M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 04+ Ford F-150 .vs. 03+ Dodge RAM 1500

12-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
holson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

04+ Ford F-150 .vs. 03+ Dodge RAM 1500

For those who have owned both or contemplated them, which one did you prefer or what was your experience with them?

The Dodge RAM i'm thinking about is the 2003-2007 Quad Cab 4x4

The Ford F-150 i'm thinking about is the 2004-2008 F-150 SuperCrew/Ext. Cab 4x4

Thanks and I look forward to your responses!

Happy holidays
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Haven't owned either, btu as an insurance agent I can tell you the 2003+ Dodge Ram 1500 is one of the most stolen vehicles in the country, FWIW.
      12-03-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

my dad has a 03 hemi 4x4 quad cab with the laramie pack...all toys except nav

it has been really good to him ....its only got about 40k now but no probs at all

gas hog tho....that motor is really fun
      12-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
Holden_Caulfield04
Pro Detailer
Canada
Rep
Drives: e46 BMW

I would go for the Ford myself based upon those two choices, strictly. The Dodge is too unreliable and it has a tranny made of glass. A Dodge is simply too much of a budget vehicle with a decent styling department.

That being said, with regard to trucks, I am a Toyota fan. The new Toyota Tundra is honestly the best truck money can buy. I know you won't be drag racing it, but it's also one of the fastest trucks ever. It does 0-60 in 6.1 seconds (that's a full size pickup truck). It's reliable as hell and you can configure it just about any way you like, from a $20,000+ stripped out, single cab to a full fledged luxury liner in the Crew Cab with Leather upholstery.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #5
holson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
I would go for the Ford myself based upon those two choices, strictly. The Dodge is too unreliable and it has a tranny made of glass. A Dodge is simply too much of a budget vehicle with a decent styling department.

That being said, with regard to trucks, I am a Toyota fan. The new Toyota Tundra is honestly the best truck money can buy. I know you won't be drag racing it, but it's also one of the fastest trucks ever. It does 0-60 in 6.1 seconds (that's a full size pickup truck). It's reliable as hell and you can configure it just about any way you like, from a $20,000+ stripped out, single cab to a full fledged luxury liner in the Crew Cab with Leather upholstery.

thanks, i read people's reviews on the dodge ram and there is A LOT of reviews about how unreliable it is. I do think it looks cooler than the Ford, but the Ford is cleaner looking and hopefully more reliable.

im trying to find a deal and the Tundra holds its value well whereas the fords and dodges are quite cheap these days.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by holson View Post
thanks, i read people's reviews on the dodge ram and there is A LOT of reviews about how unreliable it is. I do think it looks cooler than the Ford, but the Ford is cleaner looking and hopefully more reliable.

im trying to find a deal and the Tundra holds its value well whereas the fords and dodges are quite cheap these days.
like i said as far as reliability goes we've never had any problems..

i had more problems in my 335 in 6 months than i did with the dodge in 5 years

guess we got lucky
      12-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #7
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
always loved the F150...

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0