M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion The Impeachment Thread

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 51 29.31%
Trump Trump-umphant. 59 33.91%
Inclusive 13 7.47%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 54 31.03%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 8 4.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

10-23-2019, 08:40 AM   #1255
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/diplomat-...william-taylor

I'll be happy to go about what's what with you but will not reply to the real troll and his nauseating wankery.

Take care, hool.
The one who posts sources without being asked several times? The one who does not believe in Seth Rich conspiracy theories? The one who deals in facts?

FYI do you really believe Ratcliffe destroyed Taylor's testimony ?
      10-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #1256
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
"Not allowing lawmakers" doesn't sound like it's exclusive to GOP members.

I'm just wondering what mechanism Schiff has at his disposal to implement such a thing. Perhaps a House or Committee rule?
My mistake. What anyone can talk about.
I have no idea where this restriction comes from.
      10-23-2019, 09:46 AM   #1257
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Quote:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/diplomat-...william-taylor

I'll be happy to go about what's what with you but will not reply to the real troll and his nauseating wankery.

Take care, hool.
The one who posts sources without being asked several times? The one who does not believe in Seth Rich conspiracy theories? The one who deals in facts?

FYI do you really believe Ratcliffe destroyed Taylor's testimony ?
The right wing talking point is now "the other side didn't follow through, so there was no quo, and that's a-ok with us."
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #1258
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

so Republican members permitted into the closed hearing are enjoined not to repeat ANYTHING said during the hearing, but The Usual Media Suspects are publishing "news" reports on the hearings that include lengthy excerpts of testimony IN QUOTATION MARKS.
fortunately, we have just obtained a pic of BimmerPost leftists rehearsing their new routine entitled 'Nothing To See Here, Move Along Now'==>
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 10:49 AM   #1259
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
so Republican members permitted into the closed hearing are enjoined not to repeat ANYTHING said during the hearing, but The Usual Media Suspects are publishing "news" reports on the hearings that include lengthy excerpts of testimony IN QUOTATION MARKS.
fortunately, we have just obtained a pic of BimmerPost leftists rehearsing their new routine entitled 'Nothing To See Here, Move Along Now'==>
That's what the Freedom caucus people are saying. There's no telling if it's true.
      10-23-2019, 10:56 AM   #1260
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Where is that claim being made? That's not what McCarthy said.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #1261
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Since the question was asked in the poll attached to this thread, here is an update on how it is affecting Biden now. He's at 34%, Warren at 19%.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...al-poll-055601
      10-23-2019, 11:54 AM   #1262
Eriphill
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i

Just read Bill Taylor's full transcript. First takeaway is that there was nothing new that hadn't already been reported on. Second takeaway was that all of Taylor's testimony was second and third hand information. He never spoke with Trump directly. The guy is an underling and was kept in the dark the entire time by Trump's people (hence his bitterness). He sounds more like a butt hurt bureaucrat. What I did find interesting was the much hyped Trump call with the Ukranian president was on July 25th. The Ukrainians had no idea that the release of the aid package was even an issue until Politico did a story about it on August 26th. So the entire narrative of a quid pro quo during that phone call is bullshit as the Ukrainians at that time thought all was well. Also, both U.S. Envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker and US ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland refute Taylor's testimony and they had first hand knowledge of the entire affair unlike Taylor.

https://time.com/5707713/bill-taylor...hment-inquiry/
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille3105.00

10-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #1263
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Just read Bill Taylor's full transcript. First takeaway is that there was nothing new that hadn't already been reported on. Second takeaway was that all of Taylor's testimony was second and third hand information. He never spoke with Trump directly. The guy is an underling and was kept in the dark the entire time by Trump's people (hence his bitterness). He sounds more like a butt hurt bureaucrat. What I did find interesting was the much hyped Trump call with the Ukranian president was on July 25th. The Ukrainians had no idea that the release of the aid package was even an issue until Politico did a story about it on August 26th. So the entire narrative of a quid pro quo during that phone call is bullshit as the Ukrainians at that time thought all was well. Also, both U.S. Envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker and US ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland refute Taylor's testimony and they had first hand knowledge of the entire affair unlike Taylor.

They (the Ukrainians) certainly knew after the call. The aid was not released until September 11.
      10-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #1264
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Where is that claim being made? That's not what McCarthy said.
John Ratcliffe, a questioner during the hearing, live interview this morning: "we are not permitted to repeat what was said during the hearing but we are allowed to say what was NOT said."
as i mentioned, this is from live TV so no, i haven't a citation for it yet but i think we'll know pretty soon what's true. I have noted however that members on both sides interviewed as they leave the room as well as elsewhere in the Capital never offer direct quotes or summaries of quotes.
the only quotes, marked with quotation marks, I've seen are in the media. they are leaks.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2019, 12:08 PM   #1265
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:

Very few people in this world have direct contact to the POTUS. If you think this second and third hand information if not legally defensible, you're sorely mistaken. You've got multiple people saying the same thing.

It's really sickening the mental gymnastics the GOP is going to justify all of this. I'd be just as pissed if it were the democrats doing it too.

An investigation needs to it's course. Sadly, even if all the evidence points to Trump and certain people under him breaking the law, the GOP will very likely do nothing and that will set off a very nasty chain of events going forward in our government where the POTUS and most anyone in government can essentially do anything with little to no recourse because they can poke little holes in the argument and twisting it to their benefit. It's essentially like Bill Clinton arguing the word "is" during his impeachment. Don't play stupid argumentative f-ing games and take me for a fool.

It's really sad how far people will go to protect their party and not admit that this isn't right/legal and at the cost of this country. It's extremism.
      10-23-2019, 12:26 PM   #1266
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Very few people in this world have direct contact to the POTUS. If you think this second and third hand information if not legally defensible, you're sorely mistaken. You've got multiple people saying the same thing.

It's really sickening the mental gymnastics the GOP is going to justify all of this. I'd be just as pissed if it were the democrats doing it too.

An investigation needs to it's course. Sadly, even if all the evidence points to Trump and certain people under him breaking the law, the GOP will very likely do nothing and that will set off a very nasty chain of events going forward in our government where the POTUS and most anyone in government can essentially do anything with little to no recourse because they can poke little holes in the argument and twisting it to their benefit. It's essentially like Bill Clinton arguing the word "is" during his impeachment. Don't play stupid argumentative f-ing games and take me for a fool.

It's really sad how far people will go to protect their party and not admit that this isn't right/legal and at the cost of this country. It's extremism.
Oh no you didn't.

Carry on.
      10-23-2019, 01:30 PM   #1267
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Not sure how these guys think this is going to help trump with the impeachment inquiry:

Republicans lawmakers disrupt Democratic-led Trump impeachment inquiry https://reut.rs/2JgRA4H

The Republicans stormed into a hearing room where Pentagon official Laura Cooper was due to testify behind closed doors, lawmakers and aides said.

In a dramatic confrontation during an escalating impeachment probe, Capitol police were called in to clear the room and bring order, a Republican congressional aide said.

The aide said the Republicans brought in cellphones to the room, a high-security facility where electronic devices are not allowed.
      10-23-2019, 02:31 PM   #1268
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Oh no you didn't.

Carry on.
Today Trump's attorney argued in court that the state of NY could not investigate Trump if he shot someone in the street while Trump was in office. The attorney argued that Trump is immune to prosecution as a sitting President.

This is where we are at in this country. Interesting that the GOP, mostly Christians, are fine with this approach and way of thinking
      10-23-2019, 02:49 PM   #1269
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Not sure how these guys think this is going to help trump with the impeachment inquiry:

Republicans lawmakers disrupt Democratic-led Trump impeachment inquiry https://reut.rs/2JgRA4H

The Republicans stormed into a hearing room where Pentagon official Laura Cooper was due to testify behind closed doors, lawmakers and aides said.

In a dramatic confrontation during an escalating impeachment probe, Capitol police were called in to clear the room and bring order, a Republican congressional aide said.

The aide said the Republicans brought in cellphones to the room, a high-security facility where electronic devices are not allowed.
It's a circus. The House members are either trying to spin, for their base, that they're not being heard, OR they don't want to hear any more negative news because it's going to make it even harder for their fellow party members in the Senate to ignore if the House imoeaches Trump.

On side note, these House members apparently violated federal law by bringing their phones into the room. Time for Rep Gaetz (R-Fl) to get another mug shot?

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2019, 02:58 PM   #1270
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
It's a circus. The House members are either trying to spin, for their base, that they're not being heard, OR they don't want to hear any more negative news because it's going to make it even harder for their fellow party members in the Senate to ignore if the House imoeaches Trump.

On side note, these House members apparently violated federal law by bringing their phones into the room. Time for Rep Gaetz (R-Fl) to get another mug shot?
They are worried because the news just keeps getting worse and worse for them. Plus, their emperor and Dear Great Leader demanded that they get tougher so here ya go.
      10-23-2019, 02:59 PM   #1271
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
John Ratcliffe, a questioner during the hearing, live interview this morning: "we are not permitted to repeat what was said during the hearing but we are allowed to say what was NOT said."
as i mentioned, this is from live TV so no, i haven't a citation for it yet but i think we'll know pretty soon what's true. I have noted however that members on both sides interviewed as they leave the room as well as elsewhere in the Capital never offer direct quotes or summaries of quotes.
the only quotes, marked with quotation marks, I've seen are in the media. they are leaks.
Well, all I can say is that McCarthy had the opportunity to say whatever he wanted about how the Committee was being restricted regarding public comments, and he didn't say what Ratcliffe supposedly said.

Appreciate 2
      10-23-2019, 03:00 PM   #1272
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
They are worried because the news just keeps getting worse and worse for them. Plus, their emperor and Dear Great Leader demanded that they get tougher so here ya go.
Yep, Gaetz threw a temper tantrum and violated security protocols by "storming" the SCIF. Maybe even broke a law?
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12195.00

10-23-2019, 03:11 PM   #1273
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Yep, Gaetz threw a temper tantrum and violated security protocols by "storming" the SCIF. Maybe even broke a law?
I saw this - this was absolutely insane. Seriously, Gaetz should probably be thrown in jail for that and certainly removed from office.

Can you imagine what would have happened if you or I broke into a SCIF? If someone would have tried that in the SCIF I worked in at NSGA Kunia, they would have been shot on sight. Seriously, no joke, there is a 0% chance they would have made it past the cage without getting shot.
      10-23-2019, 03:16 PM   #1274
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Well, all I can say is that McCarthy had the opportunity to say whatever he wanted about how the Committee was being restricted regarding public comments, and he didn't say what Ratcliffe supposedly said.

well, still haven't got hard copy on exactly what the committee rules are on this, but I did notice this line from the Kevin McCarthy statement that I think you referred to. obviously not definitive but anyway I expect we'll have the truth on these rules sooner rather than later. hard to imagine that Radcliffe would have said what he said if he expected contradiction though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #1275
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:

This "underling" was the ambassador to Ukraine.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2019, 03:34 PM   #1276
Eriphill
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
They (the Ukrainians) certainly knew after the call. The aid was not released until September 11.
No they didn't. They had no idea until a full month after the call at the end of August.
Appreciate 0