04-19-2024, 10:59 AM   #23
exxxviii
Captain
Rep
Drives: ix xDrive50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windshieldfarmer View Post
I am wondering if EA is jacking up prices to collect more dollars from EV manufacturers offering the two years of free charging…milking the gravy train while they can. I suspect that will go away in a few years and price competition might come into the charging market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomoTesla View Post
For DCFC rates to drop we need more competition. I don't see demand dropping, only increasing with time.
I agree that more competition will definitely help.

A big part of high pricing is the disparity between how electricity is created versus how it is sold to BEV consumers. A significant proportion of electricity cost is peak demand, not kWh sold. Therefore, the stations have to distribute the demand fees into their anticipated number of kWh sales in a month.

One thing that will help pricing is more utilization at a charging station. More people using the stations (increase utilization) will not necessarily increase the demand fees. So, they can distribute the demand cost across more kWh and lower prices.
      04-19-2024, 11:26 AM   #24
jono987654321
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX40 (Late 2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layanxr View Post
Is this good for my price ? 80k and 60.000km ?
Difficult to say. €80,000 is a fair old chunk of money for a vehicle with that many kilometres on it.

Isn't there a government kick-back of €2000 available for purchasing a used EV in NL?

How does the price compare with others in the area, or even slightly further afield, say in Germany?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 11:32 AM   #25
frank70
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp. iX M60 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono987654321 View Post
Difficult to say. €80,000 is a fair old chunk of money for a vehicle with that many kilometres on it.

Isn't there a government kick-back of €2000 available for purchasing a used EV in NL?

How does the price compare with others in the area, or even slightly further afield, say in Germany?
I think € 80000,- is too expensive for this car. It should be at least € 10000,- less in my opinion. Right now you can easily get > 20% discount on new IX's in Germany and i assume Netherlands is not different. So a new 120.000 cataloque IX50 would cost you under 100.000 new, so for me even € 70.000 is too high. But i do not think you will be able to get it for under € 70.000 at this moment....
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2024, 02:42 PM   #26
Layanxr
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70 View Post
I think € 80000,- is too expensive for this car. It should be at least € 10000,- less in my opinion. Right now you can easily get > 20% discount on new IX's in Germany and i assume Netherlands is not different. So a new 120.000 cataloque IX50 would cost you under 100.000 new, so for me even € 70.000 is too high. But i do not think you will be able to get it for under € 70.000 at this moment....
Do you have proof from this ?

This is the car I want to buy,

https://www.vanhooffbmw.nl/bmw/p/bmw-ix-xdrive50-high-executive-112-kwh-automaat-sportpakket-panoramadak-sky-lounge-trekhaak-stoelventilatie-laserlight-bowers-wilkins-live-cockpit-professional-37909684
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 12:48 AM   #27
frank70
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Do you have proof from this ?

This is the car I want to buy,

https://www.vanhooffbmw.nl/bmw/p/bmw...ional-37909684
I don't know if this link will work but i try it anyway : https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/s...&sb=rel&vc=Car

If the link does not work : just search on Mobile.de for IX50 from 2022 with between 40000 and 80000 km. Then you will find similar results. These prices are the asking prices which should have some negotiating room considering the market situation where especially expensive EV's are hard to sell at the moment.

Prices in Germany should be comparable to Netherlands as the only difference would be 2% VAT difference which comes down to maybe only 1000 euro or so....
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 04:06 AM   #28
Layanxr
Rep

So it’s better to wait to buy a ev ? In your opinion ?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 06:37 AM   #29
Pepppie
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: i20

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I’m in the process of buying a new car and I’m torn between the BMW iX xDrive50 and the BMW X5 45e, both from 2022 and offered at the same price. My main concern with the iX is its driving range. Given that I drive about 35,000 km per year, should this be a significant concern, especially since the real-world range can often be less than advertised? Additionally, I’m worried about the depreciation of both models. What are your thoughts on this?

I would really appreciate it if those who have experience with either of these models could share their insights. I’m interested in performance, comfort, daily usability, and particularly long-term costs such as maintenance and depreciation.

Any advice, especially from current owners of these models, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

Also: do I need be worried about the battery health when the car has driven 50k ?
As a fellow Dutchy; you're paying way to much if an iX 50 is the same price as a X5 45e. Difference between mine and a X5 (same options, both 2023, 6-10k km) was almost 20k!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 06:45 AM   #30
Layanxr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepppie View Post
As a fellow Dutchy; you're paying way to much if an iX 50 is the same price as a X5 45e. Difference between mine and a X5 (same options, both 2023, 6-10k km) was almost 20k!
Why is the IX so expensive ?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 07:39 AM   #31
Layanxr
Rep

I hope some people can help me out
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 08:52 AM   #32
Pepppie
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Why is the IX so expensive ?
Don't know, but 88k for the iX you're interested in is a lot of money.. The only 'special' option is the B&W audio system, the rest of the configuration is straight forward. Shouldn't be that difficult to find one for 15k less.

For example; https://www.autoscout24.nl/aanbod/bm...bucket=unknown
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 11:26 AM   #33
Layanxr
Rep

Quote:
Don't know, but 88k for the iX you're interested in is a lot of money.. The only 'special' option is the B&W audio system, the rest of the configuration is straight forward. Shouldn't be that difficult to find one for 15k less.

For example; https://www.autoscout24.nl/aanbod/bm...bucket=unknown
I already checked this car, it’s missing laser lights is that important ? Also 60k is much km isn’t ?

If I can get the other car for 82 is that okay or still to much.

Bedankt
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 12:23 PM   #34
Pepppie
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
I already checked this car, it’s missing laser lights is that important ? Also 60k is much km isn’t ?

If I can get the other car for 82 is that okay or still to much.

Bedankt
I specially looked for an iX without laser, because the LED’s give better light on our highway (lasers are not allowed on, for example, the A2, A10, etc). When you’re on more dark roads, laser is great. But for me that’s no daily business

Also compare the Harman and B&W; in real life there’s no big difference when using Spotify or something.

The dealers have a really hard time to sell EV’s, so the’re willing to make great offers. I was able to get an extra 11,5k on a ‘20 X3 when trading in for my ‘23 iX.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 01:15 PM   #35
Layanxr
Rep

Quote:
I specially looked for an iX without laser, because the LED’s give better light on our highway (lasers are not allowed on, for example, the A2, A10, etc). When you’re on more dark roads, laser is great. But for me that’s no daily business

Also compare the Harman and B&W; in real life there’s no big difference when using Spotify or something.

The dealers have a really hard time to sell EV’s, so the’re willing to make great offers. I was able to get an extra 11,5k on a ‘20 X3 when trading in for my ‘23 iX.

Okay thnx, I already tried to make a deal with 72k car but they don’t want to go down with the price. For the 88k, I can get it for 83k
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 02:29 PM   #36
Bmwno6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW iX50, 2024 BMW X5

I have the 2024 iX-50 and recently got the 2024 X5-40i sport. Both great cars. the nameplate range for the iX is 300 miles where the X5 is 600 miles. X5 is better for long trips where charging (if you find it) adds a lot of extra time. Very important for us in the western/mountain US where distances between destinations are long. Cost per mile in energy for the iX is about 1/3 of the X5 when charging at home which I do almost all the time. X5 ride is better. iX does not require service for 2 years. X5 annual. Both have 8.5 software. Have the full loaded options for both and the iX was about 18% more expensive than the X5. IX has no spare and I had to pay about $450 to buy a “modern spare” for it. X5 has one. Our 3rd X5 in a row. We love them. I did not consider hybrid because I am concerned about the integration of the ICE and EV technologies.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 03:52 PM   #37
Norbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i3 120, iX 50

Quote:

I might be mistaken, but the regular LEDs on iX are not adaptive I believe, they only have auto high beam? Or are they also adaptive?
I have the laser on the iX and they are far less pronounced adaptive vs the X5 lasers, seems to be programmed way different. Hard to describe, but first trips on dark roads I thought the adaptive function was turned off. They are much slower to go into high beam mode on semi-lit roads. I also think they have less light output than the X5 lasers IMHO. However I have a hard time getting a car without the fully adaptive function (lasers or not). It is just a great function.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 06:31 PM   #38
Windshieldfarmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxxviii View Post
I agree that more competition will definitely help.

A big part of high pricing is the disparity between how electricity is created versus how it is sold to BEV consumers. A significant proportion of electricity cost is peak demand, not kWh sold. Therefore, the stations have to distribute the demand fees into their anticipated number of kWh sales in a month.

One thing that will help pricing is more utilization at a charging station. More people using the stations (increase utilization) will not necessarily increase the demand fees. So, they can distribute the demand cost across more kWh and lower prices.
That’s a great observation. Demand fees can be killer…and I suspect this could be a expensive problem for under utilized charging locations.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 05:23 AM   #39
frank70
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So it’s better to wait to buy a ev ? In your opinion ?
I don't know about waiting. Likely the deals will get better in the future, but you can also not wait forever. Say you wait 1 year and then the prices have lowered, but then the "Neue Klasse" Electric SUV is almost around the corner. Should you then wait for that again ? And so you end up waiting forever.....

But if you would look at it purely financially it is likelly better to wait a bit.

In my case i just plan to drive my IX M60 for at least 5 years or so, or maybe even longer, so the depreciation will not hurt me so much. It is a absolutely fabulous daily driver car, and apart from faster charging and maybe a bit more range i do not know what can be improved.

And as i only do 2 - 3 longer trips a year i also only need the fast charging capabilities 2 - 3 times a year, so improvements in that are actually really not that important in my use case.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 06:17 AM   #40
Louis_BE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono987654321 View Post
I'm not sure MyGarage exists anywhere outside the US. The clue may be contained in the URL: mygarage.bmwusa.com...though it would be a good idea to get the information somehow on a car of this age & mileage.

I wonder what those of us not in the US can use to obtain the same info..?

Also, the OP is in the Netherlands, so no EA charging there either.

Unleaded petrol/gas in the Netherlands would work out at about $11 for each of your little US liquid gallons. Diesel around 10% less.

I think there's a €2,000 subsidy for purchasing or leasing a used EV at the moment in NL.

Last time I was there, AC or DC public charging was around €0.50-€0.65 per kWh (which isn't far off $0.53-$0.69)

I don't know if there are any cheap(er) overnight domestic AC rates available, nor what the typical cost would be to charge at home.
Yes, I have all the info and live in Europe … so cardata is WW.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 06:18 AM   #41
Louis_BE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwno6 View Post
I have the 2024 iX-50 and recently got the 2024 X5-40i sport. Both great cars. the nameplate range for the iX is 300 miles where the X5 is 600 miles. X5 is better for long trips where charging (if you find it) adds a lot of extra time. Very important for us in the western/mountain US where distances between destinations are long. Cost per mile in energy for the iX is about 1/3 of the X5 when charging at home which I do almost all the time. X5 ride is better. iX does not require service for 2 years. X5 annual. Both have 8.5 software. Have the full loaded options for both and the iX was about 18% more expensive than the X5. IX has no spare and I had to pay about $450 to buy a “modern spare” for it. X5 has one. Our 3rd X5 in a row. We love them. I did not consider hybrid because I am concerned about the integration of the ICE and EV technologies.
On a 1000km roadtrip in EU I charged one hour in total, coincides with breakfast and lunch, no time lost.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 07:44 AM   #42
jono987654321
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX40 (Late 2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis_BE View Post
Yes, I have all the info and live in Europe … so cardata is WW.
Doesn't seem available in the UK.

https://faq.bmw.co.uk/s/article/Who-...language=en_GB
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 08:57 AM   #43
Layanxr
Rep

I am currently undecided between two BMW iX models. Could you take a look and give your preference? Options are important to me, so you might also suggest a different type. Please let me know.

https://www.dusseldorpbmw.nl/aanbod/...aign=gaspedaal

https://www.vanhooffbmw.nl/bmw/p/bmw...9684#gallery-9

Or I will wait for the Q6 xD
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 09:21 AM   #44
frank70
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am currently undecided between two BMW iX models. Could you take a look and give your preference? Options are important to me, so you might also suggest a different type. Please let me know.

https://www.dusseldorpbmw.nl/aanbod/...aign=gaspedaal

https://www.vanhooffbmw.nl/bmw/p/bmw...9684#gallery-9

Or I will wait for the Q6 xD
If i had to choose between those 2 offers i would certainly choose the first cheaper one. That price is more reasonable than the other with only about 10000 km difference in mileage and 21" instead of 22" wheels.
Appreciate 0