M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Picture of a lowered 8er/M8 GC on OEM wheels?

01-19-2020, 08:07 AM   #1
egmmbah
Rep
Drives: ///M850i GC

Picture of a lowered 8er/M8 GC on OEM wheels?

Anyone seen one?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 11:19 PM   #2
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

No m8 springs yet on the market and nobody got the balls to try the m850
Springs on the m8. I think oem wheels look great. Just a pain to clean with the pads putting out a ridiculous amount of dust

I getting close to growing a pair and doing it. I will post pics of it happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmmbah View Post
Anyone seen one?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 12:39 PM   #3
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
No m8 springs yet on the market and nobody got the balls to try the m850
Springs on the m8. I think oem wheels look great. Just a pain to clean with the pads putting out a ridiculous amount of dust

I getting close to growing a pair and doing it. I will post pics of it happens
Did you ever pull the trigger on this? I'd love to see pics if you did.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 05:02 PM   #4
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

I didn’t. Had the urge to be the guinea pig but talking to a couple shops not sure I want to deal with the hassle.

Another member tried the Dinan f90 adjustable sleeves and although it fit the springs were way too soft. That turned me off from jumping in. Some guy online has f90 HR springs installed. Can’t contact him so don’t know much beside he the car sits which is awesome

Prob going to hold off to someone releases something. lowering was always the first mod but I must be getting old. The comfort and clearance stock is quite appealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Did you ever pull the trigger on this? I'd love to see pics if you did.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 05:13 PM   #5
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
I didn’t. Had the urge to be the guinea pig but talking to a couple shops not sure I want to deal with the hassle.

Another member tried the Dinan f90 adjustable sleeves and although it fit the springs were way too soft. That turned me off from jumping in. Some guy online has f90 HR springs installed. Can’t contact him so don’t know much beside he the car sits which is awesome

Prob going to hold off to someone releases something. lowering was always the first mod but I must be getting old. The comfort and clearance stock is quite appealing
Thanks.

I've ordered the MSS HAS kit through Ben and will stop off at his shop on my way back (assuming everything goes through properly with this one). He's going to install spacers, paddles and the new springs.

Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      03-03-2020, 05:36 PM   #6
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks.

I've ordered the MSS HAS kit through Ben and will stop off at his shop on my way back (assuming everything goes through properly with this one). He's going to install spacers, paddles and the new springs.

Fingers crossed!
I checked the website and they don't show the M8 springs. Is they look good, I'll go for that. So far I heard nothing back from KW in Germany.
Are you using the M5 spacer? 15/12 or?

Last edited by Wolfman64; 03-03-2020 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 07:01 PM   #7
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
I checked the website and they don't show the M8 springs. Is they look good, I'll go for that. So far I heard nothing back from KW in Germany.
Unknown on all fronts. We're going to measure and test spacer setup.

Note these are MSS springs, not KW. Ben ordered them already. I'm stopping by his shop on my way home to have springs, paddles and spacers installed. Well, assuming I make it out there as planned and don't lose another one.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      03-03-2020, 08:10 PM   #8
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:

Note these are MSS springs, not KW. Ben ordered them already. I'm stopping by his shop on my way home to have springs, paddles and spacers installed. Well, assuming I make it out there as planned and don't lose another one.
I did look at the MSS site but didn’t see them listed there. I had contacted KW in the US (waste of time) and then contacted them twice in Germany via their site (which probably has their form inputs go straight into the junk folder).
I will call them when I think of it early enough in the day but am not hopeful that they will have a product within the next few months... It’s such a low volume car...

Am looking for an adjustable spring set only to make sure it can be dialed into perfectly. From the look of the car I am thinking 15f/10r lowered.

Off topic but I just looked at the shift paddles on the lowly new E53; full aluminum and kind of a cool angled shape. Somewhat annoyed that the M8 has these cheapo crappy paddles.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 08:12 PM   #9
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Quote:

I have full confidence that it will work perfectly fine.
F90 M5 and F93 M8GC shares a lot of the component. Even the weight distribution is not far off.

It is the same between F10 M5 and F06 M6GC.

Can't say about the coupe.
F12/F13 M6 uses different spring and coilover than F10 M5.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
limeypride4418.50
      03-03-2020, 08:13 PM   #10
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did look at the MSS site but didn’t see them listed there. I had contacted KW in the US (waste of time) and then contacted them twice in Germany via their site (which probably has their form inputs go straight into the junk folder).
I will call them when I think of it early enough in the day but am not hopeful that they will have a product within the next few months... It’s such a low volume car...

Am looking for an adjustable spring set only to make sure it can be dialed into perfectly. From the look of the car I am thinking 15f/10r lowered.
Thanks.

These are adjustable so trial and error I suspect. I'll post what I learn when I finally get there. Note mine is a GC.
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12801.50
Wolfman64811.50
      03-03-2020, 08:36 PM   #11
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Off topic but I just looked at the shift paddles on the lowly new E53; full aluminum and kind of a cool angled shape. Somewhat annoyed that the M8 has these cheapo crappy paddles.
I know, I so agree. No idea what nickle-and-dimer decided these were appropriate for the M5 and, even worse, for the M8 with its premium price. I won't have put 100 miles on the car before they're gone--thanks to Ben!
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50