M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Lexus Supercar LF-A revealed.......!

10-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #221
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawheat
Wait - at 7/10s in any sort of turn, you couldn't feel the difference between a car that a substantial front weight and FWD bias vs one with a mild rear weight bias and RWD bias? I can not believe that anyone with functioning senses couldn't tell how differently the cars feel.

Maybe if you're going at 2/10s and turning at 10mph they feel similar but give me a break.
Sorry, but a RS4 has fwd bias?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawheat
Your Audi to VW example makes more sense b/c they share the same architecture - a nicely optioned Passat is going to be a pretty nice car and is going to be far more similar to an A4. But you're basically claiming a Honda Civic Type R and S2000 feel pretty much the same when you drive them at 7/10s (almost exactly matched in performance specs).
No thats exactly my point. My S2000 that I owned, felt nothing like a Civic I had in high school. The S2000 felt different, and like a sports car should. Every Audi Ive been in felt, well just like every VW Ive been in, just with nicer interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335fourdoor View Post
zr1 does it in 3.3 sec @110k msrp.
why does everyone keep bringing up price? A ZR1 is based of a mass produced platform which is way cheaper to develop, just like STI and EVOs.

If you can afford any "hyper" car, price doesnt matter. How come everyone xpects this car to beat Zonda F, Gumpbert, Veyron, Koneseigg perforamce and be chaper? For some reason, just because its a Ferrari, everyone expects it to be cheap and fast...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #222
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
damn!

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #223
335fourdoor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post

No thats exactly my point. My S2000 that I owned, felt nothing like a Civic I had in high school. The S2000 felt different, and like a sports car should. Every Audi Ive been in felt, well just like every VW Ive been in, just with nicer interior.

why does everyone keep bringing up price? A ZR1 is based of a mass produced platform which is way cheaper to develop, just like STI and EVOs.

If you can afford any "hyper" car, price doesnt matter. How come everyone xpects this car to beat Zonda F, Gumpbert, Veyron, Koneseigg perforamce and be chaper? For some reason, just because its a Ferrari, everyone expects it to be cheap and fast...

i would say a few people here would consider a run at nurbugring a true and fair barometer of car's performance.zr1 did it at 7:24.(have to mention the msrp again($110k)).let see how toyota lf-a stack up to this time @400k.fair enough?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #224
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

i would say a few people here would consider a run at nurbugring a true and fair barometer of car's performance.zr1 did it at 7:24.(have to mention the msrp again($110k)).let see how toyota lf-a stack up to this time @400k.fair enough?
No, because youre still not getting the point. Speed isnt everything when it comes to these cars. A ZR1 is fast than a Zonda, but I still rather have the Zonda.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 05:14 AM   #225
jadeddjay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f10 m5 comp

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/29/v...iber-a-pillar/
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 05:29 AM   #226
The__J__Factor
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

^ holy fuck that is amazing to watch. Any longer vids?
Z4 M Coupe - H&R - RE Diablo - RPi - Tekarbon - Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 05:56 AM   #227
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
I think you will find that the RS4 is actually rwd bias with 60% of the power going to the rear most of the time and allowing 25% to shift in either direction. What you meant to say is the positioning of the engine make the RS4 more nose heavy which affects how it enters a corner (i.e. slower in - faster out approach).

That is why your comment that the R8 felt the same as the RS4 totally confused me and lead me to only one conclusion, that you didn't really know what you were talked about or made a hasty opinion without actually experiencing these two cars properly.

Sorry if this sounds offensive but I can only comment on what I hear.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #228
335fourdoor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
No, because youre still not getting the point. Speed isnt everything when it comes to these cars. A ZR1 is fast than a Zonda, but I still rather have the Zonda.
would you rather have a toyota? i didn't think so. Toyota has no credibility in a supercar arena,so instead of starting slow,as in sub $100k car,they're making a huge mistake of jumping in with $400k creation. If timex came out with a $40k watch,would you buy it? And it is all about performance. when the new car smell disappears, performance is the measure of the purchase.
and getting your doors blown off by the likes of a zr1 or a new 911 turbo pdk
@ < 150k,would definitely lead to lots of awkward conversations with the lucky ride alongs.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #229
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddjay View Post
Wow that's crazy, can't even make any sense of how it's happening.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #230
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
would you rather have a toyota? i didn't think so. Toyota has no credibility in a supercar arena,so instead of starting slow,as in sub $100k car,they're making a huge mistake of jumping in with $400k creation. If timex came out with a $40k watch,would you buy it? And it is all about performance. when the new car smell disappears, performance is the measure of the purchase.
@ < 150k,would definitely lead to lots of awkward conversations with the lucky ride alongs.
seems like the entire toyota team is wrong, and you are right about the price.

for a carbon monocoque car with the sound, the rev, etc like this. I think it is worth it. I think a lot of "400k is too expensive for a toyota" is due to the look of the car. it is not as eye catching as car like say zonda, enzo, etc. But I think it is a more interesting car than say a turbo or zr1. If I'm rich, I would buy the LFA.

Last edited by graider; 10-30-2009 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #231
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

BMW bought RR and VW bought Bentley to sell their ultra luxury rides, now if Toyota had just bought a brand to launch the LFA, would everyone think differently about the LFA?
      10-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #232
M Fresh
Rep
Drives: bentley baby blue 2007 750li

god theres sooooo many haters on forums! this car is effing incredible

no i dont agree with the price tag at allllll

other than that, wow!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #233
Guibo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
His point is that there is much more to a car than just performance. When the new car smell disappears, the machined aluminum and finely stitched leather and generally insane attention to detail are still there and can be enjoyed. Whether you're doing 202 mph or just sitting at a stoplight, the car can be enjoyed. Nevermind the fact that you might never come across another LFA (or Pagani) in normal driving. If all you want is performance, then a bone stock Hayabusa makes the ZR1 look live a very poor "value" proposition.
At least Toyota has more production and motorsport credibility than Pagani, who appeared virtually out of nowhere, yet can still find buyers for its megabuck handcrafted cars.
Lexus has far more cachet than Timex, in the US at least. A Timex might tell time far more accurately, and offer far more functions, than a Patek Phillipe. Does that make the Patek redundant and a waste of money? Perhaps the LFA is more like a Seiko Ananta with Spring Drive anyway...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 07:03 AM   #234
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I think you will find that the RS4 is actually rwd bias with 60% of the power going to the rear most of the time and allowing 25% to shift in either direction. What you meant to say is the positioning of the engine make the RS4 more nose heavy which affects how it enters a corner (i.e. slower in - faster out approach).

That is why your comment that the R8 felt the same as the RS4 totally confused me and lead me to only one conclusion, that you didn't really know what you were talked about or made a hasty opinion without actually experiencing these two cars properly.

Sorry if this sounds offensive but I can only comment on what I hear.
i was being sarcastic and thats my point. the RS4 has RWD bias. Yes it is a mid engine car, but the awd, engine and steering was suppose to behave like a sports cars. it isnt untill you start driving it hard that it starts to plow its nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335fourdoor
while not particular fan of this car, yes I would much rather have the toyota over the corvette. again, the toyota is more special, and while not like a McLaren F1, will one day have its day in the history books. Anyone who can afford this car doesnt care about 400k, he probably can afford and probably already does own a variety of sports cars. And again, Zonda, Konesiegg, Gumpbert all had no record of making supercars and have made some pretty awesome ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibo
His point is that there is much more to a car than just performance. When the new car smell disappears, the machined aluminum and finely stitched leather and generally insane attention to detail are still there and can be enjoyed. Whether you're doing 202 mph or just sitting at a stoplight, the car can be enjoyed. Nevermind the fact that you might never come across another LFA (or Pagani) in normal driving. If all you want is performance, then a bone stock Hayabusa makes the ZR1 look live a very poor "value" proposition.
At least Toyota has more production and motorsport credibility than Pagani, who appeared virtually out of nowhere, yet can still find buyers for its megabuck handcrafted cars.
Lexus has far more cachet than Timex, in the US at least. A Timex might tell time far more accurately, and offer far more functions, than a Patek Phillipe. Does that make the Patek redundant and a waste of money? Perhaps the LFA is more like a Seiko Ananta with Spring Drive anyway...
At least someone understands! if everyone just cared about performance, we'd all be driving ZO6s!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 12:53 AM   #235
malujerry
Rep
Drives: ISF

reviving old thread, preventing a repost...

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #236
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibo View Post
That is interesting how Pagani appeared out of nowhere circa 1992 and immediately could source MB/AMG v12 engines and be recognized as an exotic coach builder. But I guess the key to Pagani's success was his close relationship with Fangio. Sorry to digress...
      11-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #237
justice
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Garage List
Great car, 10 years of build up, but for $350k I'd probably got another direction.

330i Sport Package, 6spd, Terra interior.... suspension, wheels, and tint coming soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #238
domobrown
Banned
Austria
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 S-Tronic

I love this car! It is safe too with seatbelts with airbags on them.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #239
f=ma
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

11-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #240
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Thats the closest any street car has ever come to sounding like a Formula 1 car....
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #241
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

OH MY GAWD!!! LF-A Gauge cluster
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #242
jamesteens
Registered
Rep
Drives: cars

Hey guys,
Really superb, excellent cars.I am crazy for that types of cars.gorgeous looking.Thanks for posting.

Cheers.