M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Added quad tips on M850i (pics)

01-25-2024, 02:53 AM   #23
Joseprowler
Registered
Rep
Drives: M850i

Pipes diameter ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxxas View Post
Quad tips bought off eBay.
Have to remove defuser to take off exhaust trim that comes through defuser or tips won't fit .
Exhaust shop has to do a little fabrication but it's just to bend pipe and weld in place to fit tips on. Square ends of OEM pipe off muffler need cut off.
Be so kind to refer the diameter of each pipe.
Appreciate 1
Draxxas176.50
      01-27-2024, 04:09 PM   #24
Draxxas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850i

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40326617473...mis&media=COPY
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 11:14 PM   #25
jiggyboiswagg
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M550i

Garage List
2022 M550i  [0.00]
Hey guys Draxxas

This is new to me and I’d love to put quad tips on my m550, is there any backlash/frowning upon/distaste for adding branded tips on without that brands’ exhaust system? For ex Remus tips on a non Remus system or akrapovic tips on an M performance exhaust system

genuinely curious.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 02:20 PM   #26
KillerBlackRhino
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F93 M8 GC Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggyboiswagg View Post
Hey guys Draxxas

This is new to me and I’d love to put quad tips on my m550, is there any backlash/frowning upon/distaste for adding branded tips on without that brands’ exhaust system? For ex Remus tips on a non Remus system or akrapovic tips on an M performance exhaust system
genuinely curious.

It’s probably frowned upon By the general community
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 08:37 AM   #27
Draxxas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggyboiswagg View Post
Hey guys Draxxas

genuinely curious.

Personally I could care less about someone not happy about what I put on my car. I make it look good to me. I don't aim to please people I don't know. If you like the name on the tips put them on. If not get ones with no name. It's funny, I've come across M8 owners that say the M shouldn't be on my car because it's not a true "m" car. According to BMW that designed and produced the car it is an "M" 850i . Not going to please everyone. 😊
Appreciate 4
KB7120.00
JtheW112.00
      04-24-2024, 05:05 PM   #28
ElloM8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Quote:
Personally I could care less about someone not happy about what I put on my car. I make it look good to me. I don't aim to please people I don't know. If you like the name on the tips put them on. If not get ones with no name. It's funny, I've come across M8 owners that say the M shouldn't be on my car because it's not a true "m" car. According to BMW that designed and produced the car it is an "M" 850i . Not going to please everyone. 😊
I personally think "up-badging" is a sin. That said, you did not do that. You simply added an "M" up front. People may disagree but that is NOT up-badging. I believe the tune for these cars is created by their M performance team. As a result, it is an "M"850i. I take all my badges off all of my cars. It keeps people guessing. ; ) I guess someone could accuse me of "Up-badging" via my license plate.. LOL It will out run a stock M8.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 05:25 PM   #29
MagnificoRoad
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 840iGC

[QUOTE=ElloM8;31099963]I personally think "up-badging" is a sin. That said, you did not do that. You simply added an "M" up front. People may disagree but that is NOT up-badging. I believe the tune for these cars is created by their M performance team. As a result, it is an "M"850i. I take all my badges off all of my cars. It keeps people guessing. ; ) I guess someone could accuse me of "Up-badging" via my license plate.. LOL It will out run a stock M8.

And it’s a stunner
      04-24-2024, 05:54 PM   #30
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElloM8 View Post
I personally think "up-badging" is a sin. That said, you did not do that. You simply added an "M" up front. People may disagree but that is NOT up-badging. I believe the tune for these cars is created by their M performance team. As a result, it is an "M"850i. I take all my badges off all of my cars. It keeps people guessing. ; ) I guess someone could accuse me of "Up-badging" via my license plate.. LOL It will out run a stock M8.
Besides the extra two doors, descent looking.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 06:45 PM   #31
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
One could argue that a 4600 lbs car should not be an "M" car in first place. Everyone has their own opinions.

If BMW calls it that or M (followed by 3 digits), then that's what it is.
Appreciate 2
ElloM815.00
Draxxas176.50
      04-27-2024, 05:24 PM   #32
Draxxas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElloM8 View Post

Same. I have so far the fastest m850i in the world and easily leave a M8 after the 1/8th. Car has a stage 2 E30 tune and I just switched tuners so the times I have on dragy are about to be beat. Going to take a couple weeks to get map tweaked. Tuner says 4-5 revisions before it's done . First datalogs today. Now I wait for Rev 2 😊
Appreciate 0