M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Anyone ever think about getting a truck?

08-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #45
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

SRT rams do awesome burnouts....
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #46
Silver-Bolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Damn this thread. I've started to look into SRT-10 Ram's now because of it. A crew cab with auto is between $20-25k. Plus with me getting reimbursed for mileage I guess I could look past the fuel economy...
If you plan to haul or tow with the SRT you had better take a close look at the payload and towing limits. They haul ass but not much else.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #47
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
If you plan to haul or tow with the SRT you had better take a close look at the payload and towing limits. They haul ass but not much else.
I think it still has a 7000lbs towing capacity if I remember correctly.
      08-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #48
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaite View Post
I was going to type out a logical response but then I saw you were from Texas. No sense in wasting my time. This is why I hate America.

Roof racks? Rent a truck for the 4-5 times a year you might need to go to Home Depot and save yourself an extra car payment and gas. And tell your lazy friends to do the same.
Why do you need a 135? Shouldn't you have a vespa, or better yet a bicycle and a bus pass?

Go away
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #49
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
I think it still has a 7000lbs towing capacity if I remember correctly.
I think it depends on the trans, I think you can tow a bit more with the auto, i think the mt is limited to anvery low number, but it has been a long time since I've cared much
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #50
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
I read an article the other day about a guy who does construction and uses an SRT Ram. He said that thing would do the work and then some...
      08-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #51
MikeyV
Captain
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant & A1 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
I seriously wish we had utes:
I've always been more of a Ford guy myself.

The FPV Super Pursuit is pretty coo.

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #52
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaite View Post
I was going to type out a logical response but then I saw you were from Texas. No sense in wasting my time. This is why I hate America.

Roof racks? Rent a truck for the 4-5 times a year you might need to go to Home Depot and save yourself an extra car payment and gas. And tell your lazy friends to do the same.
You didn't think through much regarding these replies did you?
Donate your vehicle to the next person you see at a bus stop.
Us Texans love you too!
      08-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #53
swaite
High School Dropout
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
Unbelievaible. People like you really are the problem with our country and what scares me when I think about the future of this GREAT country that the majority of us love.

The ignorance is just....I don't know how to describe it. The stereotype that comes from people is just ignorance into an unknown realm.
People like me are the problem with our country? Exactly what do you mean by that? I think you need to open your eyes a little bit. Oh, and way to stereotype me after accusing me of doing the same to you. You're really a winner. Please drive your truck off a cliff.

Don't be upset because I provided a logical alternative to purchasing a truck, and you don't want to accept it. It's sort of like buying a house with an extra floor and never using it. I'm guessing that's acceptable to you, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
Why do you need a 135? Shouldn't you have a vespa, or better yet a bicycle and a bus pass?

Go away
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
You didn't think through much regarding these replies did you?
Donate your vehicle to the next person you see at a bus stop.
Us Texans love you too!
Did it ever occur to anybody that I don't live in a place with a public transit system? I use my car to its exact purpose. You guys must have been sick when they went over analogies in 1st grade.
      08-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #54
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
This is great. You're just proving the point.

First, you came on here and didn't even address the topic. You simply let out your brainwashed, ignorant anger against trucks because you probably think they are the cause of global warming and are going to end the Earth.

Then you proceeded to assume you were wasting your time because you see Texas. This is the dumbest part of all.

Then you said this is why you hate the country.

So yes, I'd say these are good reasons to worry. There are more and more people like you living in this country. And I'm really worried for our future because of it.

All I can say is that I hope some day you grow up and realize your ignorance and can let go of the hate. That you'll "Open your eyes" and your mind and think about everything logically before you speak/reply.

Last edited by gizmo335i; 08-29-2011 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 01:29 AM   #55
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
^^^ so u think global warming is a farce then?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 03:09 AM   #56
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
I'm going to assume you are serious...

I actually typed up my long answer. But then I deleted it. I just don't think I can take the replies that I wil get on here.
      08-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #57
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I don't see your complaint very clearly. You seem to "hate" anyone using a vehicle that does not conform to your ideals. You "hate" the country too.

Your area is of size that it does not have public transit yet you still drive a 6 cylinder BMW with twin turbos.

Trying to demean members because of their decisions while attempting to make yourself seem more responsible is amusing.
      08-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #58
flyinb501
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Quote:
This is great. You're just proving the point.

First, you came on here and didn't even address the topic. You simply let out your brainwashed, ignorant anger against trucks because you probably think they are the cause of global warming and are going to end the Earth.

Then you proceeded to assume you were wasting your time because you see Texas. This is the dumbest part of all.

Then you said this is why you hate the country.

So yes, I'd say these are good reasons to worry. There are more and more people like you living in this country. And I'm really worried for our future because of it.

All I can say is that I hope some day you grow up and realize your ignorance and can let go of the hate. That you'll Open your eyes" and your mind and think about everything logically before you speak/reply.
Amen! The last I checked this is still a free country. People have the right to drive whatever they want, and it is none of your business.

I find myself always needing the utility of my truck. I'm not sure how anyone can get by without one.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #59
freshwhite335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991/RR Sport AB

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
would love my parents to trade in their spare grand cherokee for a king ranch f150. more likely would be a range rover though.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 08:18 PM   #60
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

Never EVER. Trucks epitomizes the inefficiencies of the American mindset and government. Block more of others' vision... I've never seen a full haul in the bed of a pickup... These fuckers drive around like it's fun to be in a three-ton behemoth and then proceed to bitch about gas prices. Cry more.
      08-31-2011, 08:32 PM   #61
GuyOh
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LB M2 / 2020 X5 40i

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
2020 Bmw X5 40i  [0.00]
Ford Raptor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 11:42 PM   #62
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelthepsycho View Post
Never EVER. Trucks epitomizes the inefficiencies of the American mindset and government. Block more of others' vision... I've never seen a full haul in the bed of a pickup... These fuckers drive around like it's fun to be in a three-ton behemoth and then proceed to bitch about gas prices. Cry more.
Well, I'll give you that this response is at least debatable more so than the other guy.

I still think you're so mis-guided and maybe brainwashed. I can't believe I'm getting into this again...but this fascinates me that so many people think like this.

So maybe you can calm down and THINK and maybe debate this.

1. Why would you have to SEE someone driving with their bed full to believe that they ever use it more?

2. They block the roads? Do you just happen to live somewhere unique in America where the roads are more narrow than other places? We have so much room here with such wide roads that I can't understand how this is a big deal. Sometimes I get behind a truck that annoys me. But it doesn't cause me to stereotype all truck drivers and assume they don't use their truck for hauling.

3. As far as I know, everyone bitches about gas prices. I think the left in this country love high gas prices for a number of reasons. But this is another debate.

4. I don't understand the reference to America. Do you understand that there are A LOT of trucks in other countries? I have been all over the world. And Europeans in particular....LOVE trucks and are jealous that we have all the room we have to own them. If they could afford to drive them and dealerships were selling them, they would buy them like crazy.

I just can't understand why you would sit there every day....and eventually come to the conclusion that trucks are the devil. Just please try to think about these things logically. Please don't sit there and let hatred and anger develop about such silly things. Trust me, you will be a much happier person. And don't do the knee-jerk response you posted above with cussing/etc. It really does make you look/sound stupid...
      09-01-2011, 04:19 AM   #63
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

Quote:
Well, I'll give you that this response is at least debatable more so than the other guy.

I still think you're so mis-guided and maybe brainwashed. I can't believe I'm getting into this again...but this fascinates me that so many people think like this.

So maybe you can calm down and THINK and maybe debate this.

1. Why would you have to SEE someone driving with their bed full to believe that they ever use it more?

2. They block the roads? Do you just happen to live somewhere unique in America where the roads are more narrow than other places? We have so much room here with such wide roads that I can't understand how this is a big deal. Sometimes I get behind a truck that annoys me. But it doesn't cause me to stereotype all truck drivers and assume they don't use their truck for hauling.

3. As far as I know, everyone bitches about gas prices. I think the left in this country love high gas prices for a number of reasons. But this is another debate.

4. I don't understand the reference to America. Do you understand that there are A LOT of trucks in other countries? I have been all over the world. And Europeans in particular....LOVE trucks and are jealous that we have all the room we have to own them. If they could afford to drive them and dealerships were selling them, they would buy them like crazy.

I just can't understand why you would sit there every day....and eventually come to the conclusion that trucks are the devil. Just please try to think about these things logically. Please don't sit there and let hatred and anger develop about such silly things. Trust me, you will be a much happier person. And don't do the knee-jerk response you posted above with cussing/etc. It really does make you look/sound stupid...
1. Because a truck should always be a backup vehicle. It should never be driven as a daily driver. I see almost 50% of SUVs/trucks in SoCal with either no cargo or passenger. That, to me, says the majority of truck users use it as their DD. If you ain't hauling... Park it and take the other car. If you can afford a 50K truck, you can afford to buy another fuel-efficient daily.

2. I never said they block roads. I said they block vision. I can brake earlier if I can see two cars ahead of me through the windshield of the person in front of me. With a tall truck or SUV, that's not possible.

3. I don't bitch about gas prices. It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I hope it goes to $10 a gallon so people will pedal a fucking bike and I'll still fill up just fine. Or better yet... Learn to ride a motorcycle. I get more than 40 MPG on my ZX-6R

4. Let's not turn this into a pissing contest about how many countries we've been to. Most European countries tax their cars based on displacement. Most cars you'll see in any European country is less than 2.0 liters. You talk about affordability. EXACTLY... The government wants to make it prohibitive to drive a huge truck. The U.S. is psychologically light-years behind in forward thinking. We have the technology to be efficient but our mentality prevents us from being so. You want to talk Asia? Same deal. Displacement tax. Guess what? A Lambo owner has to pay a shit-ton extra to get plates and registration in Taiwan because the engine's over 5,999 ccs in size. China? They have so many cars they only allow either odd or even numbered plates on the road any given day. Ask them if they buy their trucks as a daily or as a status symbol? We trivialize the owning of trucks like it's matter-of-fact.

To support trucks used as they are (AKA NOT HAULING) would be, in fact, the illogical thing. I can count the number of times I needed to use a hauler in my entire life with my two hands. Unless someone moves a lot or works in the construction / logistics-related industry, I see no legitimate reason. Let's not forget most trucks have bad handling compared to even a seriously-driven econo-box. Sure, a truck will probably demolish the competition in an accident but why get into one in the first place? I get the whole mentality of buying a shitty driver a huge truck to save himself. Not me.

Last edited by michaelthepsycho; 09-01-2011 at 04:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 04:36 AM   #64
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
I just typed up a whole reply to all of this....but right at the end...it deleted itself....no way I'm typing that again, lol....
      09-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #65
flyinb501
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Quote:
1. Because a truck should always be a backup vehicle.
Who says? Some people don't want to own 2 vehicles. If they use the utilities of a truck twice a year, that's enough to justify owning one. Hell, even if they never use it for hauling and they just like the feel of driving a truck, that's their prerogative. None of your business. Where do you draw the line? A 335i gets terrible gas mileage compared to some cars. Maybe we should ban any car that gets under 30 mpg?

Quote:
I hope it goes to $10 a gallon so people will pedal a fucking bike and I'll still fill up just fine.
Nice... People like you amaze me.

Quote:
The government wants to make it prohibitive to drive a huge truck. The U.S. is psychologically light-years behind in forward thinking. We have the technology to be efficient but our mentality prevents us from being so.
Maybe you should move to Europe because you clearly don't appreciate the standard of living, and the freedoms we've been blessed with in this country.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #66
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Yep. Umm hmm.
The 335 is considered a green and low emissions vehicle.
Yep. Sho nuff. Yep.
Great mileage per gallon. Yep.
I know that's right.