almost all my Republican friends are truthfully glad he passed.. bc they say the country was better off without him..not bc the just wished him dead.

So lets just say perhaps its not cool to post it. But I doubt if my Republican friends are different than any other repubs.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #24
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Maybe not but its clear to me at least. He was at best not looking for a good solution to the Country's problems. And almost all my Republican friends are truthfully glad he passed.. bc they say the country was better off without him..not bc the just wished him dead.

So lets just say perhaps its not cool to post it. But I doubt if my Republican friends are different than any other repubs.
You are happy that a fellow American died, because you disagree with his politics? What a shitty set of friends you have, and what a shitty person you are.

Goodbye, no need to debate you ever again.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK1286.50

10-19-2019, 12:01 PM   #25
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
You are happy that a fellow American died, because you disagree with his politics? What a shitty set of friends you have, and what a shitty person you are.

Goodbye, no need to debate you ever again.
Why are you twisting his words?

He's happy Cummings is no longer in congress!
Not everyone is fond of corrupt career politicians.

Places like Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago, LA's inner cities poor living conditions, crimes are the results of these people's policies!

He went after the very person whose policies helped lower African American unemployment at a record low!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 03:08 PM   #26
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Why are you twisting his words?

He's happy Cummings is no longer in congress!
Not everyone is fond of corrupt career politicians.

Places like Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago, LA's inner cities poor living conditions, crimes are the results of these people's policies!

He went after the very person whose policies helped lower African American unemployment at a record low!
I guess in Oklahoma City and Meridian Idaho where overweight poor people pet their daughters and collect spare tires and sofas on their front lawn is the culture center of Republican values ?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 10:42 AM   #27
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post

This is the problem about politics taking over common sense. I'm glad he's out of politics but I'm sad that he has passed at such a young age.

Humanity towards ones fellow man should be before politics. No matter what everyone else does. I'm not perfect and have my, "I wish that bastard would die" moments but since Mr. Cummings has actually died and in an untimely way, we should strive to be better. That's what I'm proposing.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Fair and objective hearings don't take place in secret.
Appreciate 6
      10-21-2019, 03:46 PM   #28
Dagamus_NM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
This is the problem about politics taking over common sense. I'm glad he's out of politics but I'm sad that he has passed at such a young age.

Humanity towards ones fellow man should be before politics. No matter what everyone else does. I'm not perfect and have my, "I wish that bastard would die" moments but since Mr. Cummings has actually died and in an untimely way, we should strive to be better. That's what I'm proposing.
Agreed, well stated.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14880.50

10-21-2019, 07:26 PM   #29
M5TUDM
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
2015 BMW F10 M5  [0.00]
Firstly, I pray that his loved ones receive healing over their loss - that's what compassionate Americans do for one another.
As for the man's professional life: IMO, Elijah perverted the purpose of civil rights and perpetuated racist rhetoric that fostered violent divisions within multiple communities; as a result, his congressional efforts resulted in monumental failure.
2006 BMW E46 M3 CAB - Nothing Like the Top Down on a Summer Night
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14880.50