M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Rear Fog lights in European model 8 series

07-23-2020, 07:49 AM   #1
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Rear Fog lights in European model 8 series

Would anyone with a Euro spec 8 series be able to check for me when you select the rear fog lights on if only the driver side rear fog illuminate, or do both sides illuminate?
Other series differentiate LHD and RHD in the Newtis wiring diagrams, but the ECE Version for the 8's doesn't make this differentiation.

Thanks in advance!
      07-23-2020, 01:57 PM   #2
Paolo73
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 YMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMofoFrog View Post
Would anyone with a Euro spec 8 series be able to check for me when you select the rear fog lights on if only the driver side rear fog illuminate, or do both sides illuminate?
Other series differentiate LHD and RHD in the Newtis wiring diagrams, but the ECE Version for the 8's doesn't make this differentiation.

Thanks in advance!
Both side in Europe LHD[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-23-2020, 02:30 PM   #3
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo73 View Post
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Both side in Europe LHD[IMG][/IMG]
Thank you!! That's perfect! Nice car by the way!
      07-23-2020, 10:05 PM   #4
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
did you get rear fog to work?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 10:37 PM   #5
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
did you get rear fog to work?
I'll keep you posted. I'll be running the wire to the rear fog lights from the BDC in the coming days... my wife got the idea we needed wainscoting in our front entrance and stairway, which has slightly delayed my progress🙈. I have the euro tail lights that I'll install after and code at that time. I'll take some pictures and report back on my progress as I go.
      07-24-2020, 10:19 PM   #6
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

sounds complicated for me, I'm just used to switching the light switch and coding. on another note, are the blinkers red or amber?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 08:19 AM   #7
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
sounds complicated for me, I'm just used to switching the light switch and coding. on another note, are the blinkers red or amber?
My car is a Canadian/NA spec M850i and has red turn signals tied to the brake light. I ordered the European taillights which have the separated, amber turn signals. I also ordered the light switch module (European) that has the rear fog light button, which is missing from the NA ones.

... and yes, complicated🙈