M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Mercedes has finally turned into the new Volkswagen

04-13-2015, 06:44 AM   #45
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
They're busy giving us these gems:

All selling well. Especially the X4 and Active Tourer.
      04-13-2015, 07:31 AM   #46
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
The Camry and Accord also sell well. It doesn't mean they're inspiring vehicles.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2015, 08:53 AM   #47
fcman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai 302 View Post
Butthurt Merc fan spotted.
Yeah... That's why I own one and am about to place an order on the M2... I'm a car fan and BMW's current lineup are the most boring cars on the market. Don't be angry just because your 3.0L 6er can barely get out of it's own way.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 10:35 PM   #48
WreckerX5d
Warrant Officer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deezul

They should have chosen another brand. Nissan trucks aren't the best things out there. A Chevy Colorado based truck with an AMG engine, yeah I'll buy that. Same as the M3 pick up, I would buy that as well.

I think some of you are overreacting way too much over a car company creating a different car than what they began with. Guess what, you don't own that company. Just don't buy the model you don't like and move on with life.
      04-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #49
YungDro
Major
Rep
Drives: -

thread closed....

Last edited by YungDro; 12-10-2019 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 03:18 PM   #50
YungDro
Major
Rep

thread closed....

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 03:19 PM   #51
YungDro
Major
Rep

thread closed....

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 03:21 PM   #52
YungDro
Major
Rep

thread closed....

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 03:36 PM   #53
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Sorry but that is bollox, there is no way on Earth a BMW can be deemed Exclusive in the UK.

People do not buy them for this, it's very much down to either brand loyalty or the 20% + discounts and low apr's.

Just in my road alone there are plenty various types of new from 2 series to a number of M cars.
Yes they are..Look at the sales figures and what customers have said you CLEARLY dont know Just because your street is full of em doesnt mean Everyone has one.. I live in north and move to London sometimes. I see more mercs and audis than bm's
A car is considered exclusive when it is produced in low volume, or has a high price tag, or both. BMW will sell as many cars as they possibly can, nothing exclusive about it. Just because you see more Mercs and Audis doesn't make BMW more exclusive, it means customers in that market chose a Merc or Audi over a similarly priced BMW.

It is not by BMWs choice that you see more Benz or Audi.. If it was up to BMW, they would want you to only see BMW wherever you go.

I would consider the 1M coupe to be an exclusive BMW.
      04-15-2015, 03:43 PM   #54
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

BMW wants the highest possible percentage of market share in each category, not a exclusive brand by any measure. Ferrari limiting cars to 7k per year, Pagani and Koenigsegg selling a extremely low volume per year, Lamborghini selling less than 2k cars per year, are all examples of being exclusive. Selling almost 2 million cars worldwide is very far from exclusive. BMW was number one in worldwide sales out of the 3 German luxury brands. They are not looking for exclusivity. I live in Los Angeles and I can't spit on the street without hitting a BMW.. And that's exactly how BMW wants it.
      04-15-2015, 03:48 PM   #55
YungDro
Major
Rep

thread closed....

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #56
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
A car is considered exclusive when it is produced in low volume, or has a high price tag, or both. BMW will sell as many cars as they possibly can, nothing exclusive about it. Just because you see more Mercs and Audis doesn't make BMW more exclusive, it means customers in that market chose a Merc or Audi over a similarly priced BMW.

It is not by BMWs choice that you see more Benz or Audi.. If it was up to BMW, they would want you to only see BMW wherever you go.

I would consider the 1M coupe to be a exclusive BMW.
Im talking about UK bmws not worldwide youre not from the UK and I didnt finish my reply but in a survey for BMW UK customers 65% of customers went for a BM for exclusivity. For example the whole reason people bought a 6GC instead of a A7 or CLS was for exclusivity Look at this video go to 4:26.

but its a business all 3 want to make money..
To me, exclusivity comes from the brand, not the customer. If the brand intends on making a product exclusive, then I consider it exclusive. I don't consider something exclusive because other consumers chose to buy its competitor. I like what I like, no matter how many or how little are on the streets. Other consumers purchases don't influence my purchase. If I like the 6GC, I'll buy a 6GC, weather there are 10 to 10,000 on the streets.

I did Internet sales for BMW for 1 year and trust me, there was no shortage of 6GC on the lot. We had cars sitting there for over 1 year.
      04-15-2015, 04:03 PM   #57
YungDro
Major
Rep

thread closed....

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 04:27 PM   #58
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecker335d View Post
They should have chosen another brand. Nissan trucks aren't the best things out there.
Actually Nissan's new Titan with the 5.0L Turbo Diesel is a well engineered truck. Diesel fans have been waiting for this new Cummins, even better coming in a half ton truck.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 05:36 PM   #59
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro View Post
Bollox? did I swear at you no. How immature . and Yes they are..Look at the sales figures and what some customers have said on buying a brand new bmw you CLEARLY dont know it has nothing to do with loyalty. I have plenty of friends who are loyal to merc and bmw but they switch between mercs and bmws and various other brands like porsche and jags.. Just because your street is full of em doesnt mean Everyone has one.. my street is full of porsche jeeps that doesnt mean EVERYONE has one I live in north and move to London sometimes. I see more mercs and audis than bm's. High end bm's and M cars are rarer to see. if you live in a wealthy neighbourhood for example like wilmslow you will see more. the more common ones are the 3 series and 1 series cause they sell a lot and always will but theres less of them compared to audi and merc c classes etc. I own a c class amg myself, i travel all around the UK and everywhere i go someone has the same car is me exact same spec too its just too common. merc has had an offer on for a while too and has sold a crazy amount of C's in the UK..When i bought mine the salesman even said you will see a lot of these on the road..

Excepting fiesta / Focus BMW outsell ford.

They are getting to be the de facto 'Clittoral car.

With Audi, Mercedes & BMW, due to ridiculously cheap lease and PCP deals German cars are exceptionally common.

It is cheaper going for a 3 series or C class than it is a Ford Mondeo.

The negative equity on these cars is getting rather high lol.

Once upon a time you might see a 6 series every now and then in Cambridge, now you see 5 or 6 in same day.

Large discounts = large drops in residuals.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 11:20 PM   #60
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
A lot of interesting comments in here. I've only owned BMW's, and so far have owned 5 of them. I absolutely love this company and I have a deep connection when I sit in the cockpit of one of these machines.

However, I have to say BMW is not the great innovator and top dog it once undisputedly was.

Audi has the looks and interiors, but their cars still lack passion and feel too much like dressed up VW's. Similar to how Lexus feels in relation to Toyota. I will still give BMW marks for fending off Audi.

Mercedes on the other hand is kicking ass and taking names. Their cars are just gorgeous and drive wonderfully. I had the new 2015 C300 4 Matic for a loaner, and I was just shocked at the quality of every component in the car. The 3 series feels so cheap and pedestrian compared to the C class. Even crazier is how well the Mercedes drives. From a flick of a button, you go from comfy cruiser to a canyon cutter. It is just remarkable how much Mercedes has caught up, and in some ways, surpassed BMW. I have a lot of demons to fight off, because for my next lease I might be looking at a C400 Coupe instead of a 435i!
      04-17-2015, 06:27 AM   #61
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Renault-Nissan Alliance owns a share of Daimler which owns Mercedes. Possibly the reason for choosing Nissan to work from.

Also, this thread is hilarious in a sad way.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 07:22 AM   #62
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
The Camry and Accord also sell well. It doesn't mean they're inspiring vehicles.
The "problem" is that they're more inspiring than their competition, which makes them appealing to many.

The only good I can hope for is that BMW takes some of this money they're raking in and uses it to fund high performing vehicles. Maybe I'm dreaming...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:11 AM   #63
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
BMW wants the highest possible percentage of market share in each category, not a exclusive brand by any measure. Ferrari limiting cars to 7k per year, Pagani and Koenigsegg selling a extremely low volume per year, Lamborghini selling less than 2k cars per year, are all examples of being exclusive. Selling almost 2 million cars worldwide is very far from exclusive. BMW was number one in worldwide sales out of the 3 German luxury brands. They are not looking for exclusivity. I live in Los Angeles and I can't spit on the street without hitting a BMW.. And that's exactly how BMW wants it.
I mean you do realize that Pagani, Koenigsegg, Lamborghini, and Ferrari are all hand-built low-volume production cars and could never be built on a high-volume production line like all BMWs are.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:31 AM   #64
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh
Quote:
I mean you do realize that Pagani, Koenigsegg, Lamborghini, and Ferrari are all hand-built low-volume production cars and could never be built on a high-volume production line like all BMWs are.
Yes, I realize that.. Which is why I used those brands and that's exactly what makes them exclusive. Like I said in another point, exclusivity comes from the brand, not the consumer.
      04-18-2015, 06:45 AM   #65
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Yes, I realize that.. Which is why I used those brands and that's exactly what makes them exclusive. Like I said in another point, exclusivity comes from the brand, not the consumer.
There are high-rate production cars/trucks that have exclusivity too.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 10:10 AM   #66
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh
Quote:
There are high-rate production cars/trucks that have exclusivity too.