M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Panamera Turbo ST vs M8 Gran Coupe Competition

12-07-2021, 05:03 PM   #23
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrish1985 View Post
The M6 is completely different from the M8. No one needs to own both to know that the differences are beyond obvious.
Well said.

Wait, I can't tell—are you agreeing/disagreeing with something someone said… me or someone else?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 07:45 PM   #24
harrish1985
Rep
Drives: F8 SPDR SF90 SPDR G63 RRATB X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
We'll said.

Wait, I can't tell—are you agreeing/disagreeing with something someone said… me or someone else?
Agreeing with you. Respectfully disagreeing with the gentleman with the AM Vantage.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4418.50
      12-08-2021, 12:57 AM   #25
moonM8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8GC, 2019 X5

M8GC hands down. I've driven and owned many BMWs and the M8 is by far the best in all aspects. This car is BMW's flagship. Obviously that's my opinion but most people would say it passes the eye test along with the performance test. I'm pushing close to 800hp and breaking necks at the same time. Whoever is hating in this thread should get off the forums.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
limeypride4418.50
snowbimmer5001.00
AJ191.50
      12-08-2021, 08:18 AM   #26
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Call me crazy, but I feel truly the M8GC is the last truly great body design that we'll see based on what's soon to come to market and what the G8X series has shown.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 05:13 PM   #27
harrish1985
Rep

So I've driven the M8 GC about 250 miles now for the past few days and here's my take on it as a direct comparison to the Panamera ST.

The M8GC is hands down supremely quicker. The initial inertia of being pushed back in your seat is eye watering. The car continues to pull in any gear. I don't know the exact weight of the M8GC vs. the PST but the M8 feels lighter and is much easier to throw around. The handling also seems superior and the biggest plus for me is the ability to endlessly tune all aspects of the car including engine, suspension, steering, brake and 4WD versus 2WD. Being able to hit a button and drift around is incredibly fun and the car feels very sports car like. I have owned several exotics as well and have an F8 spider coming in 4-6 weeks and I'll say that even after driving the F8 which is incredibly quick I am blown away by how powerful the M8 is. The exhaust tone is notably better than the sports exhaust I had on the PST. It's quiet when you want it to be but once you have the sports settings on it sounds incredibly sporty without being obnoxious. The tech and the apps on the new iDrive system are very nice and I think for many people that's personal preference. I also very much liked the PCM of the Porsche. In conclusion, for those on the fence about BMW please do yourself a favor and drive their competition models. Throw it in M mode with 2WD and tune everything to the stiffest settings and you'll be smiling for quite a while. The Panamera was a very nice car but it's very different than the M8. In all, the Panamera served me well but I have no regrets switching to the M8.
Appreciate 2
limeypride4418.50
moonM8384.00
      12-15-2021, 09:01 PM   #28
jaiden3301
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrish1985 View Post
So I've driven the M8 GC about 250 miles now for the past few days and here's my take on it as a direct comparison to the Panamera ST.

The M8GC is hands down supremely quicker. The initial inertia of being pushed back in your seat is eye watering. The car continues to pull in any gear. I don't know the exact weight of the M8GC vs. the PST but the M8 feels lighter and is much easier to throw around. The handling also seems superior and the biggest plus for me is the ability to endlessly tune all aspects of the car including engine, suspension, steering, brake and 4WD versus 2WD. Being able to hit a button and drift around is incredibly fun and the car feels very sports car like. I have owned several exotics as well and have an F8 spider coming in 4-6 weeks and I'll say that even after driving the F8 which is incredibly quick I am blown away by how powerful the M8 is. The exhaust tone is notably better than the sports exhaust I had on the PST. It's quiet when you want it to be but once you have the sports settings on it sounds incredibly sporty without being obnoxious. The tech and the apps on the new iDrive system are very nice and I think for many people that's personal preference. I also very much liked the PCM of the Porsche. In conclusion, for those on the fence about BMW please do yourself a favor and drive their competition models. Throw it in M mode with 2WD and tune everything to the stiffest settings and you'll be smiling for quite a while. The Panamera was a very nice car but it's very different than the M8. In all, the Panamera served me well but I have no regrets switching to the M8.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 11:19 AM   #29
harrish1985
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiden3301 View Post

Glad I made you laugh!
Appreciate 0