M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Carwow - BMW M8 GC v Audi RS6 v AMG E63 S v Porsche Panamera - DRAG RACE

09-21-2020, 09:15 PM   #45
dee0007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee0007 View Post
It's an observation from experience driving. People that buy those cars are not ur typically 0-60 dudes , trust that. I have no idea where u from but where I'm from people in cars like that do not try to do a 0-60 launches. I have t come across any. U watch too many YouTube videos buddy.
Most of the people I see in M cars simply buy it for the badge/look, they couldn't care about what's under the hood. I have fond memories of having to explain to customers in the service center that BMW's use I6's and not V6's
You're right , especially newer M cars. It's like the more expensive the car is the less hard driven it is. Not me , I drive my 1m daily with traction off and prefer twisties.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00
      09-21-2020, 09:18 PM   #46
dee0007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's an observation from experience driving. People that buy those cars are not ur typically 0-60 dudes , trust that. I have no idea where u from but where I'm from people in cars like that do not try to do a 0-60 launches. I have t come across any. U watch too many YouTube videos buddy.
Most of the people I see in M cars simply buy it for the badge/look, they couldn't care about what's under the hood. I have fond memories of having to explain to customers in the service center that BMW's use I6's and not V6's
I especially like the dude that drives an s4 on my way to work sometimes , with a license plate "lol bye" and for some funny reason he always gets stuck behind , how ironic :P
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00
      09-21-2020, 09:19 PM   #47
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
You're right , especially newer M cars. It's like the more expensive the car is the less hard driven it is. Not me , I drive my 1m daily with traction off and prefer twisties.
Same here, every time I grab the keys to my Z4M, I start her up, put the top down and turn off DSC. No mode setting, no choosing how harsh I want the transmission, or how much engine response I want, or the weight in steering, just get in and go and drive it like I stole it!
      09-21-2020, 09:23 PM   #48
dee0007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Same here, every time I grab the keys to my Z4M, I start her up, put the top down and turn off DSC. No mode setting, no choosing how harsh I want the transmission, or how much engine response I want, or the weight in steering, just get in and go and drive it like I stole it!
Yea man, fun little car. So much livelier with traction off huh? And once u master the drifting on turns especially with such a short wheelbase , it's so rewarding.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00
      09-21-2020, 09:24 PM   #49
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Hey all I'm saying is facts. I'm not taking about u directly , u might be that guy. My point is simple and I guess ur opinion is much different. People with cars like those, very very rarely do 0-60 of a light or try to race u, on the street. So my point is it's irrelevant for 98% of those people that can actually afford those cars and that do launch them. You might be living in Lal's land fool to think that's happening , but it's cute how ur convincing urslef. Lol wtf do u drive ?
No--you're saying "opinions"--a common archetype on these forums but, nonetheless wrong and, still very different things.

I am cute--my mum and my wife both say so.

// let's not forget the pointless "lol", so lol

As for what I drive... jeez, it's a fucking car forum, look it up ya pleb.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 09:28 PM   #50
dee0007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Hey all I'm saying is facts. I'm not taking about u directly , u might be that guy. My point is simple and I guess ur opinion is much different. People with cars like those, very very rarely do 0-60 of a light or try to race u, on the street. So my point is it's irrelevant for 98% of those people that can actually afford those cars and that do launch them. You might be living in Lal's land fool to think that's happening , but it's cute how ur convincing urslef. Lol wtf do u drive ?
No--you're saying "opinions"--a common archetype on these forums but, nonetheless wrong and, still, very different things.

Lol cuz I'm laughing at u. Yes I could only imagine u and ur new m8 doing 0-60 off a light with the rs6 speed demon right beside u. Yea sure there bud bud. And I'm sure u do that daily and ur an awesome driver. M8 is not a drivers car. Gt4 is. M8 is for older dudes to brag to their buddies how much money they have or how much hp they have h set the hood. Or bad ass mf like u that race them daily "lol"
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 09:35 PM   #51
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol cuz I'm laughing at u. Yes I could only imagine u and ur new m8 doing 0-60 off a light with the rs6 speed demon right beside u. Yea sure there bud bud. And I'm sure u do that daily and ur an awesome driver. M8 is not a drivers car. Gt4 is. M8 is for older dudes to brag to their buddies how much money they have or how much hp they have h set the hood. Or bad ass mf like u that race them daily "lol"
Good one; I and all of the other folks here with expensive cars are floored.

What's a bud bud--is that a "tick"?

By the way, is there a point in here amongst the drivel?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 09:39 PM   #52
dee0007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Good one; I and all of the other folks here with expensive cars are floored.

What's a bud bud--is that a "tick"?

By the way, is there a point in here amongst the drivel?
I didn't say expensive cars. I said "those expensive" specifically. Ok there cute M8 boy. So you take you car out for a Sunday drive, and I take it you come across many cute guys like urself in the same cars shown on the video and u guys race of the street lights and hit 100+ mph yea ? Hehehe oh man. Hey, it's all good , nice car , enjoy it , u speed demon u.
Too bad u don't live around here so u can show me how fast ur car is off a street light, Never came across one....
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 09:41 PM   #53
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I didn't say expensive cars. I said "those expensive" specifically. Ok there cute M8 boy. So you take you car out for a Sunday drive, and I take it you come across many cute guys like urself in the same cars shown on the video and u guys race of the street lights and hit 100+ mph yea ? Hehehe oh man. Hey, it's all good , nice car , enjoy it , u speed demon u.
Too bad u don't live around here so u can show me how fast ur car is off a street light, Never came across one....
Try moving to a more affluent location LOL? // I think I've got the hang of this LOL thing now

I almost forgot: your point again was...?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 09:55 PM   #54
dee0007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Try moving to a more affluent location LOL? // I think I've got the hang of this LOL thing now

My point Andretti is that ur full of shit.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4423.50
      09-21-2020, 09:56 PM   #55
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My point Andretti is that ur full of shit.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7836.00
      09-21-2020, 10:12 PM   #56
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Well that escalated quickly.....
itsmabs180.00
///M4TT150.00
      09-22-2020, 12:20 AM   #57
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

I agree that it isn't that common for people in fast cars to drive quickly but my car would be at full throttle above 5000rpm at least once a day.

Today I did it twice in a tunnel to hear the exhaust but it turns out that I just spun the tyres the whole way through second from 3000rpm to 7200rpm but ohh well, it was still fun

Cars are meant to be driven. What I find is more amusing is people that have a rubbish daily car to 'preserve' their M car for the weekends. My M6 goes everywhere, thats the point of an M car.

I'd forgive someone for having an F1 and not driving it every day though

dee0007 how many miles does your 1M have on it and do you daily it?
      09-22-2020, 06:26 AM   #58
Belugs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i, 2012 528i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Sure did! I got confused half way into the escalation
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00
      09-22-2020, 06:29 AM   #59
Belugs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No--you're saying "opinions"--a common archetype on these forums but, nonetheless wrong and, still, very different things.

I'm in my mid 30's and have an M8 on order. Most of the above 60's surgeons at my wife's job drive Porsche GT's. Get the point?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 07:01 AM   #60
dee0007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belugs View Post
Quote:
Hey all I did was to agree with another person and stated my opinion from driving everyday. I never came across anyone that has those cars and drives them like I drove my car. Never! I'm not saying that there are people that don't , I just said simply that I never came across one that's all and I think many realistic people would agree with me. I'm just speaking from my experience. Also what I said even if u own one of those cars and u do like to push it , very rarely u will push it against another person with a similar car like that and not to those speeds. Real life situations are much different. Who here seen a top model panamera and a new m8 take off from a light full fucking throttle ??? Even to 60m/hr never mind 1/4 mile, not me. That's all I said , I would be surprised to see that since 98% of people that buy those cars are not about that. And even if someone was like mr Andretti over there that argued about it and thought I'm totally wrong. How often are u gone do that and is it worth the money?? And lot comes to driver experience not what u drive. But hey maybe down in Florida people do that daily , I might be wrong lol I'm just saying where I'm at people don't do that in those expensive new cars as shown in that video.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00
      09-22-2020, 07:05 AM   #61
dee0007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm in my mid 30's and have an M8 on order. Most of the above 60's surgeons at my wife's job drive Porsche GT's. Get the point?
Still doesn't matter. I still have yet to see drag races of any of those two cars in real life or pushing over 80mph on the highway against each other. Still haven't seen it. Very rare occasion was my point. But I guess where u live it's a daily occurrence cuz u so strongly disagree with me.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 07:10 AM   #62
Belugs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey all I did was to agree with another person and stated my opinion from driving everyday. I never came across anyone that has those cars and drives them like I drove my car. Never! I'm not saying that there are people that don't , I just said simply that I never came across one that's all and I think many realistic people would agree with me. I'm just speaking from my experience. Also what I said even if u own one of those cars and u do like to push it , very rarely u will push it against another person with a similar car like that and not to those speeds. Real life situations are much different. Who here seen a top model panamera and a new m8 take off from a light full fucking throttle ??? Even to 60m/hr never mind 1/4 mile, not me. That's all I said , I would be surprised to see that since 98% of people that buy those cars are not about that. And even if someone was like mr Andretti over there that argued about it and thought I'm totally wrong. How often are u gone do that and is it worth the money?? And lot comes to driver experience not what u drive. But hey maybe down in Florida people do that daily , I might be wrong lol I'm just saying where I'm at people don't do that in those expensive new cars as shown in that video.
Its cool mate. These forums are for us to share ideas and exchange opinions, not to argue over whose opinion is right or wrong. We can have differing opinions and still discuss them like adults.
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00
      09-22-2020, 07:13 AM   #63
Belugs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Still doesn't matter. I still have yet to see drag races of any of those two cars in real life or pushing over 80mph on the highway against each other. Still haven't seen it. Very rare occasion was my point. But I guess where u live it's a daily occurrence cuz u so strongly disagree with me.
Where I live in Texas u don't see drag races all the time but every now and then u see a few American muscle car, BMW M, GT, AMG drivers etc. doing rolling races or stop light races. Not all the time but you definitely see them. I have done a few myself.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 07:18 AM   #64
dee0007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
I agree that it isn't that common for people in fast cars to drive quickly but my car would be at full throttle above 5000rpm at least once a day.

Today I did it twice in a tunnel to hear the exhaust but it turns out that I just spun the tyres the whole way through second from 3000rpm to 7200rpm but ohh well, it was still fun

Cars are meant to be driven. What I find is more amusing is people that have a rubbish daily car to 'preserve' their M car for the weekends. My M6 goes everywhere, thats the point of an M car.

I'd forgive someone for having an F1 and not driving it every day though

dee0007 how many miles does your 1M have on it and do you daily it?
Yes I daily it, have a lot of miles on it already and drive with traction off simply cuz it's just a completely different car. I currently have a mhd on it which makes about 420hp also makes it much more alive. What do u drive ? And listen I get it, if I owned one of those cars I would push it too (most people that own them don't!) but I just don't see people pulling up in their new m8 and rs6s and trying to race u off a light lol how often do u do that against someone that drives a car like urs? And of it does it's a short little run , nothing what u see on the videos. Is it just me and the other dude that thinks that or am I living in a city that it only happens lol
And by the way for me and my driving style , there is nothing really fun about that , it gets old really quickly and it's obvious what will happen. The faster car wins , big deal, boring, no skills required (if u have launch control).
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00
      09-22-2020, 07:20 AM   #65
dee0007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Its cool mate. These forums are for us to share ideas and exchange opinions, not to argue over whose opinion is right or wrong. We can have differing opinions and still discuss them like adults.
I was an adult about it , I just agreed with another user and simply stated a fact or at least my opinion in true life situations. Buddy came across like I'm nuts for saying that.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 07:24 AM   #66
dee0007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where I live in Texas u don't see drag races all the time but every now and then u see a few American muscle car, BMW M, GT, AMG drivers etc. doing rolling races or stop light races. Not all the time but you definitely see them. I have done a few myself.
See u missed my point which I thought I was pretty clear about , u mentioned cars that I didn't. I specifically was speaking about the cars shown in that video. How many times did u Personally seen any of those cars and exact models, new, drag race against each other ???
And even if u have, I said it's a very rare occurrence in real life. U can argue all u want my friend , and hey maybe in Texas is what these guys that own those cars do. But in my experience and option here in Toronto , I don't see it . That's all I said
Appreciate 0