M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Clicking from seat track or center console

06-17-2020, 12:15 PM   #1
Pictor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50 & 2020 M850i

Garage List
Clicking from seat track or center console

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Has anyone experienced clicking from the seat or center console area near the seatbelts while the car is under load? It's hard for me to pinpoint the exact location but it sounds like something I experienced in one of my past BMW's (E39 or E60). It happens on my G16 on occasion and it's fairly easy to repeat (on most days) when accelerating while making a right turn up a hill. I get a series of 3-5 or 6 clicks at ~500ms intervals which makes me think it's coming from my seat track. The center console compartments are empty so I know it's not something rattling around in there.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 05:32 PM   #2
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
Has anyone experienced clicking from the seat or center console area near the seatbelts while the car is under load? It's hard for me to pinpoint the exact location but it sounds like something I experienced in one of my past BMW's (E39 or E60). It happens on my G16 on occasion and it's fairly easy to repeat (on most days) when accelerating while making a right turn up a hill. I get a series of 3-5 or 6 clicks at ~500ms intervals which makes me think it's coming from my seat track. The center console compartments are empty so I know it's not something rattling around in there.
Wouldn't be surprised. I had the seat track replaced in my 750 after 4 months of ownership. Mine would click every time I accelerated and each time I braked. Completely maddening in a 6-figure car.
      06-18-2020, 01:07 PM   #3
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

They fixed the creaks and replaced my cup holders and that made a huge improvement from the center console noises. Ask your dealer.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 09:01 PM   #4
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
So far no creaks but then again with the B&W audio running at 50% not sure I'd be able to hear them anyway. However, tomorrow I'm heading out to San Diego with the wife for a 6 day get away for some quality time at the resort we're staying at plus several get togethers with our son and his wife.

I'm looking forward to the drive as it will be the longest road trip to date and several fun stretches of highway to take advantage of. With the wife in the car I'll be lucky if I can get the B&W to 20% so if there are any seat rails, cup holders, etc. creaks I'll be hearing them for the first time. Fingers crossed nothing surfaces but if it does it will be time to visit my dealer when I'm back in town.
Appreciate 0