M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion subscription expired

03-21-2024, 10:19 PM   #1
Mrray07
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: M8

Garage List
2019 BMW   [0.00]
subscription expired

Does anyone experience this when your Idrive subscription expires, almost half of the downloaded apps are removed. The feature to drag and set timer removed and you cannot 3D check your car location? Did anyone renew theirs and what’s the number and cost to do that? Thanks Ray. Sorry I have a 2019 M8.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 08:06 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

You need to go to the connected drive website , logon and then select what subscriptions you like
They include things like usb map updates, rtti
There are others aswell
Not sure where you are but in the U.K. these are free for first 3 years and then you have to buy a yearly subscription for these services
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 06:11 PM   #3
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrray07 View Post
Does anyone experience this when your Idrive subscription expires, almost half of the downloaded apps are removed. The feature to drag and set timer removed and you cannot 3D check your car location? Did anyone renew theirs and what’s the number and cost to do that? Thanks Ray. Sorry I have a 2019 M8.
Various components of iDrive are for the life of the car. That said all the conveniences we take for granted are 48 months aka 4 years (milage doesn't matter unlike the warranty) and then "poof". But as posted above easy to buy back (sadly BMW removed the more really what you need package and now it's full price all the way). Just reupped last November after my 2020 (in-service date 12/9/2019) went poof.
Appreciate 0