M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Any love for Maserati GranTurismo? Any owners?

06-02-2017, 11:45 PM   #23
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

I don't get it when people say...The service is too expensive....I mean oil changes, diff fluids, tranny flashes, plugs, etc.....all that shouldn't be a dime more then in any American V8 as far as materials and labor goes. Aren't you only getting f'ed if you bring it to Ferrari dealer?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 07:05 AM   #24
8k4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
I don't get it when people say...The service is too expensive....I mean oil changes, diff fluids, tranny flashes, plugs, etc.....all that shouldn't be a dime more then in any American V8 as far as materials and labor goes. Aren't you only getting f'ed if you bring it to Ferrari dealer?
Do yourself a favor and call Maserati parts depth and ask them how much the fluids cost, diff, trans, filters, etc. Them you will know. Not like going to Walmart buying atf
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 08:12 AM   #25
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Call and find out how often the timing belt and water pump require replacement, and what it costs.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 08:33 AM   #26
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k4 View Post
Do yourself a favor and call Maserati parts depth and ask them how much the fluids cost, diff, trans, filters, etc. Them you will know. Not like going to Walmart buying atf
OEM oil with filter and washer is $150 online or any 40 weight oil in Walmart, spark plugs $120 all 8. It's no different then BMW. All fluids, filters, and accessory belt replaced is $500 for parts (I am guessing like a 50-60k service) Labor for all fluids can't be different then any other car, unscrew the bolts, drain and fill, done. Transmission is same as all BMWs, it's ZF6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Call and find out how often the timing belt and water pump require replacement, and what it costs.
It's a chain
Appreciate 0