M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion 2020 BMW M8 and M8 Competition Ordering and Pricing Guides

08-22-2019, 12:57 AM   #67
mhbrownie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750LI, BMW 2016 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhostetter View Post
Has anyone purchased one of the M8's or Comp models yet in the states?
Anyone seeing anything lower than MSRP pricing?
I have placed a deposit but allocations for the m8 comp won't be available until October according to the dealer. I got the 1500 loyalty discount but don't expect anything more than that.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #68
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

BMW needs to be careful with supply of these. I won't be entirely surprised if they go the way of M3/4 CS - some initial enthusiasm (= buyers) and then they sit on the lots, ultimately seeing crazy discounts and trunk money. The M8 isn't as compromising as the CS but the price range is rarely traveled territory for BMW.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 08:50 PM   #69
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaly View Post
BMW needs to be careful with supply of these. I won't be entirely surprised if they go the way of M3/4 CS - some initial enthusiasm (= buyers) and then they sit on the lots, ultimately seeing crazy discounts and trunk money. The M8 isn't as compromising as the CS but the price range is rarely traveled territory for BMW.
No matter what happens this car will have tonn of discounts. It's only initially people will pay full price. It's already overpriced as it is no way selling at MSRP will last for long.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 09:31 PM   #70
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaly View Post
No matter what happens this car will have tonn of discounts. It's only initially people will pay full price. It's already overpriced as it is no way selling at MSRP will last for long.
Oh, I'm not even talking about moving off MSRP - agree it'll at least settle into normal discount ranges (say 8-12%). But the CS's were taken at 30% off at the extreme .
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2019, 10:19 AM   #71
Slayerkillhate
Private First Class
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M8

Still cant decide color for M8C from Frozen Black and Frozen Marina Bay Blue
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 06:21 PM   #72
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerkillhate View Post
Still cant decide color for M8C from Frozen Black and Frozen Marina Bay Blue
Do Rock–paper–scissors with your spouse or whoever

You can't go wrong with either color.
      01-10-2020, 08:41 PM   #73
DRA
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Comp, 2018 BMW X5

Just got mine in M8C in Frozen Blue! It's astonishing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
themnmd1687.00
GuyOh1064.00
clee1982796.00
      02-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #74
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Just scrolled through all the pages. Guess the thread has been ongoing for a couple of months.

I own a M8c and love every minute in it. Is it worth 160k+ I am not sure but who buys bmw’s these days anyways. Pumped up residuals, some of the lowest Mf end in a very attractive payment. What you get for that payment is very hard to compete. This is my 3rd M back to back and although I wanted to go back to a AMG the lease deals were no where near the M8. Was the Amg a better car? Maybe but not for another 700 bucks a month.

These are all toys for me. Use them and move on. No forever commitment. If you are looking for an investment go by some real estate
Appreciate 2
clee1982796.00
      02-27-2020, 08:12 PM   #75
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
Just scrolled through all the pages. Guess the thread has been ongoing for a couple of months.

I own a M8c and love every minute in it. Is it worth 160k+ I am not sure but who buys bmw’s these days anyways. Pumped up residuals, some of the lowest Mf end in a very attractive payment. What you get for that payment is very hard to compete. This is my 3rd M back to back and although I wanted to go back to a AMG the lease deals were no where near the M8. Was the Amg a better car? Maybe but not for another 700 bucks a month.

These are all toys for me. Use them and move on. No forever commitment. If you are looking for an investment go by some real estate
Nod, agreed on all points ... except maybe the AMG being a better car. I bought a 2018 E63S and sold it after 8 months ploughing straight back into bimmers. 2 x F90s later and now (well, almost now) an M8 Comp GC and I struggle to want any other car at any other price (OK, I'm exaggerating and I'd probably take a Bugatti but there genuinely isn't much else I want). I test drove the GT63S for a few hours and it's nice--interior is to die for--but the driving dynamics and tech are both more form over function. BMW fan boy? Guilty as charged but not for a lack of trying other brands.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 12:25 PM   #76
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Nod, agreed on all points ... except maybe the AMG being a better car. I bought a 2018 E63S and sold it after 8 months ploughing straight back into bimmers. 2 x F90s later and now (well, almost now) an M8 Comp GC and I struggle to want any other car at any other price (OK, I'm exaggerating and I'd probably take a Bugatti but there genuinely isn't much else I want). I test drove the GT63S for a few hours and it's nice--interior is to die for--but the driving dynamics and tech are both more form over function. BMW fan boy? Guilty as charged but not for a lack of trying other brands.
The tech in the M8 is actually newer than the GT63s which is on the last Comand version, pre MBUX.
On a side note, we have MBUX in the GLE and it is on par with iDrive 7 IMO. Voice assistants are both limited and neither is better.
MBUX currently has the best navigation of anyone (augmented reality nav)

Since we have had the E63s and the M8Comp for a couple of months side by side I can say that the M8 offers a faster and smoother driving experience.
The car even sounds decent from the outside (D3, Sport+) but the AMG definitely feels sportier and sounds better and delivers more raw driving experience overall. You feel less insulated from the action.
Really appreciate the M8 but won't dismiss the attraction of the AMG.

That said, the value proposition of the BMW's can't be dismissed. I got a killer deal on the E63s in Nov.2017 where the ED.1's moving at list and up.

10% off with base MF. Now the more expensive M8 lease is so low that over half of the GLE lease is covered just by the savings over the cheaper E63s
Appreciate 1
limeypride4418.50
      02-28-2020, 07:38 PM   #77
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
The tech in the M8 is actually newer than the GT63s which is on the last Comand version, pre MBUX.
On a side note, we have MBUX in the GLE and it is on par with iDrive 7 IMO. Voice assistants are both limited and neither is better.
MBUX currently has the best navigation of anyone (augmented reality nav)
Out of curiosity have you test drove (or been in a friend's) Audi? I test drove a RS5 but if ultimately interested I would have waited for the RS7 as although 4 doors like a GC I needed the bigger space in the cabin for my size. I thought the Audi tech was on par with iDrive 7 and perhaps slightly ahead in a couple of areas. I did test drive a C63S which I'm assuming had Comand as it was definitely a notch down on the tech vs iDrive 7 and too small for my size. As stated before though on other threads the bigger loser tech wise was the Lexus LC500 as it is almost a joke in comparison to the Audi and iDrive 7.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 11:30 AM   #78
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Out of curiosity have you test drove (or been in a friend's) Audi? I test drove a RS5 but if ultimately interested I would have waited for the RS7 as although 4 doors like a GC I needed the bigger space in the cabin for my size. I thought the Audi tech was on par with iDrive 7 and perhaps slightly ahead in a couple of areas. I did test drive a C63S which I'm assuming had Comand as it was definitely a notch down on the tech vs iDrive 7 and too small for my size. As stated before though on other threads the bigger loser tech wise was the Lexus LC500 as it is almost a joke in comparison to the Audi and iDrive 7.
Only tried the e-tron recently but I didn't dive too deep on the MMI. Will have to look at it again.
The C-Class has the old Comand system to be sure. Since the iDrive7 was BMW's response to MBUX there are a number of functional similarities. MBUX has quite a few more features though, at least as it appears in our M8 but the access/menu system feels more cluttered and less logical.
More eye candy, more themes, some surprisingly effective "new age" feeling features and the navigation with augmented video.

That said, all this is unimportant compared to how the car drives and looks. Our GTC roadster is very low tech but the most fun to drive
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 12:14 AM   #79
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Only tried the e-tron recently but I didn't dive too deep on the MMI. Will have to look at it again.
The C-Class has the old Comand system to be sure. Since the iDrive7 was BMW's response to MBUX there are a number of functional similarities. MBUX has quite a few more features though, at least as it appears in our M8 but the access/menu system feels more cluttered and less logical.
More eye candy, more themes, some surprisingly effective "new age" feeling features and the navigation with augmented video.

That said, all this is unimportant compared to how the car drives and looks. Our GTC roadster is very low tech but the most fun to drive
Thanks and agree on low tech not being the ultimate deciding factor as fun to drive wins over that any day of the week. It all came down to the Lexus LC500 and the M850i for me and the latter won in the fun to drive arena with the plus on the tech side.
Appreciate 1
Wolfman64811.50
      08-05-2020, 12:30 PM   #80
nesrock@gmail.com
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5M Comp

pricing

What is the best way to find out about current discount ranges?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 07:24 PM   #81
TomM6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 M6 individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesrock@gmail.com View Post
2 year old, 5K miles M8 competition convertible for $55K.... and will be plenty available, a steal
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #82
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomM6 View Post
2 year old, 5K miles M8 competition convertible for $55K.... and will be plenty available, a steal
Not a clue what you just said...

For $55k or $55k off? Since the M8 only exists as a 2020 (less than a year on the market) are you talking about some other car or?
Plus very few M8 Comp convertibles were made so there will not be plenty available.

So is this info your hope, wish or projection?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 07:23 PM   #83
TomM6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 M6 individual

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomM6 View Post
Not a clue what you just said...

For $55k or $55k off? Since the M8 only exists as a 2020 (less than a year on the market) are you talking about some other car or?
Plus very few M8 Comp convertibles were made so there will not be plenty available.

So is this info your hope, wish or projection?
In 2 years there will be plenty M8s, which is a wonderful sports car, and all with low miles that can be bought for a steal price. That is all I am saying...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 11:02 PM   #84
ooati
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Any information on the M8 Competition Gran Coupe ordering and pricing for 2021?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 10:31 AM   #85
reddemon73
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesrock@gmail.com View Post
I see dealers advertising $10k off for the M8. You can probably get close to $20knoff msrp.
2014 435i M Sport //AW, CR//premium, tech, lightening pkgs//20% tint//full clear bra//ppk//blk grills//20" Vertini wheels//digital gauge//Apple Carplay//MPE with catted DP//VSRF charge pipe//Wagner FMIC//
Appreciate 0