M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion End of the U.S. - How will it end?

10-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #23
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

When the money printing stops, and/or EBT cards no longer work.
Appreciate 2
vreihen16684.50
lab_rat206.00

10-17-2019, 09:07 PM   #24
WestRace
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
When the money printing stops
That's what I thought too. But when you look around the world, all the printers are all working overtime, so that can't be it. It has to be something else.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 09:08 PM   #25
NickyC
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
That's what I thought too. But when you look around the world, all the printers are all working overtime, so that can't be it. It has to be something else.
It's gotta end sometime. Wealth gap cannot continue to widen at this pace or the plebs will get restless.
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2019, 09:12 PM   #26
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
It's gotta end sometime. Wealth gap cannot continue to widen at this pace or the plebs will get restless.
Hence why #stockpilingammo. Especially 12ga
Appreciate 3
      10-17-2019, 09:16 PM   #27
c63er
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

The same way Rome and almost every other large empire ended. It's not rocket science but people are good at obfuscation, motivated forgetting, whichever you want to call it, dealers choice.

How it ends is all there in the history books. Why? We are all human believe it or not, despite what all the sociopaths on the internet would have you believe, and we all fall prey to the same age old problems that simply repeat. Over and over. Over and over.

Of course the founding fathers in their true genius knew this very well and designed a system that could withstand all that in very simple elegance.

About 40 years ago we decided to hell with all that and began the erosion of our system. Then the Supreme Court finished the job by meddling in elections in 2010 and that was the end of the protections they gave us.

Every thing since has been the result of all that and our country is no longer bound by the protections the founders and their spiritual descendents gave us. We now follow the path of all large empires/powers that came before us.

Despite what you learned in world history 101, almost all world superpowers ended by the same factors and in the same way. There is no single great battle or war, that's history for simpletons as that's all that they can understand, singular points in time. The way things end are a gradual but steady flow of events.

You see almost the same things already having taken root here.

For those interested do some reading, The similarities to what you see around you and history and fascinating. To be living in history and to know what so many ppl before us were going through is eye opening and makes me feel as if I'm physically touching history.

For the rest of you, I'm sure you can google some idiotic article that fits your belief system. For the vast majority of you, it's better to scroll past here and talk about ww3.

Going back to the first paragraph of this post, Sinclair Lewis comes to mind doesn't he. What's this guy taking about? quick google it... You cannot escape human nature. The founding fathers created a buffer for us. When we removed that buffer that was the end.
MKSixer14951.50
lab_rat206.00

10-17-2019, 09:22 PM   #28
NickyC
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Problem with that is you're only one person, unless you join up with a militia or other like minded people. When SHTF, packs and groups will come looking for what you have and ten tons of ammo and MREs stacked in your basement won't help you solo.

Speaking of 12ga though I've seen some great deals lately. Got 250rds of 00 buck and 250rds of 1oz slugs for $210 total!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 09:24 PM   #29
WestRace
Captain
Rep

Hegel has a nice idea: thesis, antithesis and synthesis. Too bad in order to get to synthesis, it always invariably had gone through wars. With nuclear weapons, I have no idea how it will end.

"I don't know if there'll be WW III. But WW IV will surely be fought with stones and sticks" .... Einstein.

I am very good with sticks :-)
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2019, 09:25 PM   #30
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Problem with that is you're only one person, unless you join up with a militia or other like minded people. When SHTF, packs and groups will come looking for what you have and ten tons of ammo and MREs stacked in your basement won't help you solo.

Speaking of 12ga though I've seen some great deals lately. Got 250rds of 00 buck and 250rds of 1oz slugs for $210 total!
I'm insulin dependent so will only last #of shots I have left. But the 2 adult boys are well-heeled with the Mossberg. Get TF away from my chickens!!!
Appreciate 1
NickyC5329.00

10-17-2019, 09:30 PM   #31
NickyC
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'm insulin dependent so will only last #of shots I have left. But the 2 adult boys are well-heeled with the Mossberg. Get TF away from my chickens!!!
If you love your sons, you'll buy them both a Benelli M4.

I've got two, one I haven't cleaned in nearly three years and thousands of shells just to see what happens. Hasn't malfunctioned a single time.
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2019, 09:34 PM   #32
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
If you love your sons, you'll buy them both a Benelli M4.

I've got two, one I haven't cleaned in nearly three years and thousands of shells just to see what happens. Hasn't malfunctioned a single time.
Moss combo has been with me since Mom bought for me on 18th bday back in 1984, so ...
Short and long barrels, stock and pistol grip. 3" magnum slug with the pistol is a biatch, but certainly will clear a chicken coop

Clean? Is this one of those "rain" references????
Appreciate 1
NickyC5329.00

10-17-2019, 09:40 PM   #33
NickyC
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Moss combo has been with me since Mom bought for me on 18th bday back in 1984, so ...
Short and long barrels, stock and pistol grip. 3" magnum slug with the pistol is a biatch, but certainly will clear a chicken coop

Almost zero recoil with the Benelli, can shoot all day (even 3" magnum slugs) and no shoulder pain.

My dad who is 75 shoots with me every weekend, he says the Benelli M4 is the most amazing weapon he's ever shot.

They ARE worth the price!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 09:44 PM   #34
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Almost zero recoil with the Benelli, can shoot all day (even 3" magnum slugs) and no shoulder pain.

My dad who is 75 shoots with me every weekend, he says the Benelli M4 is the most amazing weapon he's ever shot.

They ARE worth the price!
Pistol grip and short barrel off the hip is simply wicked. If I put the stock on I have no issue with the 3. My youngest is the deadeye.

We demoed the Bens on a range, I couldn't justify the double in price
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 10:52 PM   #35
WestRace
Captain
Rep

Although it may not be an end to America, what's happening to Boeing is trouble some. An ill-advised software issue with the 737MAX, the delay of the 777X, and an (ex) CEO that seems to know more about golf than airplane all add up to a trend that hopefully will not a trend.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 05:56 AM   #36
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Pistol grip and short barrel off the hip is simply wicked. If I put the stock on I have no issue with the 3. My youngest is the deadeye.

We demoed the Bens on a range, I couldn't justify the double in price
$1800?

Appreciate 1
MKSixer14951.50

10-18-2019, 06:46 AM   #37
vreihen16
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by c63er View Post
How it ends is all there in the history books. Why? We are all human believe it or not, despite what all the sociopaths on the internet would have you believe, and we all fall prey to the same age old problems that simply repeat. Over and over. Over and over.
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.....
      10-18-2019, 07:58 AM   #38
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by c63er View Post
The same way Rome and almost every other large empire ended. It's not rocket science but people are good at obfuscation, motivated forgetting, whichever you want to call it, dealers choice.

Of course the founding fathers in their true genius knew this very well and designed a system that could withstand all that in very simple elegance.

About 40 years ago we decided to hell with all that and began the erosion of our system. Then the Supreme Court finished the job by meddling in elections in 2010 and that was the end of the protections they gave us.

Every thing since has been the result of all that and our country is no longer bound by the protections the founders and their spiritual descendents gave us. We now follow the path of all large empires/powers that came before us.

Despite what you learned in world history 101, almost all world superpowers ended by the same factors and in the same way. There is no single great battle or war, that's history for simpletons as that's all that they can understand, singular points in time. The way things end are a gradual but steady flow of events.

You see almost the same things already having taken root here.

For those interested do some reading, The similarities to what you see around you and history and fascinating. To be living in history and to know what so many ppl before us were going through is eye opening and makes me feel as if I'm physically touching history.

For the rest of you, I'm sure you can google some idiotic article that fits your belief system. For the vast majority of you, it's better to scroll past here and talk about ww3.

Going back to the first paragraph of this post, Sinclair Lewis comes to mind doesn't he. What's this guy taking about? quick google it... You cannot escape human nature. The founding fathers created a buffer for us. When we removed that buffer that was the end.
It's good to see you back and posting. I was going to cut to the chase and post an image of The History of the Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire. I'd love for everyone to post their own, "We are Here" opinion based on the entire tome.
Attached Images

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Fair and objective hearings don't take place in secret.
Appreciate 2
      10-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #39
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Not a solution..you would be better off dead it it comes to that. Also nuclear plants will all melt down and slow death by radiation.
My wife and I have already agreed I/we need just a couple bullets at our age.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 04:40 PM   #40
WestRace
Captain
Rep

Damn how this thread has become so apocalyptic. We are talking about the end of the US, not the end of the entire earth. Even if there is a full scale nuclear war, it's possible some types of people may be able adapt and mutate into some other life forms that can better withstand with radiation. Roaches will probably do well.

Maybe there are mine shafts somewhere ...
Appreciate 0