M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Feeler- looking forward someone to assume my m8 lease- $1509 base payment

07-22-2020, 09:35 PM   #23
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudling View Post
It's a launch edition. Dealers have extra trunk money (or something similar) on them, so they can discount them very deeply. If you happen to like the specific color combos, it's a great opportunity.

As far as I can tell, those are
(for the coupe)
BSM with white/tartufo interior, and
white with sakhir interior

(for the convertible)
motegi red with beige interior and
dravit grey with silverstone interior

There may be others. Not sure about the GC or competition models. Other (less "niche") color combos are not as deeply discounted, I believe.

Finally! I suspected that all the similarly priced M8C's ($156,695 - White/Sakhir and Black/Biege) might be launch cars w/ extra discounts. Since this topic has piqued my interest, how does the flagship/trunk money work? Can the dealer basically sell the car for nothing and BMWNA gives them the flagship after sale? Do we know how much it is? Info would greatly help in my negotiation (not only with the dealer, but with my pregnant wife).

Convincing her that buying a two door grand tourer with a baby on the way may prove difficult. If I can convince her this can be our weekend driver and to pick up a used F95 next year to tote our rugrat around my life would be complete.

On that topic, anyone managed to put a baby seat in an 8 Series/M8 non vert coupe?

EDIT: Clarified
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 01:12 AM   #24
msm2000uk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiemalibu View Post

Finally! I suspected that all the similarly priced M8C's ($156,695 - White/Sakhir and Black/Biege) might be launch cars w/ extra discounts. Since this topic has piqued my interest, how does the flagship/trunk money work? Can the dealer basically sell the car for nothing and BMWNA gives them the flagship after sale? Do we know how much it is? Info would greatly help in my negotiation (not only with the dealer, but with my pregnant wife).

Convincing her that buying a two door grand tourer with a baby on the way may prove difficult. If I can convince her this can be our weekend driver and to pick up a used F95 next year to tote our rugrat around my life would be complete.

On that topic, anyone managed to put a baby seat in an 8 Series/M8 non vert coupe?

I have a forward facing child seat in the back of my M850i which fits with ease.

I wouldn't want to put a newborn seat in, as I don't think there would be sufficient space to strap the baby into a rear facing position.

M
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 04:14 AM   #25
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudling View Post
It's a launch edition. Dealers have extra trunk money (or something similar) on them, so they can discount them very deeply. If you happen to like the specific color combos, it's a great opportunity.

As far as I can tell, those are
(for the coupe)
BSM with white/tartufo interior, and
white with sakhir interior

(for the convertible)
motegi red with beige interior and
dravit grey with silverstone interior

There may be others. Not sure about the GC or competition models. Other (less "niche") color combos are not as deeply discounted, I believe.

not your question, but I've got one in the convertible. I think it would fit in a coupe, but you might want the gran coupe for extra space.
it's tight fit in the convertible and it limits the room for the front seat passenger.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 08:38 AM   #26
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
not your question, but I've got one in the convertible. I think it would fit in a coupe, but you might want the gran coupe for extra space.
it's tight fit in the convertible and it limits the room for the front seat passenger.
Have you been talking to my wife? I really want the Gran Coupe, but the discounts just aren't there yet like they are on the launch coupes.

Has anyone seen good deals on the Gran Coupe? I found a couple deals on pre-owned, but I haven't really delved into a discount on the GC.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #27
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Have you been talking to my wife? I really want the Gran Coupe, but the discounts just aren't there yet like they are on the launch coupes.

Has anyone seen good deals on the Gran Coupe? I found a couple deals on pre-owned, but I haven't really delved into a discount on the GC.

you might want to ask tracythorne I think he just bought a 4 door. also jwestfield
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 02:24 PM   #28
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

This is close Two

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26475261
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 04:41 AM   #29
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

"Post Covid" !!!
Didn't know we are there yet
Appreciate the optimism though
Excuse my comment as I happen to be in healthcare, and I can report that post COVID we are not !!
I wish you were right and I were wrong! But we have to be in a parallel universe!

With that said in process of signing a deal with 1300$/month no money down except first payment 36/10K on 162K sticker Non Comp Convertible and yes launch edition! "Trunk money"
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2020, 06:19 PM   #30
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
"Post Covid" !!!
Excuse my comment as I happen to be in healthcare, and I can report that post COVID we are not !!
I wish you were right and I were wrong! But we have to be in a parallel universe!

With that said in process of signing a deal with 1300$/month no money down except first payment 36/10K on 162K sticker Non Comp Convertible and yes launch edition! "Trunk money"
Same here and couldn't agree more. That said congrats on the new M8 Convertible!
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      07-25-2020, 08:09 PM   #31
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
"Post Covid" !!!

I should have clarified my comment. I meant post market dip. The stock market fell on its face with the news of COVID and car prices dropped as car sales slowed to 0, with many companies like Ford and BMW reporting record low car sales.

Now the market is hitting all time highs and is stronger than ever in history in terms of high priced. Also car sales have returned as people are buying record numbers of cars due to pent up demand and people going back to work. Since the stay at home bans have been lifted or removed in many states.
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      07-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #32
Amgeater2
Major
Rep
Drives: X6M, M8, Mc 600LT, 296GTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by E31BMW View Post
That is absolutely not true. You can get a 160k M8 competition with 10k a year with nothing down? Let me know what dealer offers this.
First off who said nothing down.. I said "NO MSD's" and yes there is deals out there with a lower payment and not msd's... I was offer one but I want a convertible non comp as to me the comp package is a waste as I have an exotic to drive on the weekends and it gives me plenty of race/track mode.
Appreciate 0