M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion CarBahn? Anyone have it on their M8 ?

07-27-2020, 01:43 PM   #1
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

CarBahn? Anyone have it on their M8 ?

Been talking to my preferred Tuner EuroMpire locally in Charlotte and recommends:

1. CarBahn since DINAN has nothing yet and 3K installed with warranty?! Worth it ? Gains? Tangible ? Does the car really need?

2. Akrapovic vs Meisterschaft it maybe Eisenmann ? Exhaust very expensive like 7.5K installed ?

Very excited to start this journey, not sure I will be mod heavy as M5 this time around, as I never tracked my M5, and still didn't make me keep it any longer! And this M8 will also be a convertible, so all the gains that I might get will be to get it to be as fast as M8 coupe?!

Thoughts?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 02:21 PM   #2
ctelimad
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m8

I was looking for something similar with warranty but i didnt see much reviews about carbahn
I have an m8 conv and i think it will need little bit more power
Putting a tune or piggyback it will be faster then the coupe given you are increasing both the torque and horsepower compared to the comp coupe but you are risking warranty if something happens
As far as exhaust i am satisfied with the regular exhaust given the top down you got to hear it really well especially at night the only thing i hate is the chrome exhaust tips and i cant change them given they are welded
Hope someone will help us
Appreciate 1
soooma1377.50
      07-28-2020, 01:25 PM   #3
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Been talking to my preferred Tuner EuroMpire locally in Charlotte and recommends:

1. CarBahn since DINAN has nothing yet and 3K installed with warranty?! Worth it ? Gains? Tangible ? Does the car really need?

2. Akrapovic vs Meisterschaft it maybe Eisenmann ? Exhaust very expensive like 7.5K installed ?

Very excited to start this journey, not sure I will be mod heavy as M5 this time around, as I never tracked my M5, and still didn't make me keep it any longer! And this M8 will also be a convertible, so all the gains that I might get will be to get it to be as fast as M8 coupe?!

Thoughts?
Thanks
Akrapovic seems to be the preferred choice. my tuner shop recommends them and lots of guys have picked Akrapovic for exhaust and good reviews.

for a tune, I'm stills waiting. lots of options (about 5 or 6 shops) offering remote ECU flash tune, either in person or mail in or over internet remote sync.

I'm still waiting to find an ECU tune, but my local shop just did one on a brand new m8 convertible and it looked awesome. I saw the dyno with almost 150+ more HP and 179 more Torque.

but I'm still waiting on mine
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 01:26 PM   #4
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post

Thoughts?
Thanks
while I got different quotes online, my local shop quoted the same prices for ECU tune and exhaust setup ($8k and $3k)
Appreciate 0