M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Should I "swap" my M6 for the M8?

10-17-2019, 09:18 AM   #1
JamesM61982
Registered
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 4,4 Gran Coupé aut. 4d

Should I "swap" my M6 for the M8?

Hello everyone

So, here is the situation:

I'm very fond of my M6, but I feel like trying something new. Ever since the M8 was announced, I've been eyeing it up as a replacement for my M6, but I have not quite decided whether or not to replace it, yet.

I use my M6 as my daily driver. Does anyone know how comfortable the M8 is compared to the M6 (2016 model year), and if there are any other things to take into consideration, when it comes to this comparison, and the M8 in general?

- I love the looks of the M8, and if it is just as comfortable as the M6, and don't have any downsides compared to the M6, then I think I have myself a new daily driver.
      10-17-2019, 01:35 PM   #2
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

I had a M6 F13 coupe as my daily driver for 3 years. it was a great car and mine had light mods to make around 717hp with akrapovic exhaust, Dinan tuning and Gruppe M intake along with AMS downpipes. The new M8 feels more solid and planted, its wider and it has all wheel drive which is noticeable in wet pavement. I floored the new M8 comp in the rain and it just went, no drama, no fuss. My M6 would have been sideways. Overall no question the new car is more comfortable. As for driving feel that is debatable. The older car has a DCT which is fast and smooth when driven hard. The newer car has a ZF 8 speed and although M tuned and fast not as dynamic. That is the largest difference. Engines are very similar but the newer engine has dual vane turbos instead of the single vane turbos in the M6, That and improved stock intercoolers and boost make more power and a wider torque band. you really should drive the new car. I did and it was what I expected. Of note the older car feels roomier and less cramped, this new M8 is bulkier on the inside and less headroom. I just saw you have a GC. The newer GC is similar in size and larger than the coupe and convertible as far as headroom and width and not just length. It will probably be very similar interior wise to your car.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 3
Ozzie8641.00
jjasonSU194.00