M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Official BMW M8 Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread

05-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #67
Belugs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i, 2012 528i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus2310 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
The discount could be better IMO. Over $30k off should not represent any issues with loyalty.
I would also confirm base MF of .00118 (looks close from a distance but easy to confirm)...

The new May rates/MF should come out shortly too so that's worth the wait.
Thank you, I thought the rates were already released?

I will confirm the MF, when (or maybe if) BMW shows some willingness on my current lease, which I find surprising. The M8 can't be easy to move even without a global pandemic...
Yea the MF stayed the same as April MF 0.00118%
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2020, 05:12 PM   #68
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you, I thought the rates were already released?

I will confirm the MF, when (or maybe if) BMW shows some willingness on my current lease, which I find surprising. The M8 can't be easy to move even without a global pandemic...
I missed the rate update 2 days ago
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2020, 05:16 PM   #69
markus2310
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 CP Convertible

Quote:
I missed the rate update 2 days ago
Would you know, if dealerships in different states are able to give different discounts? Over 30k seems pretty high, dealers here in SoCal basically tapped out when I showed them the offer from Texas.
Appreciate 2
soooma1373.00
      05-07-2020, 12:05 PM   #70
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Would you know, if dealerships in different states are able to give different discounts? Over 30k seems pretty high, dealers here in SoCal basically tapped out when I showed them the offer from Texas.
Others should be able to answer this better but AFAIK discounts are nation-wide and model-based (flagship/loyalty).Different markets just have different supply/demand.
Smaller dealers will be more aggressive as these cars are burning a hole in their pocket.

Our deal 5 months ago was $26k plus $3k loyalty (which I couldn't use coming from MB)...
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 03:59 PM   #71
markus2310
Rep

Quote:
Others should be able to answer this better but AFAIK discounts are nation-wide and model-based (flagship/loyalty).Different markets just have different supply/demand.
Smaller dealers will be more aggressive as these cars are burning a hole in their pocket.

Our deal 5 months ago was $26k plus $3k loyalty (which I couldn't use coming from MB)...
Thanks, maybe Los Angeles dealers can be a bit more "greedy" because they have more potential buyers here.

Either way, I approached 10+ dealerships and was able to secure similar offers, which would be absolutely amazing for me, if not for the M4 being rolled in.

With the 4 remaining payments rolled in, I'm looking/hoping to get at $1,700 with 5k down on a MSRP of $156,695, from a dealer within 50 miles from me.

I'm at 1,688/5k down on the original car, but that deal isn't as good since the MSRP is lower and I would need to get it shipped from Texas.

Now, this is OT, but how stain resistant is the Ivory Leather? I originally wanted black leather, but the car would have the Ivory/Tartufo combination.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 04:29 PM   #72
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Thanks, maybe Los Angeles dealers can be a bit more "greedy" because they have more potential buyers here.

Either way, I approached 10+ dealerships and was able to secure similar offers, which would be absolutely amazing for me, if not for the M4 being rolled in.

With the 4 remaining payments rolled in, I'm looking/hoping to get at $1,700 with 5k down on a MSRP of $156,695, from a dealer within 50 miles from me.

I'm at 1,688/5k down on the original car, but that deal isn't as good since the MSRP is lower and I would need to get it shipped from Texas.

Now, this is OT, but how stain resistant is the Ivory Leather? I originally wanted black leather, but the car would have the Ivory/Tartufo combination.
This is on an M8 Comp Coupe, right?

If so, yeah, this seems like a good deal to me. How do you guys pay tax on leases in your area--up front, or usage tax added to each lease payment?

I've only had Full Silverstone Merino which is pretty close to white. It would begin showing the blue from my jeans every few months but that would wipe off even with just water. I had the detail shop I take my cars to do a leather treatment to help it resist stains--that worked, too. Short story: don't worry about--just keep an eye on it and maintain as needed.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 04:45 PM   #73
markus2310
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
This is on an M8 Comp Coupe, right?

If so, yeah, this seems like a good deal to me. How do you guys pay tax on leases in your area--up front, or usage tax added to each lease payment?

I've only had Full Silverstone Merino which is pretty close to white. It would begin showing the blue from my jeans every few months but that would wipe off even with just water. I had the detail shop I take my cars to do a leather treatment to help it resist stains--that worked, too. Short story: don't worry about--just keep an eye on it and maintain as needed.
Yes, it’s the Coupe. The dealer I want it from is still $48 on the monthly rate away, hope they’ll be able to knock it off. The taxes are calculated into the monthly rate, so upfront if I understand your question right.

Thanks for the input on the leather!
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 05:37 PM   #74
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it’s the Coupe. The dealer I want it from is still $48 on the monthly rate away, hope they’ll be able to knock it off. The taxes are calculated into the monthly rate, so upfront if I understand your question right.

Thanks for the input on the leather!
Cool--seems like a good deal then!

Make sure they are building in the usage tax--I've been caught on that one a couple of times.

My opinion: don't lose the car over $48--it only takes one coincidental additional interested party and say ba bye...

Did you see this one: https://www.bmwofsandiego.com/invent...ae0c02lcd74870
... these guys gave me a good deal on my GC.

PS: I consciously select all of my leases (~1 new one per year) from CA or even TX and drive them home--it's a fantastic solitary few days of driving and alone time to get to know your car... it also eats away the break-in mileage. Of course, COVID has screwed that right up but figured I'd mention it.
Appreciate 2
LSM1118.00
      05-07-2020, 06:10 PM   #75
markus2310
Rep

Quote:
Cool--seems like a good deal then!

Make sure they are building in the usage tax--I've been caught on that one a couple of times.

My opinion: don't lose the car over $48--it only takes one coincidental additional interested party and say ba bye...

Did you see this one: https://www.bmwofsandiego.com/invent...ae0c02lcd74870
... these guys gave me a good deal on my GC.

PS: I consciously select all of my leases (~1 new one per year) from CA or even TX and drive them home--it's a fantastic solitary few days of driving and alone time to get to know your car... it also eats away the break-in mileage. Of course, COVID has screwed that right up but figured I'd mention it.
Good point, fortunately they were able to take those $48 off : ) I was thinking about the driving back, but yeah, COVID is one thing, the other is that this dealer gave me the best deal and is only 50 miles away.

I will check on that usage tax, but he specifically said the monthly 1700 include everything. EDIT: Includes everything, no hidden cost.

Last edited by markus2310; 05-07-2020 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 07:09 PM   #76
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Good point, fortunately they were able to take those $48 off : ) I was thinking about the driving back, but yeah, COVID is one thing, the other is that this dealer gave me the best deal and is only 50 miles away.

I will check on that usage tax, but he specifically said the monthly 1700 include everything.
You are in CA- no usage tax just tax on each payment. And if you have a cap cost reduction payment there will be sales tax on that.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 08:04 PM   #77
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
You are in CA- no usage tax just tax on each payment. And if you have a cap cost reduction payment there will be sales tax on that.
Usage tax in WA is on each payment, i.e. they tax you against the payment for the pleasure of using it. Where I'm at, it's 9.5%.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 08:15 PM   #78
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Quote:
Usage tax in WA is on each payment, i.e. they tax you against the payment for the pleasure of using it. Where I'm at, it's 9.5%.
Use tax is tax on the monthly payment common on leases. It's tax rate on payment. Sure better than having to pay entire tax of vehicle on lease like in some states.
      05-07-2020, 08:19 PM   #79
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Use tax is tax on the monthly payment common on leases. It's tax rate on payment. Sure better than having to pay entire tax of vehicle on lease like in some states.
Errr, isn't that what I said... perhaps you're just agreeing with me.

Agreed on the upfront alternative.
Appreciate 2
LSM1118.00
      05-08-2020, 08:46 AM   #80
mptpa
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
I wouldn't think so.....
Thank you, should BMW find it in their hearts to take my lease back early I have them calculate it without extended lease.

In general, I am 6 payments out on my lease end, car is pristine and has 13k out of 30k miles allowed, am I asking too much of BMW, to take it back without causing me friction on the new car?
They could settle that lease (market value vs lease left over) and start a. We one. I did this 1 1/2 years into mine from M4 to i8. Also tell them you will wait till lease is over or go to Porsche. There is always a way to make a deal happen if they are aggressive.
2015 M4 (ED Aug 2014) Austin Yellow/Sakhir Orange, EXEC, DCT, LED, Driver Assist (SOLD)
2015 328GT (ED Apr 15), White, loaded (Wife's)
2012 X3 2.8, Dark Blue/Red (Wife's SOLD)
Retired: 2011 535i, ED / 2008 335is / 2006 525i ED,
2003 525i ED / 2002 Audi TT
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2020, 09:21 AM   #81
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Interesting descriptor up North. For us its just sales tax because its the sales tax rate and follows it when its raised or lowered (only once if I remember via state base). Ours is 7.75% in the OC but if I lived in Compton the tax would be 10.25% because of the county and city bumps.

Try this, change your address (if you are leasing) to a place where sales tax is different, would your payment change? BMWFS charges tax based on the garage address.

Edit- maybe its just one and the same cause its tax on the use and they use sales tax as the factor. Either way you pay alot LOL.

Last edited by Vic55; 05-08-2020 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #82
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting descriptor up North. For us its just sales tax because its the sales tax rate and follows it when its raised or lowered (only once if I remember via state base). Ours is 7.75% in the OC but if I lived in Compton the tax would be 10.25% because of the county and city bumps.

Try this, change your address (if you are leasing) to a place where sales tax is different, would your payment change? BMWFS charges tax based on the garage address.

Edit- maybe its just one and the same cause its tax on the use and they use sales tax as the factor. Either way you pay alot LOL.
You're correct, they base the usage tax on the garaged address per the car insurance. I'm one of the lucky ones around here.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2020, 11:23 AM   #83
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yes agreeing with you! I was responding to other guys who was complaining about the use tax. I was saying better than some states where you pay full tax on msrp on leases.
      05-08-2020, 11:31 AM   #84
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes agreeing with you! I was responding to other guys who was complaining about the use tax. I was saying better than some states where you pay full tax on msrp on leases.
Got it.

I think NY state has to pay everything upfront which is literally the opposite of the whole point of a lease.

Then there's Alaska—> zero tax. Almost makes me want to live there. Almost.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #85
Da808dad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Got it.

I think NY state has to pay everything upfront which is literally the opposite of the whole point of a lease.

Don't you live in Washington State? What if you were to go down to Oregon and lease/purchase a car? Don't know how the usage tax is different there but I would think sales tax (lack of in Oregon) would make a huge difference?

I know before, folks in Hawaii used to go to Oregon to buy new cars because of no sales tax and then ship the car back here. But they changed Hawaii laws a few years ago and now you have to pay the sales tax on any new car being shipped in from out of state through a cargo shipping company. The shipping companies won't release the car down at the dock unless you pay the state sales tax. When the state first changed this requirement and folks didn't realize the change, they were getting screwed. One of my friends told me he was down at the dock to pick up a boat he had shipped through Matson here and a guy had bought a brand new MB in Cali and had it shipped here. Matson told him they wouldn't release the car to him until he paid the Hawaii sales tax and the guy was arguing with them that he already paid the Cali tax when he bought the car so shouldn't have to pay Hawaii sales tax on top of that.

The only way around this is to buy a car on the mainland and keep it up there for a month or so to get regular non-temp tags and then ship it here as at that point they no longer consider it a new car and the new law doesn't require used cars to follow the same.
Appreciate 2
soooma1373.00
      05-08-2020, 12:17 PM   #86
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Got it.

Indeed NY hits tax on the sum of the lease payments. But things are even worse in states like Texas where the tax on a lease is based off the full negotiated price of the car!!!

Leasing in Texas is not favorable unless one has unique taxation processes.
Appreciate 3
LSM1118.00
soooma1373.00
      05-08-2020, 12:47 PM   #87
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da808dad View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Got it.

Don't you live in Washington State? What if you were to go down to Oregon and lease/purchase a car? Don't know how the usage tax is different there but I would think sales tax (lack of in Oregon) would make a huge difference?

I know before, folks in Hawaii used to go to Oregon to buy new cars because of no sales tax and then ship the car back here. But they changed Hawaii laws a few years ago and now you have to pay the sales tax on any new car being shipped in from out of state through a cargo shipping company. The shipping companies won't release the car down at the dock unless you pay the state sales tax. When the state first changed this requirement and folks didn't realize the change, they were getting screwed. One of my friends told me he was down at the dock to pick up a boat he had shipped through Matson here and a guy had bought a brand new MB in Cali and had it shipped here. Matson told him they wouldn't release the car to him until he paid the Hawaii sales tax and the guy was arguing with them that he already paid the Cali tax when he bought the car so shouldn't have to pay Hawaii sales tax on top of that.

The only way around this is to buy a car on the mainland and keep it up there for a month or so to get regular non-temp tags and then ship it here as at that point they no longer consider it a new car and the new law doesn't require used cars to follow the same.
I do live in WA, yup. BMW FS uses the insured address which is, I believe, a felony to lie about... plus difficult to prove you live there without an actual property of some kind. I guess I could rent an apartment for a month 😬 — might end up being cheaper.
Appreciate 2
soooma1373.00
      05-08-2020, 01:16 PM   #88
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Got it.

Indeed NY hits tax on the sum of the lease payments. But things are even worse in states like Texas where the tax on a lease is based off the full negotiated price of the car!!!

Leasing in Texas is not favorable unless one has unique taxation processes.
Texas pay full tax on lease like you said. Not a good state to lease