M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Feeler- looking forward someone to assume my m8 lease- $1509 base payment

07-07-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Feeler- looking forward someone to assume my m8 lease- $1509 base payment

Been back and forth with the idea of getting something more practical. Posting it here first before I get more serious and put it on swapalease.

Still the lowest payment I have seen online and on swapalease

2020 M8 Comp Dravit Gray with Silverstone interior. Complete build in picture. Added full service option which includes full brakes Included. M performance driving school has not been used. I assume that would transfer with the car

36 months- 10k a year. Currently 3800 miles on it
Car will come with IND painted reflectors and 30 percent ceramic tint all windows

Lease end 12/2022

Base payment 1509.19 + your associated sales tax.

Buyer would need to pay back my 7 months of security deposits before swap is complete. You will receive the funds back from BMW financial at lease end

Pics on request
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 06:27 PM   #2
Amgeater2
Major
Rep
Drives: X6M, M8, Mc 600LT, 296GTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
Been back and forth with the idea of getting something more practical. Posting it here first before I get more serious and put it on swapalease.

2020 M8 Comp Dravit Gray with Silverstone interior. Complete build in picture. Added full service option which includes full brakes Included. M performance driving school has not been used. I assume that would transfer with the car

Car will come with IND painted reflectors and 30 percent ceramic tint all windows

Lease end 12/2022

Buyer would need to pay back my 7 months of security deposits before swap is complete. You will receive the funds back from BMW financial at lease end

Pics on request
You are going to have to add some serious incentive, as you can get this deal without MSDs
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      07-11-2020, 01:02 PM   #3
E31BMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgeater2 View Post
Quote:

Lease end 12/2022

Pics on request
You are going to have to add some serious incentive, as you can get this deal without MSDs
That is absolutely not true. You can get a 160k M8 competition with 10k a year with nothing down? Let me know what dealer offers this.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 04:03 PM   #4
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
On a vert, yes--I've seen that and much better. On a Coupe, I haven't. On a Gran Coupe, hell no.
Appreciate 1
Al Pinã1839.50
      07-11-2020, 08:17 PM   #5
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

i doubt this as others mentioned on a comp. even the brokers on swapalease advertising a higher payment

this is still the lowest payment i have seen on a comp at this sticker and not asking for a down but just MSD.

if you have seen lower prob not by much

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 09:43 PM   #6
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
On a vert, yes--I've seen that and much better. On a Coupe, I haven't. On a Gran Coupe, hell no.
Quote:
i doubt this as others mentioned on a comp. even the brokers on swapalease advertising a higher payment

this is still the lowest payment i have seen on a comp at this sticker and not asking for a down but just MSD.

if you have seen lower prob not by much
I'd say it's a great deal considering it's about $160 cheaper per month (calculated the tax in) vs my same 3-year 10K and MSDs for my M850i. I got somewhat fleeced as with literally only 10 allocations for 2020 M850i's for the US by the time my 2nd order landed my dealer would not budge on anything greater than 6% discount plus loyalty.

I'm still happy that I bought the car as there are literally only four 2020 M850i coupe's on the ground now with anything close to my build and color wise (interior/exterior) I would not touch any of them with a 10 foot pole even at a 12 to 18% discount. Life is too short to compromise.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 03:14 AM   #7
GdayM8
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Gran Coupe

That's not a bad deal at all considering the MSRP. the deal I got was pretty good.

$0 Down Sign and Drive. ($1700 tags, titles, broker fees + tax etc.)
No MSDs. Nothing Down.
$1647/Mo. 10k/36Mos.
$2k off first two payments May Deal. (1st two payments were $599)
Add that = $0 Down, $1597/mo on a $145k MSRP.

I used forum.leasehackrs and found Daniel from the East Coast who found me a 1 of 1 color combo and 1 of 2 currently at any U.S. BMW dealership with the amazing 2013 Retro Interior they brought back from a special M6 Series,.up dated for this beast. The interior is almost Bentley quality when decked out in Individual Two-Tone Ivory/Tartufo Full Merino. It's a stunner. I am currently completely perplexed and also bummed out at the choice of materials for things like the center console, the seat adjustment buttons are cheap plastic and it has an individual piano black interior I really don't know why they make that an option that cost money because it is really not a good choice at all and they should make that standard. Let's be Honest. I remember my pop had an old Jaguar with Piano Black Trim. It was really heavily lacquered, really rock hard and stuff, and had a slight mirror effect to it. Can someone please explain to me what is this company thinking calling this piano blackwood when it's literally cheap plastic with ABSOLUTELY NO WOOD in it? WHAAAA!!

The worst offer was $14.5k Down, $2398/mo = $100k/3yrs
Then 2 other dealers quoted $8k Down, $2100/mo. = 83k/3yrs

To put that into perspective, the worst deal was literally $40k more. The other 2 deals... $23k more. I got the Covid hookup FR.

Last edited by GdayM8; 07-12-2020 at 03:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 04:14 PM   #8
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Does BMW still do lease transfer processing? Mercedes killed that completely; from temporary to permanent, at least as it stands right now.

No more MB swapalease...
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      07-13-2020, 04:23 PM   #9
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Does BMW still do lease transfer processing? Mercedes killed that completely; from temporary to permanent, at least as it stands right now.

No more MB swapalease...
Tell me about it. I hate MB FS (MB themselves aren't so bad).

Last I checked, lease assumptions are still a thing with BMW FS (that's perhaps a week or so stale).
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 04:29 PM   #10
E31BMW
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post

No more MB swapalease...
I was able to find out that MB will resume transfers but they don't know when. They said hopefully in a couple of months.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 04:32 PM   #11
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E31BMW View Post
I was able to find out that MB will resume transfers but they don't know when. They said hopefully in a couple of months.
I called them yesterday--they said "indefinitely".

I have an AMG GLC43 on SwapAlease right now that hopes you're correct!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 09:55 PM   #12
E31BMW
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
I called them yesterday--they said "indefinitely".

I have an AMG GLC43 on SwapAlease right now that hopes you're correct!
I attempted to swap into a c63s and spoke with an inexperienced MB financial rep who also chose the word "indefinitely". I called the owner of the c63 who later called MB himself and was told they have staff who handles this in a remote office, but they are all working from home. Since the assumptions team needs to be in the office to complete an assumption, they will need to wait until they can come back to resume. I called and was told the same thing. They aren't dropping the assumptions altogether. They also have no clue when they will pick it back up. They asked me to call at the end of July to get an update.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4423.50
      07-15-2020, 12:02 AM   #13
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

the issue with most companies is if they allow a lease assumption the original owner is still liable. bmw allows full assumption.

if you got a decent deal on a bmw you will have to swap the lease not to lose your shirt.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 07:58 AM   #14
E31BMW
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
the issue with most companies is if they allow a lease assumption the original owner is still liable. bmw allows full assumption.

if you got a decent deal on a bmw you will have to swap the lease not to lose your shirt.
Mercedes and a large number of other manufacturers allow full transfer without the original owner's liability as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 08:35 AM   #15
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mercedes and a large number of other manufacturers allow full transfer without the original owner's liability as well.
Agreed (well, MB did... and perhaps will again as already discussed). Most of the big players do in my experience. VW is the elephant in the corner here which, of course, poisons quite the gamut of vehicle types and demographics--their claim to support lease assumption is rendered absurd by the fine print.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 02:24 PM   #16
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

quote: You are going to have to add some serious incentive, as you can get this deal without MSDs[/QUOTE]
That is absolutely not true. You can get a 160k M8 competition with 10k a year with nothing down? Let me know what dealer offers this.[/QUOTE]

I know a dealer.
My salesman at BMW dealership of Alexandria just offered me a brand new fully loaded $160k M8 lease with $0 down
for $1200.00 USD per month. link below, it looks similar to yours.
However I didn't get into the detailing to see there was any fine print. but for $1,200 monthly it seems like a good deal.

https://www.bmwofalexandria.com/deta...hicleNumValXS=
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 11:23 PM   #17
Al Pinã
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

These cars were selling slower than molasses BEFORE the Covid fiasco. Not surprised at all with these insanely low lease rates. Hopefully it continues so I can snatch up a GC in a month or two.
      07-19-2020, 12:02 AM   #18
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
These cars were selling slower than molasses BEFORE the Covid fiasco. Not surprised at all with these insanely low lease rates. Hopefully it continues so I can snatch up a GC in a month or two.
Do it!!
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2020, 08:23 PM   #19
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
quote: You are going to have to add some serious incentive, as you can get this deal without MSDs
That is absolutely not true. You can get a 160k M8 competition with 10k a year with nothing down? Let me know what dealer offers this.[/QUOTE]

I know a dealer.
My salesman at BMW dealership of Alexandria just offered me a brand new fully loaded $160k M8 lease with $0 down
However I didn't get into the detailing to see there was any fine print. but for $1,200 monthly it seems like a good deal.

https://www.bmwofalexandria.com/deta...hicleNumValXS=[/QUOTE]

Wow, $1200 per month on an M8? I never thought I would see that.
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 2
soooma1376.50
      07-20-2020, 12:21 PM   #20
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

the color combo listed with the white/ tartufo has always been heavily discounted. wasn’t much interest in the combo. i was getting more than 20 percent off the exact color car in Dec last year. this combo is common launch specs

i got pretty close to 20 percent with incentives to get my lease payment. if you use the general 1000 less in sales price would reduce payment by 30 bucks. prob another 10k in reduction.

good deal if you are ok with the specs. pretty sure there is a bunch of trunk money on the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
quote: You are going to have to add some serious incentive, as you can get this deal without MSDs

I know a dealer.

https://www.bmwofalexandria.com/deta...hicleNumValXS=[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 12:26 PM   #21
rudling
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix

It's a launch edition. Dealers have extra trunk money (or something similar) on them, so they can discount them very deeply. If you happen to like the specific color combos, it's a great opportunity.

As far as I can tell, those are
(for the coupe)
BSM with white/tartufo interior, and
white with sakhir interior

(for the convertible)
motegi red with beige interior and
dravit grey with silverstone interior

There may be others. Not sure about the GC or competition models. Other (less "niche") color combos are not as deeply discounted, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo
I know a dealer.

https://www.bmwofalexandria.com/deta...hicleNumValXS=
Appreciate 3
soooma1376.50
      07-21-2020, 09:38 PM   #22
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Apparently it's now $1700 /mo; but it was $1250 about 3 months ago. I guess everyone is buying cars now. Supply and demand shifted in six months.
Also I think I had 5k miles instead of 7 or 10k now.

In any event, looks like car prices went up 20-30% post COVID from pre COVID.
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50