M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion M8C Exhaust

12-27-2019, 08:45 PM   #1
c^2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp Coupe

M8C Exhaust

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Is it just me, or is the M8C exhaust more aggressive sounding than the M5C?

Also, it seems as if they got rid of active sound in the cabin? Drove one today and it sounds like pure exhaust that I hear when driving.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 11:17 PM   #2
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Feel the opposite. Think it’s much more tame than the m5c. The m5c burbles much more than the m8c. Wouldn’t say that’s a bad thing but every m5 I have driven would burble in sport and i could easily control and expect it. Maybe n can’t really hear it but it seems the m8c might be better insulated

Not sure about the active sound as I believe it has it and was looking to unplug it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c^2 View Post

Also, it seems as if they got rid of active sound in the cabin? Drove one today and it sounds like pure exhaust that I hear when driving.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 12:00 PM   #3
mgod
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m4 csl 992 turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
Feel the opposite. Think it’s much more tame than the m5c. The m5c burbles much more than the m8c. Wouldn’t say that’s a bad thing but every m5 I have driven would burble in sport and i could easily control and expect it. Maybe n can’t really hear it but it seems the m8c might be better insulated

Not sure about the active sound as I believe it has it and was looking to unplug it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c^2 View Post

Actually it's the same exhaust, my m5 Comp pops and bang wayyy more than my m8 Comp for a fact but it's because Of the tuning they tame it down on the m8. It can be easily woke up after a tune
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 03:05 PM   #4
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

I have a feeling Bmw has went with a tune with less burbles with all the noise restrictions in Europe.

Having burbles on my m4 and added burbles on my X5m I can say it gets old quickly when it always burbles no matter what speed your going

I should be installing my lower Downpipe’s in a week. That should give me around 20 percent louder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgod View Post
Actually it's the same exhaust, my m5 Comp pops and bang wayyy more than my m8 Comp for a fact but it's because Of the tuning they tame it down on the m8. It can be easily woke up after a tune
Appreciate 1