M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion https://bmwperformancecenter.com/indy-fullday/

09-06-2023, 09:17 PM   #1
Remington
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 SSG M8 Competition

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/indy-fullday/

Has anyone done the one day Indy performance center program? If so, what did you enjoy the most, would you do it again, was it worth the price, etc.? TIA.
      09-15-2023, 08:53 PM   #2
Remington
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 SSG M8 Competition

I did the Indy all day M experience last Sunday and for me it was well worth the money and time.

First, to drive the Indy road course was a bucket list item for me. I'd never been to IMS and the sheer size of it is overwhelming. Really, a golf course and a road course inside an oval? Effing unbelievable.

The 33 folks in the class met on the 6th floor of the pagoda for a continental breakfast followed by a classroom session to discuss proper driver positioning, braking, accelerating, turning, apexes, turn in points. This was reinforcement for many and news to others. Students ranged from a 19 year old female college student (who had the best autocross time) to an 80 year old speed demon.

We drove M3s and M4s on the track in multiple lead/follow sessions with an instructor in the morning. You drive half the track, alternating between halfs. Other sessions include a skid pad with M3s and a timed autocross with M2s.

After lunch--which was a deliciously catered meal in the pagoda--is the full track. It's lead/follow with an instructor with speeds of 150 mph on the front straight and flat out through the rest of the course. What fun.

But, the day isn't done. You suit up in a helmet and HANS device for a couple of laps as a passenger in last year's M4 GT4. Turns out it doesn't have the power of the M cars we just drove, but it is much lighter and quicker. What a fun lap with the main takeaway being hard braking is the key to going fast around a track.

All in all, a great day.

Is it worth the money? Only you can decide that.
      09-15-2023, 10:53 PM   #3
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

I've done M school in Spartanburg and M Track days twice now at Indy. The track day is definitely not a full on M school type experience but it's still fun and great deal for the money. Here's the video I made from 2 weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/_4eUdMGCRGU?si=WG6G8oxAtsKmAZx0
Appreciate 1
Remington307.50