M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Race Car Nurburgring Times

03-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #1
nrgy
Private
Rep
Drives: AMG GTR, LP570-4

Race Car Nurburgring Times

With the recent speculation over the Huracan Performante, I was curious if any GT3 race cars have recorded times at the Nurburgring? It'd be interesting to see how much faster they are over their road going counterparts with the stickier tires, aero, power/weight and other tweaks.

I found a video of a DTM M4 lap, which isn't as relevant a comparison to a GT3 race car since it's so far off a street M4, but cool nonetheless.

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgy View Post
which isn't as relevant a comparison to a GT3 race car since it's so far off a street M4, but cool nonetheless.
A GT3 racecar is also very far from their roadgoing counterparts.
If you look at bmw GT3 cars, everything is different.
The complete suspension system, and I dont mean shocks, I mean control arms, subframes everything. Sometimes they even get like dual wishbone suspension where the roadcar has a mcpherson strut, so very big differences.

And do you mean a full lap or a btg lap? (the performante record was a 'full' lap, but that dtm video is a (slow) bgt lap)
Most GT3 qualifying rounds are of course incl. the F1 track, but if you take that off, a gt3 car does about 6:35-6:40 (full lap) I estimate (in qualifying).
But a lot of experts think the performante lap was rigged
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 03-09-2017 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 0